You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is the ref saw it didn't he? So in effect why should it be any different to Mc Manamans career ending tackle the other week?

I know it's disgusting what he did but just coz say the Mail demands him to be banned, hung, flogged...etc should make no difference....rules are rules.

kevin friend was talking to ivanovic at the end. it clearly looked he said he didnt see it

I don't want to sell him and anyone who does is a fucking loon but he's dragging his own and our club's name through the dirt with shit like that and I'm fucking sick of it.

I'm afraid selling is the only way out of this. I doubt he will stop doing crazy things.

Would hate to see him go but now feel its inevitable.

More important than Luis Suarez is the good name of our club.

We have had other 20+ goal strikers without "the madness gene" and will again.

Bit sick of it now to be honest. I've defended him to the hilt in the past but he has let us down - end of.

As stupid as the bite was, I've just been listening to Redknapp and Souness debating the incident in the Sky studio, and am appalled that the clear insinuation is that Liverpool need to get rid. Make no mistake, that will be the media narrative from this point on. I don't recall much in the way of mass hysteria and talk of the need to get rid every time Cantona acted the cunt, and he was somebody with way more baggage than Suarez before he arrived in England.

Like I said at the start, it was a very stupid thing to do and I've no doubt he'll probably pick up a ban for it, but all the bollocks spouted by Souness about dragging the club's name down is exactly the kind of shit that needs to be nipped in the bud quickly. Nobody with any semblance of sense or the ability to think clearly amid the mass hysteria should think that Suarez's actions on Ivanovic somehow represent what the club is about because by immediately bringing the club's reputation into the discussion, that is what you're implying.

Boohoo, this obsession with wanting to be liked is what's turning us into a mid-table club. It was the reason we appointed spineless Hodgson and it was the reason we sacked Kenny.

Fvck media-friendliness you have to do nasty things to win in this sport.

Some right soft touches on here this evening, scared of the impending media shitfest. Obviously can't excuse what he did today and he will deserve his 3 game ban (maybe more knowing the fa), but that's no worse than intentionally elbowing someone in the face off the ball, a headbutt, a full set of studs in the chest, or a thigh high two footed challenge, flying karate kick, etc...Sell him? No fucking way! Our Luis is a little flawed genius, like a number of better players over the years. He's obviously got this switch in his head which he hasn't learnt to control which makes him do something incredibly stupid, yet for most of the time his football is absolutely sublime and a pleasure to watch.

Sell him!? That's what every other manager in the country would want us to do because he's such a very difficult player to play against. We should not be be biting our nose off to spite our faces, as without him we would certainly consolidate our position in mid table or maybe lower. He's almost single-handedly kept us top half this season. I wonder what would have happened to that mob down the road if slur had sold cantona after his various infamous incidents? I might be wrong, but I don't remember many (if any) calls for him to be kicked out of English football?

if anyone things this is reason to sell him there a bit thick but I don't know what the fuck he was thinking particularly given its happened before

And just before anyone claims there was never a media agenda for the whole Evra case look what Jason Roberts is already spouting

Jason Roberts‏@JasonRoberts306m

The excuses will be entertaining....cultural differences

Jason Roberts‏@JasonRoberts308m

I wonder if LFC are printing t-shirts in support of Suarez....?

Not going to defend Luis as he has been a fucking tool to do this but incidently I don't remember the same reaction when Defoe bit Mascherano......

I reckon we've seen the last appearance of Luis Suarez in a Liverpool shirt.

The media will fucking hammer him again...the FA will almost certainly give Suarez another lengthy ban. Because of this it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Luis thinks to himself "fuck it, I don't need any more of this shite" and decides to leave us.

He's a fucking loon

He's been poor for a couple of games and was poor in the first half today, he then gets frustrated with himself and behaves like a complete nutter. It's not like it's a surprise to anyone just accept him for what he is.

Boohoo, this obsession with wanting to be liked is what's turning us into a mid-table club. It was the reason we appointed spineless Hodgson and it was the reason we sacked Kenny.

Fvck media-friendliness you have to do nasty things to win in this sport.

This is on point.

Couldnt give a shit if the media likes us or not.

Sell our best player. Not a chance.

Cantona's Kung Fu Kick, Roy Keane's Hangeland where in the fuck does Redknapp and Souness get off making it sound like this is the worst thing that they have ever seen when a few years earlier Defoe did the exact same thing.

I don't agree with what Suarez did at all but selling him is because of what the fucking media says is ridiculous.

The english media will never like Liverpool so why in the fuck should we be pandering to them by selling our best player?

I will support Suarez through this and if the administration decides to sell him because of this then fuck them along with the hypocritical cunts in the media