You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Cream doesn't use up egg whites though does it Si?

just seems a waste of egg whites they make the best omelettes, Or why not try a sufle a cheese on toast Suflee simple Bechamel turned into a mornaise by adding cheese reduce some bitter add that to it bit of woustershire sauce to taste, Whisk the egg whites fold in to the sauce butter and bread crumb some ramakins boom in oven at 180 for 14 mins done.

Because I want smoked salmon.

Ok off the egg white subject but something you may like

Smoke Salmon and Mackerel Terin

1 Lime Juice and Zest

1 Pint Double Cream]

5 Gelitine Leaves

1 TBS Horse radiish

Coriander

4 Smoked Mackerel Fillets

1 pack Sliced Smoked Salmon ULESS!! Your good with a knife

Okay In a bowl blitz all but Gelitine and Smoked salmon Season to taste

When done put the leaves into tepid water till jellyish then transfer just the leaves and a splash of water to a pan boil till dissloved add to your mix and blits again, now get 3 lines of cling film. line that with your smoked salmon, and spoon the mixture in a line across the center roll slowly and tightly, Then put in fridge for 4 to 6 hours, after that if you want you can chop some herbs, Do the Gelitine step again this time brush the salmon with it roll it in the mixed herbs, then cover in cling film again and put in fridge again lot of pissing about but in terms of prep its quick easy and very rewarding.

Global are horrible knives imo the handle are a nightmare and they are far too light. I use MAC and Tojiro

Not everyone gets on well with them that's true Si, a couple of mates used to get really bad hand cramps because of the style of the handle (their excuse anyway).

But I've always really liked them and got on well with them, and you can't knock that deal.

Not everyone gets on well with them that's true Si, a couple of mates used to get really bad hand cramps because of the style of the handle (their excuse anyway).

But I've always really liked them and got on well with them, and you can't knock that deal.

I've got a couple, I find the give you a wonderfully deep cut when you don't concentrate. Like tonight. Ouch.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it's a weird sensation seeing it go in but not hurting. Teach me not concentrate though.

The fucking cat has just tried to eat my thumb! He can smell the blood on the plaster. I knew Judas was a name that suited him.

Edited by rico1304
Cat attack

i've booked me and the wife in at the Jules Vern restaurant on the 2nd tier of the Eiffel Tower on Friday.

It' sseriously fucking expensive. Anyone been? is it worth it??

A mate of mine went a few months ago, loved it. Although there was a bomb scare just after the final course and they didn't have to pay.

A mate of mine went a few months ago' date=' loved it. Although there was a bomb scare just after the final course and they didn't have to pay.[/quote']

Oh I don't think that would have influenced his view at all!

Took Mrs Tash to Drakes in Ripley (Surrey) for our anniversary. Food was very good, but the sommelier was even better. Always good having someone who knows what they're doing with regards to which wine to have. Right down to the one he paired with the local cheese. Most I've ever paid for a fucking meal though!