You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

I’d forgotten how brilliant this is.

It’s a must watch for anyone even remotely interested in food.

Who's style of food are you more into Col? I love them both but really enjoy the episodes that focus more on the Antonio's home region in the north as it's (from my scant knowledge of italian food anyway) not as well known as the cuisine further south.

Who's style of food are you more into Col? I love them both but really enjoy the episodes that focus more on the Antonio's home region in the north as it's (from my scant knowledge of italian food anyway) not as well known as the cuisine further south.

To me the best of it is the piss taking between them, they’re obviously very good mates and it comes across in spades.

I naturally prefer more rustic, peasant food but they both make me laugh and I’ve sat here just smiling for an hour watching the first episode I’d already seen.

• Upvote 1

Probably doesn't belong in this thread but after you open a jar of marmalade, should it go in the fridge?

I bought some for the first time in years yesterday & it doesn't say on the jar.

Marmalade is amazing.

I wish it didn’t but I think it probably should. Houses are generally too warm these days it seems for you to be able to leave jams without loads of chemical preservatives just in the cupboard. You’re going to need a bigger fridge, Mook

• Upvote 1

Been doing keto for a couple of weeks now and I’m going to do it solidly for the foreseeable.

Brain feels sharp and no hunger despite having a 19 hour fasting window everyday. Full of energy.

Best is the food. Lambs, beef and veal liver. Hearts, dripping fried eggs, chicken thighs skin on. Cheese, cream, bacon, pork belly. Steak steak and more steak. Oily fish, more eggs.

9lb down in 2 weeks and lifts going up while walking 10 mile a day. It is the way to eat.

• Upvote 1

Been doing keto for a couple of weeks now and I’m going to do it solidly for the foreseeable.

Brain feels sharp and no hunger despite having a 19 hour fasting window everyday. Full of energy.

Best is the food. Lambs, beef and veal liver. Hearts, dripping fried eggs, chicken thighs skin on. Cheese, cream, bacon, pork belly. Steak steak and more steak. Oily fish, more eggs.

9lb down in 2 weeks and lifts going up while walking 10 mile a day. It is the way to eat.

What you doing about veg intake Anny?

Thats what concerns me going fully in on it.

Pretty good grub in the pen there fella.

Buying my own grub mate. Food here is not great. But not complaining.

What you doing about veg intake Anny?

Thats what concerns me going fully in on it.

Done tons of research mate and all top keto scientists are arguing that veg is not necessary. I’m no nutritional expert but a lot of the research seems valid. Google Dom D’Agostino https://blog.bulletproof.com/85-in-a-state-of-ketosis-with-dominic-dagostino-podcast/

He is a senior research and medical scientist. Loads of good discussion.

He is pretty much exclusively a carnivore.

• Upvote 1

Oi, Anny, there nothing 'Foodie' in any of the above. Off to your Crazy diet thread with yer!

• Upvote 1

Heard a great point today from a nutrition researcher who when asked why he thought humans were made to eat meat he replied because we like them.

He expanded by saying have you ever wondered why kids don’t like vegetables. Have you ever heard of an animal that has a natural aversion to something essential to its survival.

19-hour fasting window followed by what sounds like a 5-hour gorge fest. I'm assuming that 19-hour window includes the time you sleep.