You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Black Sabbath

SCOUSE TAPAS

I'm getting tickets for the Manchester gig for my old fella. Never got into Sabbath but I'm going to go with him.

Ozzy is just one of them people who gets the crowd in his hand mate.I honestly think you could go absolutly hating them,Then comeout having had a superb time.

Ozzy is just one of them people who gets the crowd in his hand mate.I honestly think you could go absolutly hating them,Then comeout having had a superb time.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like them, just never really listened to them. Will do before I go though.

There appears to be a pre-sale tomorrow morning on Concert Tickets and Tour Dates | Live Nation UK if anyone's interested.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like them, just never really listened to them. Will do before I go though.

There appears to be a pre-sale tomorrow morning on Concert Tickets and Tour Dates | Live Nation UK if anyone's interested.

Thanks mate I am just looking on there at the hard rock calling gigs.I didnt know Chris Robinson had resurfaced the Black Crowes so soon as he was taking a break and doing other stuff.Seen them around 92 with the Verve as support band.

Never been a fan but fuck that shit, the whole Bill Ward thing stinks.

Hence why I'm not going. I saw them back in 2000, 2001 possibly, when they headlined Ozzfest at Milton Keynes, and they were OK, nothing special.

My mates got pre sale tickets last night, cost then £64 each, so a bit pricey.

Plus, its the same week as Lawnmower Deth and Xentrix in Nottingham, so that takes priority for me.

Hence why I'm not going. I saw them back in 2000, 2001 possibly, when they headlined Ozzfest at Milton Keynes, and they were OK, nothing special.

Plus, its the same week as Lawnmower Deth and Xentrix in Nottingham, so that takes priority for me.

I was off my tits on goofballs, lost, minus everybody I knew, confused and missing my shirt, no idea where it went.

Then the first note of Black Sabbath kicked in with just the red lights, suddenly everything in the universe made sense, fucking awesome!

Ended up fucking some skank with a limp in the bushes at the top of the bowl, not so awesome.

The Milton Keynes was 98 I think mate had Pantera on?Over the Bill Ward episode it is suppose to be a contract dispute.Bill Ward has also said its to do with musical differences but would love to get together again with the band,Ozzy has said he is welcome to at any time,But it appears to be Iommi who dosent want him back at least for the moment.

I used to be a big Sabbath fan and went to see them when I was a soppy teenager. It was when Ozzy was pretty much drug azzled and I was really disappointed in them. That and Ozzy leaving put me off them. Sabotage is still one of my favourite rock albums.

The Milton Keynes was 98 I think mate had Pantera on?Over the Bill Ward episode it is suppose to be a contract dispute.Bill Ward has also said its to do with musical differences but would love to get together again with the band,Ozzy has said he is welcome to at any time,But it appears to be Iommi who dosent want him back at least for the moment.

Yep, Pantera, Slayer and fucking Coal Chamber, has there ever been a shitter band???

My first ever concert was Sabbath in Stafford Bingley Hall, very early 80's & the late Ronnie James Dio had replaced Ozzy.

I've seen Ozzy twice, Donington 84 & again in 91 at Brixton Academy, but never seen him with Sabbath..... best get a tcket I reckon.

My first ever concert was Sabbath in Stafford Bingley Hall, very early 80's & the late Ronnie James Dio had replaced Ozzy.

I've seen Ozzy twice, Donington 84 & again in 91 at Brixton Academy, but never seen him with Sabbath..... best get a tcket I reckon.

Bingley Hall thats a blast from the past.Seen seven bands playing on the one day there.Motorhead being one who blew the others away,Girlschool being another and quite probably the worst band I have ever seen live Saxon.

Was it really that long ago? Bloody hell, that's incredible. I remember walking out and we bumped into Kerry King. What an obnoxious twat he was.

I'd heard the Bill issue was because they'd all agreed on a straight split, 25% each, and Sharon has demanded more for Ozzy. Its a real shame, as they are one of the greatest bands of all time, and to end up like this is very sad.

I still think that £64 for a ticket is ridiculous as well.

I love Sabbath and have seen them loads of times.

Bill Ward? The harsh truth is that Sabbath are the voice of Ozzy and Iommi's guitar. Geezer has settled for what he can get. Ward is by no means an irreplaceable drummer, Moon wasn't for The Who, Bonham wasn't for Zep. Ward is out of pocket financially and by loses exposure by not doing a deal. His loss.

• 2 months later...

Bill Ward? The harsh truth is that Sabbath are the voice of Ozzy and Iommi's guitar. Geezer has settled for what he can get. Ward is by no means an irreplaceable drummer, Moon wasn't for The Who, Bonham wasn't for Zep. Ward is out of pocket financially and by loses exposure by not doing a deal. His loss.

Didn't led zep call it quits when Bonham died? The Who should have when Moon died, it wasn't until ringo's boy zac came of age that they found a worthy replacement.

I cannot stress how vehemently I disagree with this.

Negged.

• Upvote 2