You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bierkeller Liverpool

Liverpool lad

Someone told me in Denmark you can buy cans of beer from vending machines in hotels and restaurants etc... Don't know if it's true but sounds good.

The Danish are fairly liberal with most things I'd say, great place to visit.

I've been there loads, but its been a while now.

To be fair the roscoe head is a quality boozer. Drink in there all the time, Carol the landlady takes no shit from anyone which means that its well and truly a dickhead free zone. Same with the dispensary on renshaw street, decent landlord and good selection of beer means its a relatively Twat free zone.

The Dispensary's probably my favourite pub in town, but Dave can have his loony moments.

However all is forgiven, as his ale is always well kept and he's a staunch fan of a certain city sporting institution that we all favour.

The Dispensary's probably my favourite pub in town, but Dave can have his loony moments.

However all is forgiven, as his ale is always well kept and he's a staunch fan of a certain city sporting institution that we all favour.

True that. But he's onto people getting too loud and lairy straight away. Doesn't tolerate scrotes (to the point where they don't even bother coming in). The roscoe or dispensary are my two boozers of choice when I fancy a pint in town. Not forgetting the ship and mitre.of course.

Are there any just 'nice bars' in Liverpool these days? Took some bird out there last night and was genuinely stumped as to where to go as everywhere was full of lads and blonde slappers. Went in The Grapes on the way back and it was full of dickheads in high vis vests and the street outside stank of pot. Modo used to be alright but last time I went past there was a sign up saying you could get Dominos pizzas delivered there which kind of said it all.

One thing that's always pissed me off about nights out in Liverpool is that most cities, and it pains me to say it, but Manchester especially, the nightlife is divided up into different preferences. Student will go one place, bagheads will go another, the flash bastard brigade will go somewhere, so will couples and the crowd that think of themselves as arty. In Liverpool it's like they tried to do that but then someone carpet bombed everywhere with young lads on coke and blonde slags. Literally everywhere is overrun with the same loud, classless twats. Even if a decent restaurant opens there I give it six weeks before its a bald bellend extravaganza.

• Upvote 1

I've had a few good nights in Mojo recently and Santa Chupitos can be decent.

Mojo has endured the charge of the coke brigade for a while now. Hopefully it stays that way.

Once the wankers find the $5 dollar shakes in Santas then that place could go down hill swiftly, especially because its about 3m squared. Great place to take the missus

Another place I go to is Mello Mello. Great place to have a few drinks with your mates and can't be arsed with all the Shite you usually get in town.

Mello Mello is boss. Can't beat a slice of cake washed down with a bevvy.

Attic on Parr Street's decent as well, I reckon. Was down there last night.

I usually stick to Seel Street and round Hardman Street if I'm out in town. Plenty of decent bars and pubs down that way. The Grapes on Roscoe Street is a favourite of mine.

Not been to the Bierkeller yet, but this thread is certainly piquing my curiosity!

I take it this is a different bierkeller to the one that opened at the bottom of mount pleasant in the 70s? That was overpriced, and the beer was shit.

Only in Liverpool would the lowlife be so prevalent that you have to put a deposit on a glass. It's embarrassing.

I take it this is a different bierkeller to the one that opened at the bottom of mount pleasant in the 70s? That was overpriced, and the beer was shit.

Only in Liverpool would the lowlife be so prevalent that you have to put a deposit on a glass. It's embarrassing.

Use to have some goodish bands on there though.

Seen Ozric Tenticles a few times on there.