You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

Guest ShoePiss
standard chartered are probably on the phone right now talking to ayre

Still cannibals in south east Asia/Oceania, probably ok with them.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can be a loon but he's our loon.......ride out the shitstorm and move on....all the hypocrites will come out the woodwork but fuck em.

Sourness you are a disgrace and has never changed great player but cunt of the highest order. And for him to comment on Hillsborough sums him up

He can be a loon but he's our loon.......ride out the shitstorm and move on....all the hypocrites will come out the woodwork but fuck em.

Sourness you are a disgrace and has never changed great player but cunt of the highest order. And for him to comment on Hillsborough sums him up

Bite Kev?. Nah,headbutt yes.

I think it was a bite, Defoe just isn't as good at it as Suarez is. Incidentally, I did notice today that Suarez's biting technique has come on leaps and bounds since his Ajax days; Ivanavic was resisting, and he is a strong guy, but even while he was moving Luis got really good leverage.

Someone has been practising.

I'll never sell him. Never. He hasn't killed a man and without him we'll be fighting with west ham for 11th spot.

And for those people saying how you won't want a striker who scores goals but gets banned for 7 matches every season, you must be nuts especially when we can't get players like falcao now. I'll rather a striker that scores sufficient goals to drag us to a decent spot rather than a striker that doesn't do shit but doesn't get banned too. If borini was our main striker for the season we would probably be fucked up our asses upside down.

Guest ShoePiss

The way Utd handled Cantona is something we could learn from, gives me a little hope that it might not be the end of the road for Suarez here.

Louis is a loon but the reaction is over the top. Biting doesn't have it's own classification like racism. . It will fall under generic ' violent play'

Did he actually bite him or did he do simulation ? Maybe Ivanawhatsnae wa goading him about being a 'caniinbal' re -Ajax incident.

Ivan complained to the referred at the time who spoke to Suarez about the incident. The referee and assistant must have been following the ball and can not have missed the incident. Is so the FA can't take any other action

Liverpool ask CHelsea if they are going to make a complaint and make a personal apology to Ivan. That should the end of it. The media shitstorm will abate in a few weeks.

Sky showed Suarez dressed on his way out with a Chelsea shirt in a plastic bag. Assume this is Ivan's.

You can't do this with Luis. I read somewhere:

Suarez acts before he thinks. Thats what makes him so brilliant and so volatile.

Its true. He pisses defenders off and (when he doesnt do something stupid like this) he does it well. At 28 (I think), he's pretty much a finished package.

Luis Suarez. Will score you goals then get himself banned for 5 games.

He's 26, i remember Craig Bellamy lauding praise on Peters saying that he made him a much better player in his mid 30's by finally addressing the problems he had with his aggression on the pitch. He managed to convey to Bellamy that the primitive anger that he feels during these games doesn't help him, it actually takes away from his ability. Bellamy was fantastic during that season with us and credits Peters as the reason for his mental transformation.

We literally have one of the best guys in the field for this specific problem working at our club. Peters is tailor made for someone like Suarez.

The media are hypocrites but where is the hypocrisy here?

Souness for a start moralising about doing that during this week in particular referring to the anniversary of Hillsbourgh. Yes Souness much worse then selling your shithouse story to the scum on Hillsborough's anniversary.

I don't remember seeing many people in the match thread saying they want him to be sold. I've questioned how we can keep him after this and feel (like others) that it's inevitable.

He's put the club in a very difficult position, the best we can hope for is that it blows over but from experience the chances of that aren't high are they?

Cantona assaulting a fan put his club in a difficult position.

Rio Ferdinand swerving a drugs test put his club in a difficult position.

This? It's not a massive deal, is it. It was a stupid, petulant foul - and not even a dangerous one.

What happens next will be determined by the club's relationship with the media. I'd like to think our club had a set of love-spuds, but I'm not convinced.

Scumbag.

Think he is a fantastic player and I don't want him to leave but it's getting harder and harder to stick up for him now. It's one thing after another with him and I would be very surprised if he gets away with this.

What was the point in it? It wasn't like Ivanovic elbowed him, he just guarded him away and then he goes and bites him. Pathetic.

Is it true that Rodgers asked him to leave the dressing room?