You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

sourness

boomer39

But his playing career is only a bit of his history with LFC now. Too much has happened since those days. And its all his own doing.

Robbie Fowler was a colossus of a player for the club. He hasn't been a bitter prick since he left, he hasn't bad mouthed the club, or disrespected the fans. And as such he remains an idol.

It can't be that difficult can it?

I can understand why he's hated but i can see two sides to the coin. Here is a man that deeply regrets the Sun story and also some of the decisions he made as manager of the club... ie disbanding the boot room and selling his top players because "it was their last chance of a proper contract elsewhere".

He made mistakes but seems genuinely sorry for doing so, he can't take that back. He also truly loves the club, he's still passionate about it. Fowler is a legend to which we can all agree on, all i'm saying is Souness won 5 league titles, 3 european cups, 4 league cups and captained liverpool in his 7 years here, I think that outweighs the rag story which he wholeheartedly regrets.

I can understand why he's hated but i can see two sides to the coin. Here is a man that deeply regrets the Sun story and also some of the decisions he made as manager of the club... ie disbanding the boot room and selling his top players because "it was their last chance of a proper contract elsewhere".

He made mistakes but seems genuinely sorry for doing so, he can't take that back. He also truly loves the club, he's still passionate about it. Fowler is a legend to which we can all agree on, all i'm saying is Souness won 5 league titles, 3 european cups, 4 league cups and captained liverpool in his 7 years here, I think that outweighs the rag story which he wholeheartedly regrets.

He regrets the backlash, not doing it.

Agree with everyone on here, he was an astonishing player and exactly what we could do with now.

As a man, he sold himself many years ago and I suspect that's all that motivates him. Given his conduct, even as a player some of his behaviour was controversial you think he'd know better?

My dad loved him when he was playing for us. big perm, legs like tree trunks, great player, boss tackler etc etc

Then he left, went to rangers where he was a fucking cunt playing with the likes of hateley and hurlock the horrible, then came here and fucked us up, then sold his story to that fucking shit rag

Nowadays as far as my dad is concerned, souness is a cunt and he looks like he puts ciggies out on babies.

Souness sold his story to that rag. You can't gloss over that. The Club should have grown a pair of bollocks and sacked him the day after. In light of what he did, I think it's a disgrace that he feels it's sound to get paid to pass comment on our games.

I've been wondering about that whole sorry episode, because it doesn't make sense for Souness to sell his story to the Sun. I have a nagging suspicion that they had some dirt on him, and used that to "persuade" him to give them that exclusive interview.

I've been wondering about that whole sorry episode, because it doesn't make sense for Souness to sell his story to the Sun. I have a nagging suspicion that they had some dirt on him, and used that to "persuade" him to give them that exclusive interview.

If they had 'dirt' on him I'd suspect that - given the ignoble nature of that whole corporation - it would have come out by now.

Souness' initial response was to feign innocence, to say he was in Scotland at the time and it was the Scottish Sun which never covered the story the same way. Then in Brian Reade's book it emerges he was briefed it about when he was appointed manager. Seems to me like he was just being 'Souness' putting himself first. That same arrogance we all lapped up when he was a player manifesting itself in a different way. He always was a cocksure cunt. When the shit hit the fan, though, he tried to weasel his way out of it with mealy mouthed excuses. In doing so he desecrated his own legacy as a player and there's no going back.

His 'in this weeks of all weeks' comment was one of the most stupid and hypocritical statements Ive ever seen aired on TV. I'm still flabbergasted that he had the cheek to say it. He waivered any right to use Hillsborough to criticise anyone 21 years ago.

Souness sold his story to that rag. You can't gloss over that. The Club should have grown a pair of bollocks and sacked him the day after. In light of what he did, I think it's a disgrace that he feels it's sound to get paid to pass comment on our games.

Then has the brass to moralise and feign indignation by suggesting Suarez disrespected the memory of Ann Williams while taking a fat cheque off Sky.

Get to fuck

I'd let them print a picture of me balls deep in a border collie before i'd fucking talk to them cunts

Guest davelfc
Thats true. But couldn't they just develop the pictures from the negatives and then give him the negatives?

We're hypothesising here of course on the whole thing, but we do know scum journos are fucking stupid cunts. You're anthropomorphising them.

so sorry that he continues to slaughter one of our players despite he himself being a fucking animal on the pitch.

I know Souness failed as a manager, sold that stupid story to the rag and has been a general knob in the press since he left us 1994. But i'm merely commenting on him as a player. As a player he is a legend.

As a soldier in WW1 Hitler was a war hero....this doesn't exempt him from being a bit of a twat later in life.

Remember the front page well... "Loverpool" him sitting on the bed kissing his bird. Then all the shit hit the fan and then all of sudden it was announced that he was giving the money to a local childrens' charity, no mention of that in the original interview.

I don't want to hate him because what he's done for us as a player but I just switch off when he's on the telly now, nothing he has to say interests me, a bit like Lawro.

we all know he was a brilliant player for us, unfortunately since then he has completely lost the right to full legend status. he is a cunt who sold his story to the scum and if you are prepared to let that little indiscretion go then you Garrincha are a fucking Cunt as well