You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mick Jagger Is A Massive Dickhead

brucespanner

When you're at a stage of life when your face looks like an aul fella's shrivelled up ballbag, imagine the state of what your ballbag looks like?

Or don't. It's entirely up to you.

I imagine it goes the other way, instead of shrivelling up, the wrinkles iron themselves out over time, so it's more like two eggs in a condom, swinging between your knees like a newtons cradle.

• 5 weeks later...

Saw them live for the first time tonight. Worth every single penny. Hairs on the back of my neck stood up when they open with ‘Street fighting man’

Mick is unrivalled. Don’t know whether the opportunity will come again but I sign up tomorrow to see that shit again.

My brother saw them a few weeks back in Dublin ,said the same thing. Thought they were great.

Love them, seen them twice, 1982 and 1990. blew anyone else off stage. Jagger at 74 is fitter than most blokes 20 years younger, but Keef will live forever, as he doesn't seem to be able to die, 10 years as a herion addict? Easy, falls out of a tree and lands on his head? nothing to it, he probably shagged Bruce Lee's wife and told him afterwards...

• Upvote 1

Love them, seen them twice, 1982 and 1990. blew anyone else off stage. Jagger at 74 is fitter than most blokes 20 years younger, but Keef will live forever, as he doesn't seem to be able to die, 10 years as a herion addict? Easy, falls out of a tree and lands on his head? nothing to it, he probably shagged Bruce Lee's wife and told him afterwards...

Keiths book is boss.
  • Upvote 2

I meant to post a review after seeing them last Saturday. A bit of a mixed experience for me. I was so looking forward to it but the venue, Murrayfield Stadium spoiled it for me. I'd previously seen them in a much smaller indoor venue and was blown away by them but this time we were seated and so far away from the stage the only way you knew it was them was because of the big screens at the back of the stage. And it doesn't get dark here in June until about midnight which influenced the atmosphere. Having said, that I was amazed at their energy and agility, Mick's in particular. And you got the idea they really were having a good time.

Fifteen years ago we didn't imagine we'd see them again but having said all of the above they did put on a great show. Fair play to them all

I don't suppose bands like The Stones or AC/DC have much choice when it comes to venues but stadium gigs are awful, you'd have to pay me to go to one & even then I'd probably piss off to the nearest boozer after three songs.

I’d love to see them but I’d hate to go through a similar thing when I saw The Who - ie wishing it was 40years earlier instead.

Different bands/set of circumstances but I can’t really justify the massive cost to potentially be disappointed (I have the habit of over analysing gigs also)

Did look at tickets for the Twickenham gig tomorrow night a few days ago and it was over £200 for restricted view seats.

Glad you’ve all enjoyed them though. Maybe next time around - if they are all still with us!!

I’d love to see them but I’d hate to go through a similar thing when I saw The Who - ie wishing it was 40years earlier instead.

Different bands/set of circumstances but I can’t really justify the massive cost to potentially be disappointed (I have the habit of over analysing gigs also)

Did look at tickets for the Twickenham gig tomorrow night a few days ago and it was over £200 for restricted view seats.

Glad you’ve all enjoyed them though. Maybe next time around - if they are all still with us!!

Had the exact same thing. Saw The Who in ‘99 with Zak Starkey on drums, the gig was excellent but you couldn’t help come away wishing you’d seen them live years earlier.

I was also pissed off that the queue for the champagne bar was longer than the regular bar, that’s just not right.

Had the exact same thing. Saw The Who in ‘99 with Zak Starkey on drums, the gig was excellent but you couldn’t help come away wishing you’d seen them live years earlier.

I was also pissed off that the queue for the champagne bar was longer than the regular bar, that’s just not right.

You’re talking about a different generation.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I saw them in 2002 or 2003 I think. A few months after Entwistle died.

They weren’t bad, but when Townsend is doing windmills on an acoustic guitar behind a Perspex screen (to protect his hearing loss) then you’re seeing them even more past their prime.

Was quite a bittersweet gig for me. Would hate to feel that way also seeing the Stones.