You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

My thoughts exactly. It's incredible to watch, this.

Fans up and down the country pretending to be actually bothered about this when no-one actually gives a fuck. Not one single person at any point has had any genuine concern for the health of Ivanovic. No one cares. It's all politics. All point scoring. No-one does faux outrage like English footy fans/media.

And what's more incredible is that we have many of our own fans whose prime concern seems to be the thoughts of all these insincere idiots. It's this weird game that seems to be way out of hand. Just bizarre stuff.

I was laughing my head off when it happened. He's completely mental when he gets on a footy pitch obviously. I'm just bothered about the ban.

What about children, the world over, who have had this shocking image beamed to them? Have you thought about how it's going to affect their fragile little minds seeing this? That's the type of thing that is keeping me and other noble defenders of righteousness up tonight.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some right soft touches on here this evening, scared of the impending media shitfest. Obviously can't excuse what he did today and he will deserve his 3 game ban (maybe more knowing the fa), but that's no worse than intentionally elbowing someone in the face off the ball, a headbutt, a full set of studs in the chest, or a thigh high two footed challenge, flying karate kick, etc...Sell him? No fucking way! Our Luis is a little flawed genius, like a number of better players over the years. He's obviously got this switch in his head which he hasn't learnt to control which makes him do something incredibly stupid, yet for most of the time his football is absolutely sublime and a pleasure to watch.

Sell him!? That's what every other manager in the country would want us to do because he's such a very difficult player to play against. We should not be be biting our nose off to spite our faces, as without him we would certainly consolidate our position in mid table or maybe lower. He's almost single-handedly kept us top half this season. I wonder what would have happened to that mob down the road if slur had sold cantona after his various infamous incidents? I might be wrong, but I don't remember many (if any) calls for him to be kicked out of English football?

not to mention roy keane admitting to going out to deliberately break another players leg,suarez is the fly in every others teams ointment, they will all be on his case, but what is worse, a nip on the arm, or an over the top studs up bone cruncher, he hasn,t injured anyone just pissed them off, a warning and hefty fine should suffice.

My thoughts exactly. It's incredible to watch' date=' this.

Fans up and down the country pretending to be actually bothered about this when no-one actually gives a fuck. Not one single person at any point has had any genuine concern for the health of Ivanovic. No one cares. It's all politics. All point scoring. No-one does faux outrage like English footy fans/media.

And what's more incredible is that we have many of our own fans whose prime concern seems to be the thoughts of all these insincere idiots. It's this weird game that seems to be way out of hand. Just bizarre stuff.

I was laughing my head off when it happened. He's completely mental when he gets on a footy pitch obviously. I'm just bothered about the ban.[/quote']

I laughed uncontrollably when the close up replay showed how wide he opened his mouth and grabbed on to ivanovic's hand before taking a chomp on it like it was a drumstick. Hilarious scene it was no doubt.

Don't get me wrong, fellow Reds, I love the guy and would like to stay as much as the next fan. I am not unaware of his vital contribution this season and how worse off we would've been without him. The entire footballing world knows that. But now the issue goes beyond football; it's about protecting the good name of this great club. Would Madrid, or Bayren or even the Scum....have tolerated this kind of behaviour from a player no matter how good? Doubt it. As for who can replace him, I suppose we said the same when Rush or Owen left us.

Don't get me wrong, fellow Reds, I love the guy and would like to stay as much as the next fan. I am not unaware of his vital contribution this season and how worse off we would've been without him. The entire footballing world knows that. But now the issue goes beyond football; it's about protecting the good name of this great club. Would Madrid, or Bayren or even the Scum....have tolerated this kind of behaviour from a player no matter how good? Doubt it. As for who can replace him, I suppose we said the same when Rush or Owen left us.

You mean the scum that 'tolerated' one of their players jumping feet first into the crowd and kicking a supporter in the chest, and then gave him a hero's welcome on his return? That scum?

Or the Real Madrid that allowed their manager to gouge the eye of a member of the opposition coaching staff? That Real Madrid??

