You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Streaming internet to non smart tv

Guest San Don

Thanks to all who have provided advice on this. after a bit of playing around i managed to get it working. Watched Wreck it Ralph with the missus and the picture was spot on. Only problem I had was the sound was not coming though the tv via the hdmi cable. Played with the audio settings but nothing worked. Is this a common problem or am i missing something?

You have to change the speaker settings on the volume mixer.

It will by default out put via your PC/Laptop speakers but just select TV instead and the sound will come out of the Tele.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep got it. But why are all the options low quality.

Why no HD?

Any recommendations for new films in HD etc?

Lol you want HD streams for free?

Read the thread mate, noobroom is good for movies. So is 1channel, icefilms, navi=x

Just have a play around with it, and you will soon find which ones are best

Coops suggestion of mashup tv is an excellent one (thansk coop)

This is an excellent program and getting movies in HD is easy, football matches arent so great but they dont buffer either

Lol you want HD streams for free?

Read the thread mate, noobroom is good for movies. So is 1channel, icefilms, navi=x

Just have a play around with it, and you will soon find which ones are best

Coops suggestion of mashup tv is an excellent one (thansk coop)

This is an excellent program and getting movies in HD is easy, football matches arent so great but they dont buffer either

No probs mate, its a quality channel is Mashup TV, bit of everything.

For anyone wanting better quality streams then the only way you will get that for free on XBMC is to go on the LiveTV channel on the SportDevil channel and look at some of the streams on there.

Unfortunately they are in Russian but the quality is superb on some of these.

At the end of the day they are free so we can't really moan.

As regards sound issues then to get sound if you are using a VGA cable you need to also connect a phono cable from your laptop to the TV.

If using an HDMI cable then you have to change the speakers from the Laptop to the TV in the volume mixer.

Make sure you are connected to the TV at the time of doing his though otherwise your laptop won't see it.

For anyone wanting better quality streams then the only way you will get that for free on XBMC is to go on the LiveTV channel on the SportDevil channel and look at some of the streams on there.

Unfortunately they are in Russian but the quality is superb on some of these.

Where can these be found mate? i got into sportsdevil and selective LIVE TV and then get 6-7 options but they've always seemed to be browser/flash streams which are pretty poor quality (especially when you play them on a LCD/plasma)....

I sometimes use streamtorrent but not through xbmc or sports devil.

Thanks vlad, where did you download streamtorrent from?

I go on fsi (football streaming.info) sometimes and they dont seem to recommend ace stream, saying the size of the file is dodgy and it shouldnt be that big for a genuine streaming program. They are suspect because acestream is a russian company.

I had it but, i shit it and deleted if after what they said. Although the quality was amazing.

Whats streamtorrent like, have you heard similar things about it, or arent you bothered anyway?

Thanks vlad' date=' where did you download streamtorrent from?

I go on fsi (football streaming.info) sometimes and they dont seem to recommend ace stream, saying the size of the file is dodgy and it shouldnt be that big for a genuine streaming program. They are suspect because acestream is a russian company.

I had it but, i shit it and deleted if after what they said. Although the quality was amazing.

Whats streamtorrent like, have you heard similar things about it, or arent you bothered anyway?[/quote']

I just downloaded it from a link on the wiziwig forum.

The picture is usually decent as i stream it with vlc player.

You want to look at installing Plex rather than XBMC on the RaspberryPi.

Hearing a lot of good things about it.

Try both and use whichever you prefer. All you have to do is change the card in it. One of the best things about the Pi. Different cards for different uses.