You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

Come on, even a broken clock is right twice a day. The shit which has gone before has been hysterical bollocks or outright lies, this was a fucking stupid thing to do on every level. People are getting preoccupied with defending the lad because it's the natural thing to do when one of our players is under attack, which is fair enough, but there's no denying what he did was well out of order. It wasn't even a sly dig or spur of the moment act of madness, he actively grabs the guy and tries to fucking bite him - it's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on the football field. When the dust settles, consider too that he has deprived us of his very well paid services for the remainder of the season at least.

I agree, I want us to keep him, and he has apologized. Its not acceptable (though the video does make me laugh, not sure why, its just the way he goes at him it seems surreal).

I'm angry with him because he has put us in a shit position in a number of ways, it won't be easy dealing with the fallout, and may just be one of Rodgers' biggest challenges this year.

Not defending his behaviour but I will defend him being on the team.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure he's gone from England after today but feck me I wish we had a team of Luis Suarezes. Never gave up, never fecking hid and got us a point when most of the players were thinking of their post game plans.

Personally, I don't give a feck if he kicked and bit half the Chelsea team. He played to win and got us a point in a game that actually mattered. I may not approve of his method, but his attitude is boss.

Come on, even a broken clock is right twice a day. The shit which has gone before has been hysterical bollocks or outright lies, this was a fucking stupid thing to do on every level. People are getting preoccupied with defending the lad because it's the natural thing to do when one of our players is under attack, which is fair enough, but there's no denying what he did was well out of order. It wasn't even a sly dig or spur of the moment act of madness, he actively grabs the guy and tries to fucking bite him - it's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on the football field. When the dust settles, consider too that he has deprived us of his very well paid services for the remainder of the season at least.

I agree it was a very stupid thing to do and said so earlier in the thread, but the reaction is getting a bit ott. Not surprising when it involves Suarez, the media always exaggerate the negative things he does.

I don't know how him biting someone equates with Suarez being sold in the summer. I understand that he did it at Ajax and then he we bought him. So is that why people are saying he's off? He's the best player in the league and I doubt we'll find anyone better to replace him.

Personally, we should be fighting tooth and nail to keep him.

I don't know how him biting someone equates with Suarez being sold in the summer. I understand that he did it at Ajax and then he we bought him. So is that why people are saying he's off? He's the best player in the league and I doubt we'll find anyone better to replace him.

Personally, we should be fighting tooth and nail to keep him.

I don't think anyone's saying we should sell him, but that this'll probably intensify the shitstorm that makes him think there's easier - and more successful - career paths to take.

suarez_bite-44553.gif

I'm getting a 'Beware of the Suarez' sticker on my front door.

That head motion looks like Suarez is actually gnawing at the arm. Then Ivanovic smacks him in the head to get him off. I know I should not find this funny, but I've laughed every time I've seen it. Whereas, with the Aguero two-footed lunge/surf on David Luiz's buttocks, I didn't find funny.

Just got back from the game, load of knobber "Liverpool fans" ringing in saying they don't ever want him in a Liverpool shirt again.... Fuck right off with that shite.... No doubt the media frenzy will intestify over the next few weeks as especially the Mancs will wrap up he title and there will be fuck all else for the mongs at the daily mail to write about... He's said sorry, we've dealt with it as far as I'm concerned, no doubt his ban will mean he misses the first few games of next season...

I'm more gutted he's going to mis the derby game than anything else.

I don't think anyone's saying we should sell him, but that this'll probably intensify the shitstorm that makes him think there's easier - and more successful - career paths to take.

But he realises that this time, he lost his head. He knows that the fans love him and the club has been behind him. If he thinks playing anywhere else is going to be easier, it would be a bit naive. However, I think the statement, and his public apology immediately afterwards (I hope) will temper the media storm. He's had worse written about him in this country. I don't think he'll escape a ban though. Anyway, I hope that anything that happens after this doesn't result in us losing him or he decides to walk away.

He has always been an irritating cunt, but we love him because he is our irritating cunt.

I see no reason why he should be sold, we bought him as a "biter", it comes as no surprise.

Where he has let us down is that for £120k a week, I expect him to be playing, not sitting out another ban.

Embarassed to see people, media etc. overreact to this. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do. Was anyone harmed? No. Is this the worst thing anyone can do on the pitch? Far from it. How the fuck can anyone defend it if he gets a lengthy ban while others have escaped far worse offences recently?

If they follow the penalty Defoe got, which was a booking and would have meant he would be sent off, then he should get a one match ban. That's it. If they come up with some outrageous ban the club better stand up and fight for him like they should have done with the Evra incident.

Oh and any red wanting to get rid of him is a fucking cunt.

Sad day for Liverpool FC and its millions of fans around the world. From the tape above it's all unprovoked. All you see is him jumping to grab an arm and sink his teeth in; horrific and bestial. Suarez has shamed us all. People talk of a ban; would be surprised if he ever puts on the red shirt again. Rodger's reaction said as much in language as diplomatic as he could muster and I don't think the owners would be sorry to see his back as well. The guy is a brilliant footballer but with a character flow that is irredeemable. I think time for him to go. We will take a big hit selling him but keeping him would be more damaging in my view.

Sad day for Liverpool FC and its millions of fans around the world. From the tape above it's all unprovoked. All you see is him jumping to grab an arm and sink his teeth in; horrific and bestial. Suarez has shamed us all. People talk of a ban; would be surprised if he ever puts on the red shirt again. Rodger's reaction said as much in language as diplomatic as he could muster and I don't think the owners would be sorry to see his back as well. The guy is a brilliant footballer but with a character flow that is irredeemable. I think time for him to go. We will take a big hit selling him but keeping him would be more damaging in my view.

Oh you do? Who do you think we can replace him with? Any strikers out there that can bag 20+ goals a season and are happy to forego European football next season spring to mind?

Take your time.

If Suarez left we would struggle to finish in the top half of the table next season such is his importance to this current team and this current manager. For that reason alone there is no way in hell we are voluntarily going to show him the door.

The more I think about it I'm starting just to find it completely bizarre. I mean who the fuck goes around biting people? You just can't make this shit up really can you?

He'll probably get 8 games as the FA will want to throw the book at him again.