You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

Well, it will be different, depending where you are in Britain. Only it wont be Britain any more.

And which currency are you paying with, sir?

Ormskirk florins.

You might joke but I'm guessing most of the rest of the UK (there I go again) think this has got nothing to do with them

Am I missing something with the oil revenue I don't doubt some of it will filter back to a Scottish Government but surely most of it will go to the Oil companies I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong, Secondly I agree an independent Scotland will mean a permanent Tory Government for the rest of us & God help us all if that happens

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Salmond is a two faced, hypocritical, lying cunt.

So what?

He's still better than what we've got at the moment.

I was just answering the man's question.

While I strongly support the current Scottish government's social democratic credentials I remain deeply unconvinced about Scotland's ability to generate sufficient wealth and to attract and retain external businesses (see the recent ineos shenanigans) to be able to maintain its current policies and to attract and retain external businesses (see the recent ineos shenanigans) 

As an Englishman I am happy for the Scots to be independent.

If I was a Scot I would vote against it.

I know I should know but does that mean you are happy to submit to a Tory government. Forever?

I'd love it to happen.  Different currency as well.  Listening to the debate now.  They all sound drunk.  

Was that the R5 discussion? I was stuck in a traffic jam and had it on the radio and as one contributor pointed out there appears to be an element of confusion in the White paper; is it a vision for how an independent Scotland might be structured or a manifesto for the SNP. The proposals seem to be a rather pick and mix version of independence...we'd keep the pound, the monarchy and the BBC but we'd make all our own financial decisions. Eh?

And, as was also, mentioned, should there be a yes vote for independence, where then for the SNP?

I will be voting yes and hope we go independent. Not because I think we will be better off financially, I doubt we will, but at least our governments priorities will not be to appease a ruling class.

All politicians are twats and in an independent Scotland that won't change It will however cause a revolution in these Isle. For one Scots will have to stop blaming the English for every negative aspect of their life and will have to stand up together a sort shit out. Two I think the English regions will have had enough of London centred bullshit which has gone on far too long and that can only be good for everyone.

It will shake the shit out of the whole place, bring it on.

I will be voting yes and hope we go independent. Not because I think we will be better off financially, I doubt we will, but at least our governments priorities will not be to appease a ruling class.

All politicians are twats and in an independent Scotland that won't change It will however cause a revolution in these Isle. For one Scots will have to stop blaming the English for every negative aspect of their life and will have to stand up together a sort shit out. Two I think the English regions will have had enough of London centred bullshit which has gone on far too long and that can only be good for everyone.

It will shake the shit out of the whole place, bring it on.

Correct. And it was amazing (but not at all surprising) to hear emails/texts coming into that programme from people asking why they had to put up with this boring debate, the progamme specifically and generally, that has nothing to do with them. Dominos, folks

It's not something with incremental value, independence is a virtue in itself. The onus is on the person, or persons, who want to derive you of your independence to prove why they should be allowed to do that.

Well duh... What I was trying to ask is if there is a clear indication that the Scottish people will be better off than they are now? I haven't been following this at all, I have no idea of the pros and cons.