You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Referee conspiracy stats

Redder Lurtz

I genuinely think united have it easier in the league than any other side, teams are beaten willingly before they even play. The obvious example is McCarthy playing a weakened side knowing he has no chance so saving his players. I bet that's happened untold times over the years. As long as they have ferguson they will have that fear factor. Unfortunately they have took such huge advantage commercially during their success I think they will forever be battling for the title.

We're as us we are being slowly and willingly transformed into mediocrity. Fuck my life.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, let's not lose sight of the fact that he was right to be annoyed at the "challenge" Carroll made for the ball at the end of the first half. It was outrageous.

However, the referee obviously felt that he had to then book him for nothing at the first opportunity in the second half, which is another matter altogether and points to something more disturbing.

No, lets lose sight of the fact that vidic clearly helps shove caroll towards De Gea also

I genuinely think united have it easier in the league than any other side, teams are beaten willingly before they even play. The obvious example is McCarthy playing a weakened side knowing he has no chance so saving his players. I bet that's happened untold times over the years. As long as they have ferguson they will have that fear factor. Unfortunately they have took such huge advantage commercially during their success I think they will forever be battling for the title.

We're as us we are being slowly and willingly transformed into mediocrity. Fuck my life.

Is correct.

For starters I want my manager crowing that he wants to knock man shitty off their "fucking perch" as a minimum requirement. Forget all this nicey-nicey shit, time we collectively grew balls.

No, lets lose sight of the fact that vidic clearly helps shove caroll towards De Gea also

What? The? Fuck?

You think Vidic and Carroll devised a plan between them to turn Carroll into a human/equine bullet, to take out the goalkeeper? Hahaha.

Your fucking hilarious.

It wasn't the offside goal, it was the way Carroll got booked for fuck all at the start of the second half. To be fair, he should have been booked for the way he jumped into De Gea, I do understand why Ginbeak was raging to be fair, but that's not the point. The point is, lo and behold, he then gets a soft booking for fuck all.

Could have been a pen, he was shoved in the back

What? The? Fuck?

You think Vidic and Carroll devised a plan between them to turn Carroll into a human/equine bullet, to take out the goalkeeper? Hahaha.

Your fucking hilarious.

He'd have missed The keeper without the nudge and just murdered Evra. Damn that little nudge

No penalties all season. They'll get a few given against them once the title is wrapped up.

The thing is why should we really give a fuck? It's ingrained across the card now and will be until the wino gives it the trots, which looking at the colour of those purple thread veins won't be too long now.

What? The? Fuck?

Your fucking hilarious.

Stop typing

Just stop

Makes me laugh when people type words on here like you just have. You've never played football have you?

Slightest nudge at full speed, in the air, will not make a player lose control will it?

Fucking idiot

United had a man sent off when they played Real Madrid as I recall, Nani wasn't it?

But then, those foreign referees don't know the rules do they?

Had to laugh when ferguson railed on about it "ruining their season", still in the FA Cup at the time and running away with the league, no wonder he wants Gill in at UEFA.

Not that they'll use influence to get them a fourth CL trophy, oh no, don't do that sort of thing united.......

Has Major Tom been along yet to tell us we're all wrong?

Ha!

I have no idea if you're all wrong or not. I do know that the case made in those is rubbish. There could well be a case to make, but the case made by that guy is laughably poor.

My own view is Ferguson's influence would seemingly extend too far and too many are scared of him. But has that influenced the outcome of titles? Probably not. Utd have been the best team in England for most of the past 20 years. They have won their trophies on the pitch, not off it through nefarious dealings.

Saying that, the way the media fawn to Ferguson is actually fucking nauseating.

Edited by Major Tom

Ha!

I have no idea if you're all wrong or not. I do know that the case made in those is rubbish. There could well be a case to make, but the case made by that guy is laughably poor.

