You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not so with Suarez. And if we'd have fought our corner during the Evra affair it's unlikely they'd have arse-raped us this time. So yes, Ayre does bare some responsibility I'm afraid. He has no idea how to run us as a football club and is not fit for purpose. And as FSG haven't sussed that yet they're not doing much better.

Yep and yep.

I'm really not trying to take pop shots at Ayre here and I'm trying my best to avoid giving stick to FSG.

But when Rooney was getting the tiny bit of flak he was a few years back David Gill was out telling all and sundry the Mancs and Rooney were being victimized. Not just him though, the whole Manc PR machine was in overdrive trying to do something.

With us though, we seem content to let things fester.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got perspective, and I'm as annoyed as anyone with the ridiculous severity of the ban, but I'm also getting a bit pissed off with people calling Ayre and/or FSG cunts when Suarez is the tit who bit a player and also the tit who decided to not appeal it.

I see more threads abusing everyone else accept for the bellend who caused all this shite. I'm just getting fed up with all the outside crap our club has to deal with. But I'm also fucked off watching our fans blame everyone else baring the fucking tit who caused all this shite in the first place. Yes, the FA has screwed us yet again. But guess who's to blame? I'll give you a clue; it's not Ayre, or FSG, or even Rafa. You want to blame anyone, then blame Suarez for acting like a prick. The FA deserve abuse for being a bunch of xenophobic twats, but there's only one person to blame for all this mess, and that's the fella who's going to be unquestionably leaving in the summer.

We need perspective, but that perspective is where we actually accept who the real villain is in this piece, and it's the gobshite who bit another player. The FA are a close second though.

Thank you; some sense there.

So, from the horses mouth, we know how the mancs have got away with stuff no other club has, they fix it up with the fa first! Fucking incredible admission by ginsoak there.

Fergescum is lying; he's happy deep at heart. Playing the agent provocateur seeming to be someone of fair judgment, which he has never been. His intention being to lead us into even a deeper mess. Suarez's actions are indefensible by any reckoning. It's not his first offense; he's a serial offender and as much as I love him as a footballer, he has no future with Liverpool. He needs to go. He needs to take time off and take care of this serious psychological problem.

I think we would have got the sentence down had we appealed.

Why we did not appeal or the player did not appeal is anyone's guess.

No we wouldn't.

Every paper and website is going with 'suarez failed to grasp how serious this incident was' by stating he thought a 3 game ban was sufficient. The Fa took exception to this and gave him 7 more.

If he had ve appealed he would have got longer. No doubt about it.

Fergescum is lying; he's happy deep at heart. Playing the agent provocateur seeming to be someone of fair judgment, which he has never been. His intention being to lead us into even a deeper mess. Suarez's actions are indefensible by any reckoning. It's not his first offense; he's a serial offender and as much as I love him as a footballer, he has no future with Liverpool. He needs to go. He needs to take time off and take care of this serious psychological problem.

How about you go instead

Can someone bullet point a list of things he's done which make him so reviled please?

I think this particular thread is misplaced, as I think he's dealt with the biting incident as best he can given the starting position, but I'll answer anyway.

For me there are two incidents that tell me he shouldn't be in the job he's in: his comments about Bolton and TV rights, and his disastrous mishandling of the entire racism affair from start to finish. These two fuckups are enough to prove for me that he lacks both the managerial competence and the PR and political nous to be CEO / MD of a club the size of Liverpool.

My personal animosity towards him stems mainly from his comments last year when Kenny was sacked, which were basically that Kenny failed to meet the standards expected of him. With the two incidents I've mentioned, Ayre himself was every bit as big a failure last season as Kenny was, if not more so. And yet he got to keep his job while Kenny lost his, despite Kenny's track record as a manager being vastly superior to Ayre's as a CEO. I thought his words were massively hypocritical and disrespectful towards Kenny.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate him, just dislike him and view him with contempt.

Can someone bullet point a list of things he's done which make him so reviled please?

* Suarez/ Evra debacle

* Comolli promotion

* Carroll fee

* KK length of contract

* KK sacking

* Stadium debacle

* Carroll going home early on deadline day

* Total lack of experience for job