You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Wasnt anything Special really we had a dish on for Asparagus it was literally 6 sticks of asparagus on a plate wit some expensive olive oil (J l Blanc) and some expensive Balsamic, I work on starters and was Embarrased to be sending it out, So i told the Chef i wasnt happy sending it out and thought it was poor, So he said you fo better so i prepped a load of Asparagus, Put all the wood and peelings into a pan of water boiled the arse out of it seasoned and Blitz the idea was to use it in a homemade mayo whic i wasnt allowed so i poored into some ready made mayo but the flavour from mayo was so sharp to taste the exparagus, I tried adding a bit more salt but did nothing so i poured it in till i could taste it this became a sauce lookily i split it into two, Because in one i tried to thicken it by whisking some cream into it problem being i also wanted to keep it a nice green, so i got the electric whisk and turned it on to thincken it but my bowl was to big and it over whicked in parts and looked like Scrambel egg taste bloody lovely though but i couldnt bring myself to serve that. so i didnt touch the other half because it already tasted bloody lovely. So then i blanched some Asparagus then wrapped in Parma Ham so it became , Poached Egg in a bowl of Warm Asparagus and mayo Sauce and Grilled Parma ham wrapped Aspargus, Now this is a place with no acolades its a place where i can get a background a stepping stone as to say, And it was being inspected by AA They ordered My Starter a Fish and Chips and a Chilli Pestacio and white Chocolate Browny the coment card read Starters Wonderful starter good enough for any restaurant , Fish and Chips Fish was bland and The desert nice but browny could of been hotter not the exact words but along the lines of that. I woke up to days ago to the Chef can you come in early today as we are in the shit i said yeah not a problem hes walking away then says oh and by the way we had AA inspecters here last night i was like oh really shit what was the problem he said nothing we got an award, they had your starter and loved it congratulation and he shook my hand and said see you at 12.

Where you working now Si?

A Gastro Pub/Hotel The Cricketers Arms near Stansted mate next to Olivers Parents place very busy of a weekend like James Coolins cgoice for sunday dinner when hes not Playing F????????

Has some good chefs great potential but the owners hate fine dining.

• 3 weeks later...
Champ did herself proud with the soda bread.

She said she's now taking orders.

I don't take orders......you have to be chosen!

On second thoughts everyone has their price....

I had a hankering for sardines for tea but couldnt find any so ended up with 4 herrings instead which we grilled on the barbecue, drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lemon. Greek salad, some good bread and a glass of wine. They were absolutely immense

I had a hankering for sardines for tea but couldnt find any so ended up with 4 herrings instead which we grilled on the barbecue, drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lemon. Greek salad, some good bread and a glass of wine. They were absolutely immense

Fuck you're making me hungry, all I've got in is a tin of toms and pasta.

I also had the best tuna I've ever had while we were away. I'd never been that impressed with it before but it was recommended and rightly so

I also had the best tuna I've ever had while we were away. I'd never been that impressed with it before but it was recommended and rightly so

Piss off.

Like a light, perfectly cooked steak. Melt in your mouth stuff....

Just found the only take away place to deliver to the sticks...a medium sized meat feast and garlic bread with cheese?

£37!

Hunger is a cunt and I blame you woman.

I reckon your missus knows all about your shortcomings in the shopping department more likely.

And FWIW a home delivery meat feast pizza has no place in a Foodie thread