You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was doing "a fine job". I thought he was "handling the situation well".

Edited:

He isn't just a cunt. He is an incompetent one. No other Premier League club, nevermind a Top 10 European club, would hire such a mediocrity for the position of CEO. He is a nobody.

I don't even see Ayre as the problem.

I think the club as a whole, for years now, has been incompetent on how it deals with many things. From the people above Ayre(and his predecessor) to the people under him. We just have to get better. More ruthless and canny.

In fairness though, I think we're slowly, very slowly, getting better.

Guest San Don

I dont think so people have a grip on reality. People seem to think different owners or a ceo would have dealt with things differently. Maybe they would, maybe they'd have sold the player after the first incident.

People seem to think a new owner will spend shitloads of money on the team and ground. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldnt.

People seem to think new owners would put in a new ceo. Maybe they would. Maybe the new ceo wouldnt piss about and make far more changes than some would like?

Fact of the matter is though, I dont see a glut of new potential owners rushing to buy us.

Still we can always hope.

Besides the fucking mess he made of the Suarez incident last year, by hanging a club legend and our best player out to dry.

And the fact that he only ever appears for good news days.

Or the fact that we have issued more apologies in the last year and a half than we have won football matches.

Apart from that.

This is the massive cherry on a humongous shit cake.

34ihlht.jpg

Get back to marketing......................eejit.

Parry was a cunt and shite at business (and fucking transfers), but had good connections with the FA/authorities and didn't seem to put his foot in it with the media.

Ayre as a bit of nous with regard to making money for the club - hence why he got is promotion. He knows fuck all about running a football club and only seems concerned with getting his boat race on the telly/website as much as possible. So yes he's a cunt. I'd probably say he's worse than Coco and that's saying something.

I've just read this -

"We took into consideration of Mr Suárez's apology, his personal statement, supporting letter from Mr Brendan Rodgers and the letter from [club secretary] Ms Zoe Ward,"

which is from the FA decision.

If that is all that was submitted on behalf of the player, that is staggering.

The central issue with this case is the proportionality of the punishment. Proportionality is a central feature of sports disciplinary disputes and arguments about proportional punishments are a speciality of a number of sports lawyers. If we didn't use one then that's probably added at least 3 games to the ban.

If that is right someone is seriously incompetent. There is zero chance that Chelsea failed Terry in that respect.