You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aunt Sally and other weird pub games

Rico1304

I'm in the Cotswolds for a week and a family friend has roped me into playing Aunt Sally tonight. As far as I can make out its chucking a rounders bat at a target sitting on a beer barrel. Not a game that would flourish at home, although there are a few pubs where taking a bat in is advisable.

What other weird pub games are there?

I'm in the Cotswolds for a week and a family friend has roped me into playing Aunt Sally tonight. As far as I can make out its chucking a rounders bat at a target sitting on a beer barrel. Not a game that would flourish at home' date=' although there are a few pubs where taking a bat in is advisable.

What other weird pub games are there?[/quote']

Shag the ugliest bird competitions.

I'm in the Cotswolds for a week and a family friend has roped me into playing Aunt Sally tonight. As far as I can make out its chucking a rounders bat at a target sitting on a beer barrel. Not a game that would flourish at home, although there are a few pubs where taking a bat in is advisable.

What other weird pub games are there?

This is all the rage round mine in Ox/Berks.

Fucking weird and a waste of good drinking time but each to their own and all that

I think they normally have the target thing standing on a strange little pole

This is all the rage round mine in Ox/Berks.

Fucking weird and a waste of good drinking time but each to their own and all that

I think they normally have the target thing standing on a strange little pole

Correct, it was on a pole.

Another sport Im shit at.

Rock The Boat.

If theres a good few of you, all chip in a few quid and buy a range of drinks (Game drinks) all have to be different (Lager, Cider, Bitter, etc) and pour them all together into a decent sized tub/bowl so that the tub/bowl is a mix of all the different booze. Then place an empty mixer sized glass into the bowl slowly and it'll float. Then take turns pour as little or as much of your drink (not the drinks bought for the game as they should be in the bowl) into the glass and whoever sinks it has to down the glass, if they take their lips off the glass when downing it then they have to do it again, etc. I tend to be unlucky and end up having to neck about 6 during the course of the game and let me tell you a concoction of Guinness, Lager, Sambuca, etc can turn your stomach!