You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now the request for the bread recipe becomes clear....and my suggestion to make brownies becomes even more appropriate

Go all high brow and watch Don't Look Now or Let the Right One In.

edit: Or American Werewolf In London. Quality.

Don't Look Now was my first thought but American Werewolf is a great shout. Dated...but in a good way and would give you loads to talk about.

The Orphanage or Pan's Labyrinth. The Woman in Black. I'm suggesting ones that ain't shit your pants scary but are good thriller/horrors.

How-ever, I have heard Woman in Black is very good and proper scary....although that could go either way.

In other news, we are now back online and the speed from this new router is un believe able

I was traumatised by that film as a child (I feel a bit queasy from just reading the title). If I was her I wouldnt even let you put it on

I was thinking of the truly scrumptious bit rather than the child snatcher and benny hill.

Are you sure a horror is the best idea Lurtz? Speaking from experience, its not a genre I would go for when its early days relationship-wise.

How about something conversation-provoking (Being John Malkovich, Donnie Darko, Usual Suspects, Memento - something along those lines). If you don't think thats a good idea for whatever reason, then some frothy romantic blockbuster shite. If she's a good sort, you win serious man points for sitting through a chick flick.

If it has to be horror, avoid gratuitous gore, aim for psychological tension. The original Psycho, maybe?

How about something conversation-provoking (Being John Malkovich' date=' Donnie Darko, Usual Suspects, Memento - something along those lines).[/quote']

Are you mad? Have you ever watched a film with a woman?

I've watched all of those films while sitting with my wife, and have on every occasion come extremely close to punching her on the nose for asking question after question about what's happening, who that is, why have they done that?

I don't fucking know woman! Watch the film and find out! A bit like I'm trying to do, but am finding difficult because some fucknugget keeps asking me questions I don't know the answer to!

And breath...

Why is it women cannot just sit and watch a film without asking questions about it?

The point of a good film is to keep you guessing and make you think a bit but not to woman it isnt.

And Lurtz likes his films. Just saying

Why is it women cannot just sit and watch a film without asking questions about it?

The point of a good film is to keep you guessing and make you think a bit but not to woman it isnt.

Women like to be in control.

Therefore not knowing/understanding what's going on is a threat to what they view as their omnipotence, but what the rest of us (ie men) consider to be their borderline psychotic control-freakery...