You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

First and last vinyl single bought

Robbo29

Eric Burdon and the Animals, "House of the Rising Sun". 13 years old and it took a week's pocket money so I had to go on the rob to go to the pictures that week.

Some great shouts here. I'll bring the tone down.

1st: 2Unlimited Maximum Overdrive, including the spectacular, unmissable, (if I remember right) Murphy's Megamix on the flip.

Last: Not sure, but I think it was a tune called Harry Choo Choo Romero, I Want Out (I Cant Believe).

First; Nice One Cyril by Cockerel Chorus - bought at half-price as an ' ex juke-box ' record in AliBaba Records in Walton Vale ( where the Wetherspoons is now ) they used to just leave a box of singles on the counter & take the middle out of them so they weren't worth pinching.

Last; A retrospective set of Jam singles quite a few years ago, I think.

1st was either what your proposing status quo or I surrender Rainbow

Last was three together Take me for a little While 12 inch picture disc Coverdale and Page.Star fleet Brian May and friends(replacement) not sure if this counts as it was also called the first mini lp.Freebird Lynyrd Skynyrd 12 inch picture disc.

It's a great tune, Stronts, but as a 12" does it count...?

I am ashamed I also have a Fuzzbox single (Rocking With Rita...!). In fact I have most of the singles mentioned here (except Lowgold, anything by Paige/May, Red Guitars, Fluid).

My first single was either Rock n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution by AC/DC or Kids in America by Kim Wilde. I think I try and change the real one for the other depending on who I am speaking to... but I think it was Wilde.

My last 12" was another old Italo slab that I couldn't get hold of at the time, but I think my last actual single was The Sea Nymphs Shaping the River. Quite rare, I believe. And as Thants would confirm, a thing of rare beauty.

[YOUTUBE]TbxzUhk7R5c[/YOUTUBE]

I think I got a free Babyshambles 7" with the NME when I bought one for the first time in 15 years or something the other year. But it doesn't count.

My mum bought me Boney M's 'Brown Girl in the Ring/Rivers of Babylon' in the late 70's cos I fucking loved that song.

As for my last vinyl I'm struggling to remember; probably 'The Wall' from Penny Lane Records on Bold Street (go figure).

Penny Lane Records was boss, I used to go to Bluecoat and the Penny Lane Records that was actually on Penny Lane itself was where i spent most lunchtimes.

First single i bought (with my pocket money from ASDA in Halewood) was "Walking on the Moon" by The Police.

Last one i can recall getting was "Fools Gold" by The Stone Roses. Then i bought a cd player and gave vinyl up.

• 1 month later...
First was 'Down in the Tube Station at Midnight' by The Jam.

Last was 'Last Night Another Soldier' by Angelic Upstarts' date=' bought it on ebay for a mate a few years ago.[/quote']

Same fist single here, was bought as one of those ex-duke box singles you could get a month or so after they left the charts. No idea of my last one.