You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Suarez be here next season?

Pureblood

Will Suarez still be a Red next season?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will Suarez still be a Red next season?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'll leave. To be honest I do think he owes us another year, he has been suspended 20 times, the way he reacts has caused so much grief and the fans have defended his every reaction. If he leaves ferguson the FA and opposition fans will have got exactly what they wanted and that burns more than the actual reality of losing him. Give us another year, tear the league a new arsehole and while your stock is high well make some money. If he leaves in the summer its just another kick in the balls to this club yet again.

I think 10 games is a drop in the ocean considering he signed up for four more years, which is around 240 games.

A very pertinent observation. Lets not jump to negative conclusions - if we can add a couple of players of quality in the summer, we might look back on this as a useful rest period for a very busy player. He doesn't get injured so this will serve to swerve burnout.

I can see this 10 game ban proving to be the last straw. I won't blame him in the slightest if he decides to leave.

Basically that.

Hope all of us who voted 'no' are wrong though.

If he does go i hope he fucks over English teams whenever he faces them in the CL and i would love to see him put England out of a World Cup but i doubt even England will be there this time for that to be a chance due to the FA being incapable of getting anything right.

Cunts, if he leaves its going to leave a fucking horrible taste in the mouth for years to come.

I voted yes but I after today I don't really think so. A number of good offers will be coming through tomorrow, they will accept after a bit of barter and I'm sure begrudgingly he will have to accept because the media here will never give him a moments peace. Absolutely shameful shit the way he has been treated. He has problems but who doesn't? Tbh, if he leaves and you *know* he wanted to stay, not sure I want to bother with this fucking game any more.

That's pretty much spot on I reckon.

I'd love it if he gave us another season, but I can just imagine the kind of attention he'd be getting from the refs in every game, I wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave.

I also think there will be pressure coming from Boston to sell, they can talk all they want about wanting a successful team on the pitch but to be honest they don't understand the first thing about football. They'll want to keep the "brand" marketable and the squad competitive, so why not cash in, get rid of our "problem" and buy new players? What could possibly go wrong?

Too hard a call to make.

I'm more concerned that its pre-fucked next season for us; the players will be pissed off and Rodgers will have to adapt tactics - knowing what we were like during the eight game ban last season, I would argue that without Suarez we might really struggle to get goals and points until his return. Five or six matches without our top goalscorer is a long time in the league. It could set us up to fail miserably, knowing how our lads flake at the first sign of trouble.

I think it depends on how far the club are prepared to back him over the crazy punishment handed out today.

Suarez has already indicated that he thought 3 matches was sufficient so how will he be feeling over 10. Sure it's his own stupid fault he bit someone but the punishment does not fit the crime here.

If the owners and the sponsors decide enough is enough and not to fight I do not see him staying.

Nice easy way of forcing the sale as well.

Well he got 7 games for doing the same thing in Holland so what made him think he was only going to get 3 from a Football Association that he already has previous with?

Call me a cynic here but didn't the last time he bit somebody actually turn out to be his last game for Ajax?

If he decides to go in the Summer this is no reflection on us or our support for the lad and would be more to do with the fact that he wants CL football.

Just too much anti Suarez shit to contend with. The comments by some of our former players (yes I'm talking about you Souness you thuggish cunt) aren't terribly supportive.If he stays he is going to be a big red target for referees, opponents, the press and the Fuck All.

When he had stud marks on him from that Huth twat there wasn't 10% of the outcry and no action but because he committed the unEnglish sin of biting someone so severely that there were no marks for the ref to see 10 seconds after the incident he gets 10 games.

I doubt if the trick cyclist will be able to accomplish much and it's going to mean near 5 months without a competitive game for us - near quarter of a million in wages.

Unfortunately, I can see somebody making a big offer and us, reluctantly, agreeing. Just hope we don't spoof the money like we did with Carroll.

i think this will be the final straw and FSG will use it to work a players and cash deal so they dont have to put their hands in their pockets again?

Real Madrid - Alonso + Kaka/Benzema or Higuain??

Barca - Tello + Sanchez and maybe some cash??

Dortmund - Lewandowski (Out of contract soon) + Cash??

i think this will be the final straw and FSG will use it to work a players and cash deal so they dont have to put their hands in their pockets again?

Why the fuck would any of those players move here?

Why the fuck would any of those players move here?

Alonso & Kaka are both no longer regulars for Madrid so might leave for regular football.

Tello for the same reason, i picked those players at random as we have been linked with most of them at some point

I cant see Lewandowski wanting to come to us unless he likes being the big fish in a small pond and only mentioned him as he is out of contract soon and Dortmund have the cash from the Gotze deal.

Like i said this would be a great opportunity for FSG to try and bring in some big name replacements without actually spending any money.

"There is no doubt he has been left with the feeling of a *witch-hunt, which many of the club’s fans have vocally portrayed in recent days.

It may well be, though, that there is little or no chance of a successful appeal, with the FA able to point to the fact that Suarez had already ACCEPTED a seven-match ban for a similar offence.

The striker made no appeal when he was found guilty of biting PSV’s Otman Bakkal while playing for Ajax in 2010, meaning such a *sanction is not unreasonable."

