You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's indefensible behaviour, but fuck selling him, and fuck what other fans think of the club.

Liverpool and Suarez will be slaughtered this week. Every no mark out there will crawl out of the woodwork to have a pop. If we get rid we’re just accelerating our descent into mid to lower table obscurity. The media, Ayre, the rest of the country want this. Why are some of our fans so stupid they can’t see it.

We’ll have the most moralistic club in the league but be completely shit with it.

Just watched a recording of the game. Souness is a an absolute cunt. He sold pictures of him and his whore to that fucking paper on the anniversary of Hillsborough and he expresses a worry about the 'name' of our club because of Suarez's actions today.

Fucking pathetic by a cunt I used to support. Spit on the shitbag if you ever meet him. I know I will.

Having reviewed the video posted by Davelfc ive come to the conclusion that Ivanovich should by banned,and deported he clearly punches (or at least slaps) luis in the side of the head after luis just innocently wipes his runny nose on Ivanovich's sleeve.

I say Ban him for 16 matches then send him to play for Stoke for the rest of next season (Ivanovich I mean)

Edited by waddy78

Guest davelfc

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Tottenham Hotspur | FA will not punish Defoe 'bite'

Defoe felt his actions had been "blown out of all proportion".

"The referee was standing over me and if he felt I had done something bad he would have sent me off," said the 24-year-old.

"It doesn't look great on TV and I accept that I have a responsibility to conduct myself in the right way.

"When the West Ham player fouled me, I reacted in a bit of a mischievous way - my character is a little like that at times."

Spurs boss Martin Jol described Defoe's bite as a "comical nibble".

"He was nibbling his arm - there will be no mark. Ask Mascherano if he has got a mark," said Jol.

"It is part of the game. They kicked him three times from behind in 10 minutes and he wanted to show his frustration in a nice, comical way."

suarez_bite-44553.gif

I'm getting a 'Beware of the Suarez' sticker on my front door.

Its fucking hilarious looking though. As I was watching it I just couldnt believe it. When I seen the replays I was pissing myself laughing.

It was stupid...a fucking ridiculous thing to do....but its done and he has apoligised. The club have gave him an ear bashing. Nobody was hurt, id be suprised now if ivanovic's skin broke to be honest.

What he did was wrong and he should be punished. It warrants a 3 game ban and no more in my view. Hes a passionate lad who needs to chill out. I cant even remember defoe doing that so it obviously didnt get the attention that this one will get...if suarez gets a bigger ban than he got (if he even got one) then its opening up a can of worms for the FA.

A ten game ban it will be so.

awesome tags

didn't see the game, defo the best and worst of Suarez though by all accounts. I'd keep him and I'll stick by him. He's apologized and we need more like him not less. Championship teams are made up of players like this, a squad of Henderson's would see us at the bottom.

Besides we've already taken enormous abused for him, be a shame to cut and run because we're just starting to get payback via his brilliance this year. Also we'll be lowballed if we try to sell him now so for me its a non starter.

Guest ShoePiss
Its fucking hilarious looking though. As I was watching it I just couldnt believe it. When I seen the replays I was pissing myself laughing.

It was stupid...a fucking ridiculous thing to do....but its done and he has apoligised. The club have gave him an ear bashing. Nobody was hurt, id be suprised now if ivanovic's skin broke to be honest.

What he did was wrong and he should be punished. It warrants a 3 game ban and no more in my view. Hes a passionate lad who needs to chill out. I cant even remember defoe doing that so it obviously didnt get the attention that this one will get...if suarez gets a bigger ban than he got (if he even got one) then its opening up a can of worms for the FA.

I think the only difference is that the ref saw the Defoe bite and gave him a yellow.

It'll be an 8 game ban.

Personally I don't think what he did is much more unsporting than Rio Ferdinand's conduct towards Torres in the recent FA Cup tie. I suspect the FA won't fall back on the inconclusive video evidence line this time.

I'm just disappointed that he didn't bite Torres instead. We may have seen a few tears.

fuck me that's more than a bite it looks like he's trying to gnaw his arm off. Ivanovic looks shocked (guess I can't blame him). Still its funny somehow.

Guest davelfc
I was worried there for a while Dave.Given that there has been a precedent in such things going unpunished I am confident that the FA will maintain their leniency in such obvious jocular shenanigans and Luis will escape any punishment.

Yeah Suarez was just expressing himself in a comical way, like Martin Jol said about Defoe.

Shit, it's only a bite. He's not injured anyone, or spat in anyone's face. Defoe did the same thing and there was nothing really said about it. But Suarez does it and all of the media are on his back.

Come on, even a broken clock is right twice a day. The shit which has gone before has been hysterical bollocks or outright lies, this was a fucking stupid thing to do on every level. People are getting preoccupied with defending the lad because it's the natural thing to do when one of our players is under attack, which is fair enough, but there's no denying what he did was well out of order. It wasn't even a sly dig or spur of the moment act of madness, he actively grabs the guy and tries to fucking bite him - it's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen on the football field. When the dust settles, consider too that he has deprived us of his very well paid services for the remainder of the season at least.

It reminds me of Remembrance Day. With every passing unjust war its worthiness is diminished.

We backed the man; he was harshly dealt to by a ravenous media and an arrogant administration. Subsequently, there's been dives and brushes with the authorities etc, but by and large we've stood strong.

And now with every passing incident our unwavering support looks more and more misplaced.

It's embarrassing more than anything.

Or are we making a mountain out of a molar?

Sorry, I just feel gutted. And humour doesn't lift the gloom.