You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

2 hours ago, Champ said:

You had me til ‘mushrooms’, Pidge. Can’t do ‘slippy’ mushrooms 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Leave out the mushrooms and that sounds ace! 

Not usually a big fan of mushrooms either, but fancied giving it a try.  Cut them up pretty finely to avoid big chunks.  Can't help but feel they really added to the overall flavour of it all. Haven't stopped to make a big dish meal in a while, really pleased I did.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Not usually a big fan of mushrooms either, but fancied giving it a try.  Cut them up pretty finely to avoid big chunks.  Can't help but feel they really added to the overall flavour of it all. Haven't stopped to make a big dish meal in a while, really pleased I did.

I just don’t see what they add to a dish - for me u less you’re paying big money for

mushrooms they taste of virtually nothing. 

If cooking for a big group I’ll use them but keep them big enough to be easily identifiable and then just leave them on my plate. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2019 at 17:23, Champ said:

I’ll raise you my latest new recipe

Blueberry and Lemon Cake

A44465A3-494C-494C-95CA-978728962CF2.jpeg

It tastes even better than it looks...and could easily be made without the blueberries if you wanted, Tony

On 04/10/2019 at 18:34, Tony Moanero said:

Looks sensational, Champ, even though I don’t like blueberries.

Is that glacé icing?

I think so. A runny paste of icing sugar and lemon juice 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...