You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which teams are getting relegated?

Baltar

Who's going down?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

Just had a look at the bottom of the table and was shocked to see Southampton in 12th place. I guess replacing Adkins has worked out well for them. And also surprised to see Newcastle just 3 points clear of the bottom 3. I would chuckle if Newcastle were to go down again.

Think Reading and QPR are doomed (bye Harry), not sure who will join them as it's very tight. Got a feeling Norwich are going to fuck up and go back to the Championship.

Which 3 teams do you think will be relegated?

Think tonight's result has finished off QPR and Reading are too far off to survive either. Wigan - Villa final day could be decisive, though I think Wigan will have sealed survival by then since they do tend to go on a run this time of year. Aston Villa will go for me.

I still think QPR will stay up.

Their next two home games are at home to Wigan and Stoke, which I think they will win. They then play Reading away after that.

I'm going for Reading and Sunderland, then I'm torn between Wigan and Villa.

I think Wigans luck might just run out this season.

Reading were always going to go down, their squad is absolutely shite, know Harry is overrated but he still has some decent management qualities and I did think when he took over QPR would stay up as they have some decent players as well but it seems none of them give a fuck and they look doomed as well so just one place between rest, plenty of pros and cons with most of them

Villa- voted for them because I want them to go down the most and think they will, got a terrible squad aside from a couple of decent forwards, fans always seem to spout the stereotypical shite at us and they've played some god awful stuff in the last few years

Sunderland- Di Canio could go either way, wouldn't surprise me if he can get them going a bit now and keep them up but long term probably end up going tits up, fans seem a good laugh so hope they stay up

Wigan- reckon Martinez's job gets harder every year so fair play to him if he manages to keep them up again, Whelan's a cunt though and as a club as a whole they don't add much to the league

Newcastle- always funny watching that lot fuck up, especially as it can often deflect attention from us!

Norwich- probably the most dull club in the league at the moment

Stoke- unlike most I actually appreciated what they were doing when they first came up, first season played to their strengths to stay up then next couple seemed to develop into more of a footballing side and signed some decent players but seem to be a rugby team again now and always beat us! Would think they will be fine though.

West Ham-well Allardyce going down would be a pisser, no chance of it happening though

Southampton- seem harmless enough, didn't agree with sacking Adkins but new blokes doing okay, be interesting to see if Ramirez and Lallana can start to play to their potential more next year

so most of em theres positives about going down, Villa, QPR, Reading though I reckon

QPR and Reading are nailed on certainties now, the last spot I would have plumped for Sunderland but I fancy Di Canio might just get them fired up and into safety. Between Villa and Wigan but even though the latter have the FA Cup to distract them, I've said at the end of the last few seasons they'll go down and they've always spunked their way to clinging on. So I've gone for Villa.

I love seeing Newcastle go down. That is one club who do my fucking head in and I know some of our support can be a bit deluded at times but theirs are fucking nuts. They think they are a massive club. Over 50 fucking years since they won anything of worth, the shit cunts.

Oh and Pardew is a gigantic twat.

Reading, Wigan & Sunderland.

Reading are the worst team in the league, the board never invested in the team properly and sacked the manager for it. You cant tie a man's shoelaces together and expect him to dance.

Wigan are a funny one, even though we collected 6 points this season, they always seem to do well against us. Wembley is on their minds, I wouldn't be surprised if they won it. Has a team ever been relegated and won at Wembley- doubt it so I guess my argument is pants?

Sunderland will join them, just. DiCanio was great to watch on the pitch and his enthusiasm I imagine will be second to none. However, I imagine MoN to be rather enthusiastic and if he and 50,000 fans couldn't get the players up for it all season, then I doubt DiCanio can get the job done in 7 games, plus they just lost Fletcher for the season.

So many teams fighting, I imagine as many as 6 clubs wont get the 40 point mark.

Portsmouth won the FA cup in 2008 and were relegated, although that was at Cardiff, IIRC.

Portsmouth did indeed win the FA Cup in 2008, against Cardiff at Wembley, but they finished mid-table in the Premier League. They also reached the final in 2010 but got beaten by Chelsea in a season which saw them get relegated.

Not sure if any side has won the FA Cup in the same season as being relegated, but I know Birmingham got relegated the year they won the League Cup.

Newcastle going could be quite funny. I can see a mass exodus by an unhappy French contingent and probably some others as well. Another thing that would be just as hilarious is Pardew getting sacked before the end of season in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation.