You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

After I deleted it and clicked it again this came up:

30/04/2013 17:03:06.404 XBMC[922]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

30/04/2013 17:03:06.404 XBMC[922]: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

30/04/2013 17:03:06.516 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[139]: ([0x0-0xd10d1].com.teamxbmc.xbmc[922]) Exited with code: 255

When I click the icon it just bounces up and down once and nothing happens. I found what looked like a solution here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1375254 but it didn't work after I set the audio to stereo.

XBMC 12.1 - Now Even Better | XBMC

March 23rd, 2013 at 05:27 | #16

Reply | Quote

fichtenelch :

@Dave

Also getting constant crashes at startup under Mac OS X 10.6.8 32 bit (Mac Mini), reverting to 12.0 resolves this issue.

fichtenelch :

@Dave

Also getting constant crashes at startup under Mac OS X 10.6.8 32 bit (Mac Mini), reverting to 12.0 resolves this issue.

I’m on Mac Mini OS X 10.8.3 and same crash issue. 12.1 crashes before opening. Console shows:

23/03/13 10:10:19.639 PM XBMC[310]: CPSGetCurrentProcess(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

23/03/13 10:10:19.639 PM XBMC[310]: CPSSetForegroundOperationState(): This call is deprecated and should not be called anymore.

23/03/13 10:10:20.345 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[153]: ([0x0-0x30030].com.teamxbmc.xbmc[310]) Exited with code: 255

So looks like there is a problem with 12.1 and reverting to 12.0 fixes the problem. I'd try that one instead.

XBMC 12.1 - Now Even Better | XBMC

So looks like there is a problem with 12.1 and reverting to 12.0 fixes the problem. I'd try that one instead.

Thanks for that, I got it working about an hour and a half ago by installing a nightly build Index of /nightlies/osx that someone recommended on a forum. To be honest I don't even know what that is, but it worked anyway!

I just don't think the new version is compatible with my Mac. Fuck knows why. Cheers for trying anyway.

If you can't get on with XBMC, you might want to give Plex a go.

Get Plex!

It has very similar functions to XBMC (devs branched off from main XBMC project) - but has a server and client approach. So you can get clients on anything - iPhone, Android whatever, and also can access the server remotely, so access your media at work, or mobile.

• 3 weeks later...
Out of interest' date=' how are you getting on with this?

Now I've cancelled Sky, I'm thinking of getting one[/quote']

After a few teething problems it's pretty much perfect now.

Really easy to set up, I've got the TiVo box, PS3 and Mac plugged into the AV received with a HDMI lead and one HDMI lead from the receiver to the TV and that's all the wires sorted.

Had a bit of a problem installing XBMC on the Mad but once I sorted it then I've had no problems. Watched the full series of The Americans, some episodes of Elementary and most of Bates Motel all in HD without any issue and a few films like The Place Beyond The Pines.

The quality of the footy isn't great on it, but it's free so you can't complain really. All in all I'm happy with it.