You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

XBMC Pop Up Messages

Google and install XBMCHub Wizard.

This will automatically install the best channels for you.

Once this is done correctly look for a channel installed called SportsDevil.

On this channel are sub channels such as wiziwig etc which run directly from within XBMC therefore giving you all the sports from around the world.

Have fun finding out which sub channel is best for you.

NoobRoom channel (which is installed by the fusion rep) is great for movies.

1Channel, IceFilms, ProjectFreeTV, TubePlus are all great for the latest American TV series obviously before they hit the UK.

VEVO, Digitially Imported etc good for the music tastes (although these tend to be aimed more and dance music fans).

Posted this in the thread below but applies to what you need.

If you have popups coming saying PVR is lost etc then that is because you have installed those channels but its failing to connect to a PVR etc.

If you haven't got a PVR installed and connected to XBMC then disable this channels.

Edit: I found the add ons you mentioned but what a palaver to find them.

There are more menus than you can shake a stick at.

And you can never find that interesting one you saw earlier. Ever again.

At least it seems that way to start with

BTW Thanks for the heads-up on the hub wizard thing coops. Makes this a lot more useful than the last time I used it, when 9 out of 10 of the add-ons would fail with script errors.

Had the Pi (with RaspBMC installed) for 3 weeks now and love it. Kids love it more than me, they hog it and are constantly watching stuff on it. I've found it great for catching up with Breaking Bad and Big Bang Theory. Effectively turned our tv into a smart TV, allowing us to watch YouTube, play stuff from iPad/iphone using Airplay. remote apps on Android/iPad/iPhone negate the need for keyboard/mouse being connected.

Guest ShoePiss

Yep, another vote for xbmchub. I like the short cuts under each section, looks nice and they're easy to change. It does appear to reset your setup though so if you already had add-ons that aren't listed in the wizard you'll need to install them again.

Had the Pi (with RaspBMC installed) for 3 weeks now and love it. Kids love it more than me, they hog it and are constantly watching stuff on it. I've found it great for catching up with Breaking Bad and Big Bang Theory. Effectively turned our tv into a smart TV, allowing us to watch YouTube, play stuff from iPad/iphone using Airplay. remote apps on Android/iPad/iPhone negate the need for keyboard/mouse being connected.

Which ones have the US tv stuff on as the likes of Icestreams doesnt work with mine?

Found the wiziwig and first row streams thing but how do i use the streamtorrent and sopcast links inside xmbc player?

You need either a vga cable or HDMI (if your laptop has an HDMI out).

If you go down the vga route you will also need a phono lead as vga only carries video and not audio.

IceFilms should work but if not there is ProjectFreeTV, TubePlus, NoobRoom, !Channel to name but a few that all carry the latest US TV series.

Regards football i normally use vipbox on the SportDevil channel which streams the games directly rather then messing about with other software such as sopcast, streamtorrent.

You need either a vga cable or HDMI (if your laptop has an HDMI out).

If you go down the vga route you will also need a phono lead as vga only carries video and not audio.

IceFilms should work but if not there is ProjectFreeTV, TubePlus, NoobRoom, !Channel to name but a few that all carry the latest US TV series.

Regards football i normally use vipbox on the SportDevil channel which streams the games directly rather then messing about with other software such as sopcast, streamtorrent.

These add ons dont seem to be visible to me,can you tell me where I can find those add ons?

Im into most of the US shows myself and these would be really useful.

These add ons dont seem to be visible to me' date='can you tell me where I can find those add ons?

Im into most of the US shows myself and these would be really useful.[/quote']

Check out http://www.xbmchub.com/. There's downloads there for different versions of XBMC. I used this for installing to my Pi.

Channel1 has been the best add on for me. Although watching The Walking Dead at UK pace, I ended up watching the final episode through Channel1. Also used if for Breaking Bad and Big Bang Theory. The search option seems better in Channel1 as it brings back programmes back in seasons, and then individual episodes, where IceFilms brings all episodes back in one mesh order

I found said add ons,they had to be enabled within another set of add ons.

There are a lot of links that dont work and it is a pain to find the good stuff but it does look a very useful piece of kit.

Had trouble trying to watch the game as my screen resolution changes when I hook it up to my telly and xmbc is too big for the telly screen.

Stuck to streamtorrent for now.

I found said add ons,they had to be enabled within another set of add ons.

There are a lot of links that dont work and it is a pain to find the good stuff but it does look a very useful piece of kit.

Had trouble trying to watch the game as my screen resolution changes when I hook it up to my telly and xmbc is too big for the telly screen.

Stuck to streamtorrent for now.

Change settings in XBMC then to fit the screen.

How do I do that?

Im a total novice with all these settings in xbmc, theyre making my head hurt!

In the settings tab i think there is a display setting which gets you to put two lines in the corner of your screen to indicate the size of display you are now using.

XBMC does take a bit of setting up and getting used to but the process is pretty quick and well worth it.

I've got Xbmc to work on my PC but for some reason my streams automatically stop after a few seconds when trying to watch anything from Ice films. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Try disabling the metadata. That helps it on ATV.

I've never had much luck finding sporting streams on there. Navi-x used to be good but it seems to have lost its ability to stream live tv. Used to have fox s**cer channel which was always a pretty good bet for live ball-based sport predominantly involving the feet.

Try disabling the metadata. That helps it on ATV.

I've never had much luck finding sporting streams on there. Navi-x used to be good but it seems to have lost its ability to stream live tv. Used to have fox s**cer channel which was always a pretty good bet for live ball-based sport predominantly involving the feet.

The sports devil add on seems to give plenty of options for this.

Managed to fit the xbmc to my tv with the lead i have,scart to vga and its brilliant.

Watching the golf last night and the picture quality is fantastic.

Do you know of an add on that has all of the uk sky channels on it by any chance?

Not just the sport but the whole range,discovery,nat geo,history etc?

Cheers for tipping me off about this application,its ace.

Reps on the way.