You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad day for Liverpool FC and its millions of fans around the world. From the tape above it's all unprovoked. All you see is him jumping to grab an arm and sink his teeth in; horrific and bestial. Suarez has shamed us all. People talk of a ban; would be surprised if he ever puts on the red shirt again. Rodger's reaction said as much in language as diplomatic as he could muster and I don't think the owners would be sorry to see his back as well. The guy is a brilliant footballer but with a character flow that is irredeemable. I think time for him to go. We will take a big hit selling him but keeping him would be more damaging in my view.

I disagree. We've had worse days as fans of this club. Far worse. This incident wasn't as morose and as catastrophic as some people are making it out to be. Why are people horrified by this? How has he 'shamed us all'? Not saying this will happen, but what would you do if he's back on the pitch next week? I would be surprised if you'll be able to watch or support the club again, but I'm guessing. I would be sorry to see him go - very sorry. So would his teammates. Any manager who wants to sell Suarez must either a) have another equally as talented player who wants to come to our club waiting in the wings, or b) is on his way out to manage another club and doesn't care who we sell.

'Time for him to go'. Really? You really want to see us get rid of our best player? You want to see us weaken the team?

Sad day for Liverpool FC and its millions of fans around the world. From the tape above it's all unprovoked. All you see is him jumping to grab an arm and sink his teeth in; horrific and bestial. Suarez has shamed us all. People talk of a ban; would be surprised if he ever puts on the red shirt again. Rodger's reaction said as much in language as diplomatic as he could muster and I don't think the owners would be sorry to see his back as well. The guy is a brilliant footballer but with a character flow that is irredeemable. I think time for him to go. We will take a big hit selling him but keeping him would be more damaging in my view.

More on.

I've heard comparisons made between this biting incident and Defoe biting Masch. I don't remember that at all, but Defoe got a yellow card. Is that the case? Are they similar incidents?

Exactly the same, but the referee saw it so the FA could not inflict further punishment.

Have to agree.

You forgot to fit the phrase 'with diabolical intent' in there.

That head motion looks like Suarez is actually gnawing at the arm. Then Ivanovic smacks him in the head to get him off. I know I should not find this funny, but I've laughed every time I've seen it. Whereas, with the Aguero two-footed lunge/surf on David Luiz's buttocks, I didn't find funny.

It's fucking hilarious. I can't stop laughing every time I see it. arrrrghhh arrrrghh... our little Wolfman.

Equally hilarious are all the drama queens. "It's a sad day for the football club", "It's a sad day for Humanity","I'm ashamed as a football fan".

No it isn't. It's fucking hilarious and I can't stop laughing.

Our club are completely and utterly spineless. Issue an apology yeah but the massive media drive to let everyone know how unacceptable it is, is embarrassing. I don't care what Ian Ayre thinks, I don't want to hear Rodgers say 'he's replacable', I don't want us to continue to over-apologise after Ivanovic has accepted his apology and made nothing of it.

Huth never apologised for stamping on Suarez's back. Fanny lips never apologised for his kick on Torres a few weeks ago. Fuck off.

I have 50 quid on him to be top scorer @ 14/1, he is two clear now with a ban imminent, I wonder will the club appeal any ban so he can sneak an extra match or two this season, the ban will no doubt be increased but sure by then he will probably be a Bayern Munich player.

We won't appeal, can't really defend this.

An I feel your pain btw, had $5 on a top scorer/league winner combination @67/1.

I dont want him sold

But will people stop thinking that if he goes we will collapse as a club FFS

loads of fans said the same about Torres

Its complete bullshit if you think we would end up a mid table team just because one player goes, havent you learnt nothing?!

We had the best striker in the world, at one stage, in Torres but we replaced him with Suarez who is brilliant

We will find other players too, stop this "lording" of individuals.

What he did today was stupid, and i have no clue if he will be here next season or not. But we will not cease to exist if he goes and we will not get relegated either.

Just seen Jason Roberts' tweets on this thread.

What a fucking goat. May his arse be infested by the fleas of a thousand camels and may his hands be too short to scratch.

Don't give him the pleasure of attention. Because that's what he's after. He wants to be racially abused by some idiot so he can cry to the media about it.

I dont want him sold

Its complete bullshit if you think we would end up a mid table team just because one player goes, havent you learnt nothing?!

Learn what? Did you bother to have a look at the table? We have become a midtable mediocrity since Alonso and Torres left.

I dont want him sold

in Torres but we replaced him with Suarez who is brilliant

No we didn't. Suarez was signed as Torres' partner not as his replacement.

I think I've found out why he bit him. If you look at their feet at the beginning of the incident you can see that Ivanovic stomped his left foot which is quite painful and you can see Luis in pain when the ref speaks to him afterwards. No excuse, but Ivanovic is no angel.

Edited by Newport

I dont want him sold

We had the best striker in the world, at one stage, in Torres but we replaced him with Suarez who is brilliant

We will find other players too, stop this "lording" of individuals.

What he did today was stupid, and i have no clue if he will be here next season or not. But we will not cease to exist if he goes and we will not get relegated either.

Here's what I've learned... We don't usually replace our best players with other players of equivalent or better talent. We don't seem to find players who can change a game all on their own. So I don't think folks are 'lording' Suarez. I think some of us value a talented player and want the club to do their best to keep him. Here's why: we seem not to be very good at spending our transfer funds wisely. Selling our best players is not a very good idea, either. I don't know who is talking about relegation, or mid-table mediocrity, but we haven't been top four contenders for some time.

It reminds me of Remembrance Day. With every passing unjust war its worthiness is diminished.

We backed the man; he was harshly dealt to by a ravenous media and an arrogant administration. Subsequently, there's been dives and brushes with the authorities etc, but by and large we've stood strong.

And now with every passing incident our unwavering support looks more and more misplaced.

It's embarrassing more than anything.

your a complete fucking tool! Good God comparisons to fucking war now. Get some perspective, if this had been anybody else (as evidenced by the Defoe bite) then the SkyCocks would be laughing about it by now.

It was stupid and he will get punished,now can we drop the hysterical fucking shite and move on.

:wallbutt:

The game a fucking joke these days. Professional fouls are inflicted snidingly every flipping week, all done subtly, so the ref doesn't see it. In fact, I'd go so far to say it's coached into the game. - certainly not frowned upon in the least.

How refreshing to see a straight out, up front attack of such entertaining passion. Lil Luis acting like some impish vampire who just got the keys to the castle.

Brilliant, and HONEST. That's what I saw.

The F.A. and the media need to seriously get over themselves.

how about a compromise? we keep the snappy footballing god and get fucking shut of you and your ilk.

We need to get the PR Machine kick started.

For a start this thread needs to be edited to be called "The Suarez Nip".

Whenever it's mentioned by anyone associated with the club, it should be referred to only as "nip" or "nibble".

We need to get the mancs' "Rafa's Rant" PR man onto it asap. If he can get a studied critique upgraded to a rant, surely he can get a bite, sorry, nip downgraded to a lick.

"Luis' Lick" makes it sound almost affectionate. He was being affectionate.

Make it happen, Mr Henry.