Or the Bayern Munich that have a player on their books charged with the statutory rape of a minor during paid sex? That Bayern Munich??

Get a grip.

You mean the scum that 'tolerated' one of their players jumping feet first into the crowd and kicking a supporter in the chest' date=' and then gave him a hero's welcome on his return? That scum?

Or the Real Madrid that allowed their manager to gouge the eye of a member of the opposition coaching staff? That Real Madrid??

Or the Bayern Munich that have a player on their books charged with the statutory rape of a minor during paid sex? That Bayern Munich??

Get a grip.[/quote']

I'll say mourinho's eye poke was far more threatening and dangerous than the bite. Not forgetting that Suarez had more reason than mourinho to go berserk. Besides I'm sure players would rather get bitten than get involved in a leg breaking sliding tackle.

What about children, the world over, who have had this shocking image beamed to them? Have you thought about how it's going to affect their fragile little minds seeing this? That's the type of thing that is keeping me and other noble defenders of righteousness up tonight.

Never mind the children, what about my dog? He's barely closed his mouth since the sorry incident. I caught him gnawing a bone this morning, clearly mimicking what he'd seen on the TV yesterday evening. I don't think he'll ever be the same again.

When a player can get off scot-free for a career threatening tackle and black players can get away with racism then Suarez deserves at least a season long ban for biting someone's arm. Has he not seen Walking Dead? I'm surprised the St Johns guys didn't hack Ivanovic's arm off to stop him turning.

The Independent leading the charge with Ian Herbert despicably trying to link the incident to Hillsborough, and James 'Care Home' Lawton' s wildly over the top piece urging Liverpool to sell to restore our once-great reputation.

I'm not going to quote or link the articles as, quite frankly, I don't see why these cunts should get any more exposure than necessary.

The number of "Guests" on this thread outnumbers members by about 6/7 to 1.

So welcome to The Liverpool Way, fans from around the country! You've probably just popped in to wish us well, or maybe you're here to get a feel for the fans' reaction to Suarez's little nip.

Sorry to disappoint. We're still backing our man.

And James Lawton, if you're one of the guests, just know that if I were to do a photofit of a peadophile, yours would be exactly the kind of head I'd have in mind. You bloated old bigot.

And Jason Roberts, if you're one of the guests, rather than drag up a past incident that you can't get over, just count your blessings that you managed to get on the other side of the mic at all with the way you conducted yourself EVERY game you ever played - spitting, snarling and attacking referees EVERY game. If you want to protest, announce your retirement from the game.

Jason "One topic" Roberts, I must ask myself, just how DID you manage to get a job on the radio?

Sweepstake on the first journalist to write something smartarse along the lines of "Don't tell us, biting is de rigueur in the area surrounding the Rio de la Plata. Arm is a delicacy among those who hail from Montevideo."

I'm going fat Bluto in the Mail. Has his paw prints all over it, the tubby barrel of monkey spunk.

He's just watched the marathon, see top endurance athletes take on fuel during the race. He's just trying to do the same.

As for his previous biting incident surely it's outside the jurisdiction of the FA so cannot be used at all in sentencing. Violent conduct, 3 games.

Firstly, credit to the club for the measured, sensible speedy response, and the immediate Luis apology. After the Evra debacle it has shown that we have learned.

Talk of Suarez going is nonsense- he will have to take his punishment, and then it’s over. Because of his previous biting offence, I am expecting eight games.

I feel sorry for Rodgers, it was a good draw, a great come back, a substitution which worked with Sturridge, it extended our unbeaten run to three, but it was the madness of Luis which will linger.

Kenny suffered losing Luis for eight games last season, and it looks as though our start to next season will be similarly affected. That is bad news. I cannot think of another incident ever, anywhere, of a player biting another on two different occasions.

A rapist is responsible for United winning the title tonight.

If someone asked 100 people before the game yesterday what is the 5 worst things a player can do on the pitch I doubt any would have biting someone in there.

Why is it now all of a sudden seen as a crime against humanity.