You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

Guest ShoePiss
The way Utd handled Cantona is something we could learn from, gives me a little hope that it might not be the end of the road for Suarez here.

Cantona assaulting a fan put his club in a difficult position.

Rio Ferdinand swerving a drugs test put his club in a difficult position.

This? It's not a massive deal, is it. It was a stupid, petulant foul - and not even a dangerous one.

What happens next will be determined by the club's relationship with the media. I'd like to think our club had a set of love-spuds, but I'm not convinced.

I suppose you didn't see the above...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

407081_531036420267768_681198580_n.png

otherwise it would have been a nothing story, but since it's Liverpool & Suarez we can expect media shit storm

I love this little fucking lunatic, if 50% of our squad had balls like this and desire to win at all costs, the long ban period wouldn't have been such a problem really, today only him and Carra (+Sturridge) showed some guts

Silly angle to support your claim.Watch the video.Even from long distance it looks like a headbutt.Not arsed either way to be honest though mate.

A silly angle? You really mean a clearer angle, yeah? Please?

ho ho holy moly

It's a bite. Not nice, but is that any worse than Aguero fancying a chunk of Luiz last week? Is is really worse than a deliberate elbow (which really could be dangerous)?

It's made out to be bad because our society finds biting (like spitting) to be disgusting.

A normal ban 2-3 games should suffice. The rest is media hype.

The bigger issue is that he knows he's in the spotlight, and it does the club no favours when this sort of stuff happens. He's not the first have a reputation, but common sense should be telling him to pack it in. This is the more worrying aspect from a club perspective.

Summary? - Huge overreaction.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 6m

Rodgers on Suarez: "Players are always replaceable."

Complete distortion that, not even one line taken out of context ,that quote was part of a sentence in response to a question about...

also Rafa just stated he did not see the incident and that Ivanobitch is not receiving treatment and the dressing room was not in uproar, well played byRafa much to the media's disappointment, ah well maybe they should give Fergie a call

It's a bite. Not nice, but is that any worse than Aguero fancying a chunk of Luiz last week? Is is really worse than a deliberate elbow (which really could be dangerous)?

It's made out to be bad because our society finds biting (like spitting) to be disgusting.

A normal ban 2-3 games should suffice. The rest is media hype.

The bigger issue is that he knows he's in the spotlight, and it does the club no favours when this sort of stuff happens. He's not the first have a reputation, but common sense should be telling him to pack it in. This is the more worrying aspect from a club perspective.

Summary? - Huge overreaction.

Fantastic post. Agree on every point.

Embarrassing and indefensible.

The 'racism' storm was bollocks, the diving stuff was a load of shite too, but this is El Hadji Diouf territory pure and simple. We shouldn't let the media witch hunts of the past blind us to that fact.

I'll be honest I've never been that fussed on Suarez despite the fact he's clearly world class. Even though he's among the best players we've had in the last two decades he probably wouldn't even figure in my top 20. At first I thought it was because of what happened with Torres and that I couldn't get carried away with a 'star' player again, but in hindsight I think it's because from his first match when he was pulling faces and throwing his arms in the air at misplaced passes from teammates, he's always made me uneasy. There's a reason Sammy Hyypia is probably my favourite ever LFC player, there's more to this shit than simply being good.

EDIT - agree with what Fanchester says about spitting and biting 'seeming' worse. That's what I meant about Diouf. Both are horrible and disgusting.

He just needs a proper manager to handle him. Rodgers can't handle him. He is incapable of doing the basic things' date=' let alone man manage a troubled world class football genius like Suarez.[/quote']

So it's Rodgers fault Suarez bites players. Fucking hell.

Another thing I love about Suarez is the way he just goes about, he reminds how we used to play as kid, albeit his world class, his a breath of fresh air in the world of bland dictatorial modern professional football. His a street kid and he plays his football like his on the street in world class style, unique player and his now in my top 5 fave footballers.

So it's Rodgers fault Suarez bites players. Fucking hell.

Yes, because he is shite. Not good tactically, not good in nurturing talent, not good in man management.

People pointed out above cases like Ferdinand or Cantona and how United managed to get the best out of them, although they were pricks. They forget, though who managed those players.

Suarez is growing frustrated. He is playing for a club which has turned into a midtable mediocrity. His behaviour is simply a reflection of his frustration.

Having said all that, I'd pay good money to watch him bite Ayre.

Edited by Nightcat