You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Was a bit confused with the pictures of pizza and all haha.

Im off to make some Bruschetta but no doubt will disappoint myself. Sigh.

Is very simple to make good bruschetta Id dice Tomatoes chop Basil little oregano drizzle with balsamic and a hint of white wine vinegar mix up with your bread drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of rock salt. put them on your bread top with Buffalo Mozzarella sprinkle toast sprinkle with parsley boom done.

Is very simple to make good bruschetta Id dice Tomatoes chop Basil little oregano drizzle with balsamic and a hint of white wine vinegar mix up with your bread drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of rock salt. put them on your bread top with Buffalo Mozzarella sprinkle toast sprinkle with parsley boom done.

No rub of garlic on the bread? Why rock salt over sea salt, by the way?

Cheers Si, made it earlier and it turned out decent but didn't add any white wine vinegar or parsley so I'll give that a go next time.

Seriously though mate, you could be Nigella Lawsons left tit and you couldn't make a Bruschetta as good as the one I tasted. Get yourself to Rimini. The bird who served me was almost as delicious as the food too, plus she said she liked "England man" and "Fish and Chaps". You're a shoe in!

Cheers Si, made it earlier and it turned out decent but didn't add any white wine vinegar or parsley so I'll give that a go next time.

Seriously though mate, you could be Nigella Lawsons left tit and you couldn't make a Bruschetta as good as the one I tasted. Get yourself to Rimini. The bird who served me was almost as delicious as the food too, plus she said she liked "England man" and "Fish and Chaps". You're a shoe in!

ive been to rimini love the place.

Garlic and Tomato in my opinion is pointless as for the salt it traditional for the bread.

Pointless? The point is the taste of garlic, surely? As for the salt, I just think it tastes less harsh.

Garlic and Tomato in my opinion is pointless as for the salt it traditional for the bread.

Pointless? The point is the taste of garlic' date=' surely? As for the salt, I just think it tastes less harsh.[/quote']

Ok, I thought, your recipe was more 'complicated' than the way I would make it but no garlic, mister? Surely, that is a given.....garlic rubbed over the toast slices before adding the chopped tomato. Surely?

Ok, I thought, your recipe was more 'complicated' than the way I would make it but no garlic, mister? Surely, that is a given.....garlic rubbed over the toast slices before adding the chopped tomato. Surely?

its not gonna be so vacant with th balsamic white wine vinager and tomatovall doing the rounds my pount is uless you use loads you aint going to taste it

its not gonna be so vacant with th balsamic white wine vinager and tomatovall doing the rounds my pount is uless you use loads you aint going to taste it

Si, it would be worth reading your posts back before sending them. This one makes no sense to me

One halved clove of garlic rubbed on the bread gives a clear taste of garlic.

I took the kids around to Mum's this morning.

And was greeted with a breakfast of cevapcici and coleslaw.

It's great being Eastern European sometimes.

Funny how often this happens....I didn't know what cevapici was when I first read your post and then it pops up in the article I was reading in the paper about holidaying in Croatia

Funny how often this happens....I didn't know what cevapici was when I first read your post and then it pops up in the article I was reading in the paper about holidaying in Croatia

I'm somewhat surprised you didn't look it up at the time, Cath.

But then again, if it's funny how often this happens, perhaps it's unsurprising that you didn't.

I'm somewhat surprised you didn't look it up at the time' date=' Cath.

But then again, if it's funny how often this happens, perhaps it's unsurprising that you didn't.[/quote']

You know me pretty well...or does everybody do it now. I was going to google it and then got distracted....I think there was a bit of a match going on at the time.

Excused?

Not at all but my recipe has balsamic and white wine vinegar in it there two very dominant flavours garlic rub would be hidden imo I'll have to try it out next week.

Which would mask a far lighter flavour than garlic like....say...tomato. One to many vinegars.