You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Why does everyone on Aussie foodie shows feel the need to describe absolutely everything as 'beautiful'? There's a show on right now called Secret Meat Business and the presenter Adrian Richardson has this habit, and it gets annoying when used nearly 10 times per minute! Donna Hay, Justine Schofield and Ben O'Donoghue all do the same thing on their TV shows, as do the presenters on Masterchef Australia. As a strange habit, it comes close to 'high rising terminal' where every sentence ends up sounding like a question!

• 2 weeks later...
We went out for a meal Wednesday evening and I had a rhubarb sorbet, never tried it before but it was great.

The rhubarb's great at the moment. I've had some forced from the garden but I just dont have enough to keep us going.

I once made rhubarb ice cream. It wasnt great. I'd left the pieces of rhubarb too big and they ended up just like pieces of ice in the ice cream. Buuut, I've still got the ice cream maker. Might be worth another go

Anyone watch The Chefs Protege on BBC2 this morning? Tom Kitchen was on, I've always thought he was a bit of a tit but he came across really well. Seemed genuinely interested in helping the young chefs. Completely different to his persona on britains best dish.

Anyone watch The Chefs Protege on BBC2 this morning? Tom Kitchen was on, I've always thought he was a bit of a tit but he came across really well. Seemed genuinely interested in helping the young chefs. Completely different to his persona on britains best dish.

Nah and I have to say he's never come across that well to me.

How-ever, he had just opened up a new place just down the road from us. Maybe I should check it out

He came through the Roux route, they have always promoted looking after new talent and he's a judge as part of the Roux Scholarship.

I've no palate left.

Lime and soda doesn't ease the pain the way a dozen kingfisher would either.

Apple and mango juice? I know its not the same either but it does go very well with curry

Must crack on...another day another birthday cake to make.....

• 3 weeks later...