My own view is Ferguson's influence would seemingly extend too far and too many are scared of him. But has that influenced the outcome of titles? Probably not. Utd have been the best team in England for most of the past 20 years. They have won their trophies on the pitch, not off it through nefarious dealings.

you-are-a-bell-end_zps74739243.png

Ha!

You’re not doing any more or less than he is with that statement though are you. Although at least he’s taken the time to research some facts whereas you’re just sat there with your fingers in your ears shouting “I CAN’T HEAR YOU” as loudly as you can. Let’s see the stats then to prove either one of your points. That’s what I was looking for when I started the thread.

I’d have thought Code would have been pulling refereeing facts and figures from all his usual sources to prove / disprove the authors arguments. But he’s probably still sulking from the last time I negged him.

You’re not doing any more or less than he is with that statement though are you. Although at least he’s taken the time to research some facts whereas you’re just sat there with your fingers in your ears shouting “I CAN’T HEAR YOU” as loudly as you can. Let’s see the stats then to prove either one of your points. That’s what I was looking for when I started the thread.

I have no inherent need to be right on this. I may well be wrong, but that doesn't make that guy's argument any less weak. Which it clearly is.

If I have the inclination maybe I'll look at things from a another club's perspective and post my findings.

That said, I was looking at the penalty stats over 10 years yesterday. It's fairly predictable stuff and in line with the top teams in the division.

Or maybe that's why they are the top teams in the division. dun dun daaaahhh!

I have no inherent need to be right on this. I may well be wrong, but that doesn't make that guy's argument any less weak. Which it clearly is.

If I have the inclination maybe I'll look at things from a another club's perspective and post my findings.

That said, I was looking at the penalty stats over 10 years yesterday. It's fairly predictable stuff and in line with the top teams in the division.

Or maybe that's why they are the top teams in the division. dun dun daaaahhh!

Yeah ok. Well done.

So what about the refereeing stats I was actually referring to, about how many times refs are appointed at other teams? Is it statistically improbable for a ref to go 36 games without reffing man yoo?

Yeah ok. Well done.

So what about the refereeing stats I was actually referring to, about how many times refs are appointed at other teams? Is it statistically improbable for a ref to go 36 games without reffing man yoo?

Dunno.

But Clattenburg didn't ref an Everton game for 5 years after the derby where Kuyt scored two pens and Everton finished with 9 men. Not sure how many games that was as Clattenburg was suspended for a while? And he was also demoted after that game.

Dunno.

Excellent. Thanks for that. Finally sums up how much you know on the subject. The Clattenburg thing is one ref, one incident. I'm after stats on the points that author raises but seeing as your response is "dunno" I'll look elsewhere. Thanks though. Really useful.

Excellent. Thanks for that. Finally sums up how much you know on the subject. The Clattenburg thing is one ref, one incident. I'm after stats on the points that author raises but seeing as your response is "dunno" I'll look elsewhere. Thanks though. Really useful.

Don't be such a hysterical tart the whole of your life, you big fanny.

I was just enlightening your stupid ass as to it does happen to other clubs. Not just Utd.

That info may not suit your tin foil hat, so take it or leave it.

I don't care a jot.

No, let's not lose sight of the fact that he was right to be annoyed at the "challenge" Carroll made for the ball at the end of the first half. It was outrageous.

However, the referee obviously felt that he had to then book him for nothing at the first opportunity in the second half, which is another matter altogether and points to something more disturbing.

Carroll jumps towards the flight of the ball. De Gea stands still, waving his arms around, instead of going for the ball. Vidic nudges Carroll. Carroll falls into De Gea. Nothing given, because it's no big deal. In a contact sport, people make contact.

Fast forward a bit and you'll see Van Persie score United's equaliser from an offside position.

So. What should the major talking point be? Let's ask the man who sets the agenda for all the shithouse media in this shitbag country.

This reminded me of a few weeks back, when baconface deflected attention from Van persie's violent reaction (deserving of a red card) after his "potentially fatal" being hit in the back of the head with a football.

The media are an orchestra of twats and Baconface conducts them perfectly.