--------------------------------------------

You cannot use past measures for similar offences to measure this offence. The FA have already demonstrated that they do not use 'benchmarks' and 'weightings' based on actual evidence or fact. So to start now would be further pouring fuel on the situation, as it would nail their prejudices to the mast. You cannot go around comparing this bit with that bit when it suits you, but then refuse to use the same scale when justifying why others have not received large bans for violence on the field, such as Mcmanaman and Aguero.

If this was Gazza getting up to all this mischief, the FA would be bending over backwards to help him. Look at Merson, playing while on coke, a few tears and he's portrayed as a victim and given all the help he needs. Ferdinand should have been banned for life for missing his drugs test. Fowler should have been banned for fucking ages for his Le Saux gay jibe, Defoe should have had the book thrown at him for biting, Rooney for his rant to the cameras after the England game and his elbows, the list goes on and on where English and British players are given an arm around the shoulder by the FA while old Johnny Foreigner gets a boot up the jacksy by the Lords of Soho Square. I haven't heard the words 'Terry' and 'racism' put together for a long time now, whereas it seems to get an airing almost every game by a spiteful English commentator.

Ashley Cole SHOT a child, and didn't get a ban.

I can't see any of those players wanting to play for the team that can't offer Champions League football.

Alonso & Kaka are both no longer regulars for Madrid so might leave for regular football.

Tello for the same reason, i picked those players at random as we have been linked with most of them at some point

I cant see Lewandowski wanting to come to us unless he likes being the big fish in a small pond and only mentioned him as he is out of contract soon and Dortmund have the cash from the Gotze deal.

Like i said this would be a great opportunity for FSG to try and bring in some big name replacements without actually spending any money.

I agree with your last comment but I can't see any of the players you've mentioned moving here. Tello is thought of very highly at Barcelona. Kaka and Alonso, both being over 30 and on £150k p/w, wouldn't fit the profile we seem to be going for.

I think we'll get £40m/£50m from Real Madrid/PSG/Juventus and then spend half of it on a couple of players who might become good enough. Coutinho was a slight gamble that looks like paying off very well. He's the sort of profile that we'll spend the money on.

Suarez leaving is going to have a huge impact on who we can attract to the club.

I agree with your last comment but I can't see any of the players you've mentioned moving here. Tello is thought of very highly at Barcelona. Kaka and Alonso, both being over 30 and on £150k p/w, wouldn't fit the profile we seem to be going for.

I think we'll get £40m/£50m from Real Madrid/PSG/Juventus and then spend half of it on a couple of players who might become good enough. Coutinho was a slight gamble that looks like paying off very well. He's the sort of profile that we'll spend the money on.

Suarez leaving is going to have a huge impact on who we can attract to the club.

I agree with you totally and with us not even having Europa league to offer top name players we will have to settle for people that havent reached their potential and hope that Rodgers can work wonders.

Guest San Don
"There is no doubt he has been left with the feeling of a *witch-hunt, which many of the club’s fans have vocally portrayed in recent days.

It may well be, though, that there is little or no chance of a successful appeal, with the FA able to point to the fact that Suarez had already ACCEPTED a seven-match ban for a similar offence.

The striker made no appeal when he was found guilty of biting PSV’s Otman Bakkal while playing for Ajax in 2010, meaning such a *sanction is not unreasonable."

--------------------------------------------

You cannot use past measures for similar offences to measure this offence. The FA have already demonstrated that they do not use 'benchmarks' and 'weightings' based on actual evidence or fact. So to start now would be further pouring fuel on the situation, as it would nail their prejudices to the mast. You cannot go around comparing this bit with that bit when it suits you, but then refuse to use the same scale when justifying why others have not received large bans for violence on the field, such as Mcmanaman and Aguero.

If this was Gazza getting up to all this mischief, the FA would be bending over backwards to help him. Look at Merson, playing while on coke, a few tears and he's portrayed as a victim and given all the help he needs. Ferdinand should have been banned for life for missing his drugs test. Fowler should have been banned for fucking ages for his Le Saux gay jibe, Defoe should have had the book thrown at him for biting, Rooney for his rant to the cameras after the England game and his elbows, the list goes on and on where English and British players are given an arm around the shoulder by the FA while old Johnny Foreigner gets a boot up the jacksy by the Lords of Soho Square. I haven't heard the words 'Terry' and 'racism' put together for a long time now, whereas it seems to get an airing almost every game by a spiteful English commentator.

Ashley Cole SHOT a child, and didn't get a ban.

I agree, the logic behind this 'he accepted a 7 game ban' in Holland is flawed. He accepted a ban of 7 games which is outside the juridiction of the fa.

People need to look up the word 'jurisdiction' in the dictionary. It doesnt mean 'without boundaries.' The fa and their 'independent panel' have no right to refer to the previous ban nor take it into consideration.

Unless of course they have applied that in the past to every case and intend to do so in the future.

Apart from that, he didnt accept a 10 game ban either. He's already accepted a ban of 3 games and probably could have accepted 7 games from the fa (although that is by no means certain).

For anyone to make out he accepted a 7 game ban plus the 3 the fa would normally apply is ludicrous. Actually no, its not ludicrous, its blatant discrimination.

Goes or stays? Don't know but fear he'll go. Two things are certain if he goes though.

1. It will not be to another English club

2. If he ever returns for another club at a European game at Anfield he'll be given one hell of a reception by the crowd.

Put the crack pipe away.