You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The human body... It's fucking shit.

Fugitive

Interesting theory on travel sickness as well is that your brain is struggles to process why you're both sitting down and appear to be moving at the same time and just assumes you're being poisoned so tries to expel whatever is in your body.

It's possibly why reading in a car makes you feel worse (your brain get's more confused), whereas looking out of the window gives your brain more information on what's actually happening and lessens the effects.

17 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Interesting theory on travel sickness as well is that your brain is struggles to process why you're both sitting down and appear to be moving at the same time and just assumes you're being poisoned so tries to expel whatever is in your body.

It's possibly why reading in a car makes you feel worse (your brain get's more confused), whereas looking out of the window gives your brain more information on what's actually happening and lessens the effects.

Very interesting and makes a lot of sense.

12 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

The "body clock" can get to fuck, trying to be all smart.

My alarm for getting up for work is set for 7:15am, the other day I wake from a deep and comfy sleep, thinking it's middle of the night I check my phone to see what time it is and how many more hours in bed I have, fucking 7:14am. Twat.

Happens to me all the time that. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I woke up like that a while back. Both arms had gone dead, so I was just flailing like an inflatable bloke outside a car showroom trying to stop my alarm.

Were you actually outside a car showroom at the time? 

I've had a period where I've been hitting the deck pretty unannounced over the last few months. 

I have some blood tests tomorrow and my anxiety is through the roof with both why I am passing out and the actual blood test itself. 

got some diazepam off the quacks to see me through but not looking forward to any of it. 

my range of emotions is unreal atm

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

I've had a period where I've been hitting the deck pretty unannounced over the last few months. 

I have some blood tests tomorrow and my anxiety is through the roof with both why I am passing out and the actual blood test itself. 

got some diazepam off the quacks to see me through but not looking forward to any of it. 

Thats not good mate, good luck 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

5 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Could be as simple as a vitamin deficiency or low blood pressure. Relax as I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck anyway.

Thanks guys. 

I keep getting a sick feeling in My stomach like I have something in me that needs to come out. Any end. 
then the glands go and I hit the deck. It's so strange 

problem is I'm absolutely petrified of needles. So as well as the what the fuck is going on anxiety I've got that too. 

just catching up on sat nights UFC and then I'm taking the diazepam 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fowlers God said:

Thanks guys. 

I keep getting a sick feeling in My stomach like I have something in me that needs to come out. Any end. 
then the glands go and I hit the deck. It's so strange 

problem is I'm absolutely petrified of needles. So as well as the what the fuck is going on anxiety I've got that too. 

just catching up on sat nights UFC and then I'm taking the diazepam 

No need to worry about needles mate. Talk to Stig as he's had thousands of pricks.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

You'll be OK Dan. All the best mate.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Had a text to arrange an appointment following blood tests. 
next Wednesday is the earliest..........

as if my anxiety isn't bad enough as it is

I think they’re more on the ball these days. I’ve got a scan on Thursday and they have already booked me in for the results on Monday. 
Good luck ! 

On 24/01/2022 at 14:51, Fowlers God said:

Just seen this. The old girl started doing something similar about 2 years back. It is pretty frightening when it happens.

But she had tests and she has to take tablets now and seems to be ok.

Best wishes all goes ok for you.