You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Black Sabbath

SCOUSE TAPAS

What about all the yellow sticky notes stuck on the drums bollocks,was that bollocks ? and 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' is the heaviest Beatles album ever made ! :whistle:

Bonham broke Wards drums while playing them once and Ward would never let him near his drums again.

True story.

I love Sabbath and have seen them loads of times.

Bill Ward? The harsh truth is that Sabbath are the voice of Ozzy and Iommi's guitar. Geezer has settled for what he can get. Ward is by no means an irreplaceable drummer' date=' Moon wasn't for The Who, Bonham wasn't for Zep. Ward is out of pocket financially and by loses exposure by not doing a deal. His loss.[/quote']

What an absolute load of rubbish.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that Technical Ecstasy is pretty fucking good.

I like Bill Ward's tune 'It's Alright' despite the slagging that it gets.

I can't fucking believe what Xerxes posted in this thread, worse than some of the stuff on the breakfast threads all things considered.

• 3 months later...

I'm quite lucky in that my missus loves Sabbath so I can put them on pretty much whenever I want. Fairies Wear Boots is her favourite song by anybody, we had it on at our wedding (not the first dance like).

I would definitely add Sabotage & Technical Ecstasy to that list of albums, Vol.4 is probably my favourite out of the lot though.

That box set looks immense but I just couldn't justify that sort of money in one whack.

They're a bit like the Beatles for me, I could name a different favourite album depending on my mood.  Master Of Reality if I was pushed on having one and one only.   

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Juniper said:

For me it’s Vol 4

Great songs, great playing, great production.

Gets played regularly. 

Aye, Vol.4 is my favourite too, right between their early sound & the more adventurous stuff on their later albums.

I've just read Mick Wall's book on them, worth a read although the early 70s appears to have gone by in a bit of a blur for everyone (unsurprisingly).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Aye, Vol.4 is my favourite too, right between their early sound & the more adventurous stuff on their later albums.

I've just read Mick Wall's book on them, worth a read although the early 70s appears to have gone by in a bit of a blur for everyone (unsurprisingly).

Nice one Mook, I’ll check that out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

I got it in Fopp in a 2 books for a fiver deal, if you're near Shaftsbury Avenue it might be worth checking out if they have it there @Juniper

And also read his Led Zeppelin book too, called When Giants walked the Earth, that's a cracking read too.

He's written several music biographies including Prince, Lemmy and others. All are well written, whether you like the artist(s) in question or not.

• Upvote 3

I remember Mick Wall from my Kerrang buying days of the late 80's, he was a really good journo with impeccable taste in music.

I saw Black Sabbath in Hyde Park in 2014. They were brilliant considering they were booze-addled, coke-addled geriatrics. Great day out with Motorhead, Faith No More and Soundgarden in support, makes me sad that both Lemmy and Chris Cornell were both dead within less than 3 years.  

I'm off to see Ozzy on his No More Tours tour in Manchester next week, looking forward to that as Zakk Wylde is one of my favourite guitarists. Judas Priest in support as well which is a big fucking bonus.

• Upvote 2