You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In 15 years it is estimated that Mark 'Sparky' Hughes will have managed an impressive 87 English football league clubs, having been sacked from 86 of them. Not to be dissuaded, Premier League chairmen remain eager to snap up the services of the fiery Welshman, due to incredibly positive media profiling off the back of a 6 month spell at Blackburn Rovers 10 years ago when Hughes sensationally made Rovers 'a difficult team to beat.'

English clubs amaze me.

Every time a managers is sacked from a mid table premier league side to a promotion chasing championship side the same bloody managers are constantly up for the job.How many times can the like of Bruce prove that he cannot do the job long term.I can understand championship clubs bringing Colin Wanker in to get them promotion and then dumping him like a bad smell as soon as they are up but my god.Bruce,Hughes etc keep getting the jobs and payoffs and yet these normally astute business men then give them another fucking shot and wonder why 6 months later they are looking for a replacement.The amount of fans money that gets wasted because of payoffs and idiot chairmen/CEO listening to certain managers agents is disgusting

The LMA moan that foreign coaches are brought in,though i imagine they are pretty quick to ask said coaches to join the LMA.They also moan about manager not getting enough time to do there job,forgetting that most managers that get sacked generally get a payoff and that it opened the door for another member of the LMA to get back into football.

Kal-El,

I've said it many times before that if a British/LMA manager is sacked but replaced by another British/LMA manager, you won't hear a peep out of the LMA. You might hear some grumbling from other managers in that instance, but never the LMA. If a British/LMA manager is sacked and replaced by a foreigner, then the LMA will definitely wade in with all the usual guff about managers needing to be given time or criticism of club owners and chairmen.

And yes it is very irritating to see the likes of Bruce and Hughes wander from club to club, buying the same players over and over, getting the same results again and again, and then leaving or being sacked with some sort of hefty pay-off.

And yes it is very irritating to see the likes of Bruce and Hughes wander from club to club, buying the same players over and over, getting the same results again and again, and then leaving or being sacked with some sort of hefty pay-off.

Bruce did a very good job at Birmingham City.

They mentioned on sky during our game with Villa that Di Canio was heading to Sunderland for talks. If nothing else he'd probably liven the premier league up a bit. Did well at Swindon gaining them automatic promotion from league 2 and they were doing really well this year until he had some sort of falling out with the board over finances and left the club.

Not sure if he'll be a success in the long term but I think the Sunderland board have just panicked and are hoping a change of manager will get them the 2 or 3 wins that would clinch survival - it's amazing how often teams on really bad runs will immediately pick up a couple of good results when someone new comes in even if that manager ends up being shit in the long term.

Brian Reade had a decent article a week or two back in the aftermath of the LMA Chairman moaning about the recent spate of sackings. His basic point was that his own members could stop it straight away by not putting themselves forward for beleaguered colleagues jobs & plonking themselves in the stands when managers are perceived to be in trouble. He said that the LMA had probably the highest 'scab' quotient of any union in this country.

He said that the LMA had probably the highest 'scab' quotient of any union in this country.

At first I thought, that's harsh, because there are more managers than there are jobs and they aren't crossing any picket lines. But then looking at the principle of it, taking someone else's job like that is exactly what happens in football management. Seeing how managers are recycled so quickly, it seems to be a dog-eat-dog business and there's always a hungry dog waiting in the wings.

Guest davelfc

There are a small bunch of managers that just seem to be on some crazy loop. Hughes, Bruce, McCoist, Redknapp, O'Neil, Allardyce and I am sure others. Sacked more often than not and then employed again by a different club. The crazy part is they pick up huge pay offs each time.

Moyes if he leaves everton will undoubtedly join this band of merry men although been lucky enough to find a place where winning fuck all is enough to make you a winner, so you can see why he's stayed put. That and the huge wages to stop him being too ambitious with Kenwright's money.

Imagine going for a job and on your C.V. it says that you've been sacked 5 or 6 times from the very type of job you are going for, because you were shit. Now imagine getting that job and being shit and getting a few million pay off.

I have no sympathy for the cunts.

Di Canio confirmed, it will be nothing if not entertaining.

Exactly, fantastic appointment, well done Sunderland for not going down the route of appointing one of the usual suspects and instead going for a complete lunatic. It will be great entertainment for everyone and you never know he might actually be a good manager looking at his record so far. Just steer clear of the subject of politics....