You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Poll - Shit or Class?

Carradona

How do you rate Zlatan?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Zlatan?

24 people on this forum think he's class

Hahhaahahahaha

Its all making sense why so many of you know absolutely nothing about football

Fucking morons

Who the fuck are you to tell anyone? Are you really that stupid you think he's closer to being shit than being class?

Scored some of the best goals I have ever seen.

On the other hand is probably the laziest bastard I have seen on the pitch.

Has all the skill in the world but to me he just dosent seem to appreciate it and expects everybody else to do the work for him.

But when you consider how many titles as in medals he has won in different leagues and the amount of money he has gone for between teams.

Then to call him shite I think is a bit harsh even though I would call him it to.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .“~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>–==“

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Scored some of the best goals I have ever seen.

On the other hand is probably the laziest bastard I have seen on the pitch.

Has all the skill in the world but to me he just dosent seem to appreciate it and expects everybody else to do the work for him.

But when you consider how many titles as in medals he has won in different leagues and the amount of money he has gone for between teams.

Then to call him shite I think is a bit harsh even though I would call him it to.

He's been involved in more than half of PSG's goals this season, either as a scorer or supplier. More than half. Not bad for a sdo-called lazy bastard.

Who cares if he lets others do the work some people think he should be doing if it works - which it quite obviously does?

The "British" (a sweeping generalisation I know but you get the drift) view on these things is what's standing in the way of England ever becoming a great team again.

Mediocre players are appreciated as long as they work hard.

But there's no room (or not enough room) for players who actually have a unique talent because their personality often requires special attention. I think Adam Hammill is a brilliant recent example of this. Technically quite brilliant and always a potential matchwinner but he needed to have been handled differently.

Zlatan is so good he'd have made it anywhere, but slightly less talented players in England will be cast aside because they're perceived to be troublemakers or primadonnas.

And any traditional British youth coach would prefer a James Milner type over the Zlatan or Totti or Hammill types. Because Milner works hard and doesn't give the manager any problems.

That's why English football is full to the brim with hardworking midfielders in the Milner/Cattermole mold but hardly any players with the individual skills and mindset of a Santi Cazorla or even a Philippe Coutinho.

The skills of those players have been developed and encouraged from a young age and now they are adding the workrate to become even better. You can't do it the other way round and possess workrate and then suddenly add great technical skills at a later stage.

Just imagine how different a player Luis Suarez would have been if he'd come through the British youth system.

Good post, DT. However, I would say that Suarez falls into the very small third category of players. They work just as hard as the English cloggers, but their genius is still allowed to flourish. Seem to be a crop of them (although few as good as Suarez) from Argentina and Uruguay.

You need players like Milner, and players like Ibrahimovic to win stuff. As you say, British fans are more tolerant of someone being shit as long as they work hard. Infact, as long as they look like they're working hard.

You need players like Milner, and players like Ibrahimovic to win stuff.

Yes, you're right, of course. You can't have a team of Ibrahimovics just like a team of Carraghers would be shit.

But in other parts of the footballing world they don't put nearly the same emphasis on highlighting the work of the Milners.

Because the theory is that 'anyone can work hard, not everyone has skill' and so they appreciate the skilled players much more because they have a rarer talent.

And I know this is being unfair to Milner who is of course a very good footballer.

There is no debate' date=' his scoring record for top flight clubs, in different leagues, and in key games, makes him one of the finest strikers of his generation.[/quote']

This, my friends, is the unequivocal smoking gun we were all looking for.

Xerxes thinks he's up there with the best.

So that settles it!

He's fucking shite.

Did I really or is this just the begiunning of another myth?

Let me say one thing though' date=' while Zlatan is a very good striker he will never reach the heights of the real top class strikers we have seen in European football like Ronaldo, Trezeguet etc..[/quote']

Say whateguet?

Good post' date=' DT. However, I would say that Suarez falls into the very small third category of players. They work just as hard as the English cloggers, but their genius is still allowed to flourish. Seem to be a crop of them (although few as good as Suarez) from Argentina and Uruguay.

You need players like Milner, and players like Ibrahimovic to win stuff. As you say, British fans are more tolerant of someone being shit as long as they work hard. Infact, as long as they look like they're working hard.[/quote']

You don't ever need James Milner.

Ever.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...