You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

Nope, no way on this one. You can't simply label it "conspiracy theory" or whatever and think shit like this will go away. It's clear propaganda, and they're doing just what the BBC, the Guardian and many others have been doing. Staff at those and other outlets (not surprising with the BBC, they're basically a government department.) are obviously agenda driven because the corporate media doesn't want Scotland breaking away. I might accept conspiracy theorist for quite a few things I bring up, but this isn't some theory, it's plainly fucking obvious to anyone who's simply noticed this happening in the run up to the vote.

Have a read of this from Monbiot too if you want (one of the lone voices speaking some truth about this in the corporate media), it sums up a decent bit of it : http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/16/media-shafted-people-scotland-journalists

Or are you going to label him a conspiracy theorist as well? Because I bet he knows a whole lot more about the workings of the corporate media than any of us do.

Blaming the media is an insult to the intelligence of the Scottish voters who are perfectly capable of making up their own minds.

It is hardly the media's fault if they point out that Salmond has run a shallow, venal, campaign. It would have been a conspiracy if the media had suggested otherwise.

Blaming the media is an insult to the intelligence of the Scottish voters who are perfectly capable of making up their own minds.It is hardly the media's fault if they point out that Salmond has run a shallow, venal, campaign. It would have been a conspiracy if the media had suggested otherwise.

A post of bollocks in full.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not really, it's just a link to an article that I thought might actually help one or two people. Surely the more you can actually see what's going on in cases like this, the freer you are to think for yourself, and not the other way around.

That depends entirely on the quality of the information.

Guest Pistonbroke

Cameron's speech for a No vote has been leaked. 

"Right you bitch, now you have decided to stay get the fucking kettle on, and i lied about listening to you more in the future." or words to that affect, just disguised. 

@Pestred I've never been to Norway you fucking dickhead. I have challenged moderators to check my IP. I am from Mogadishu, but I have been to England and Scotland many times though. 

Last night I was challenging the idiotic notion that E.U. would reject Scotland's membership, at the same time when they have invited and accepted countries like Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovakia and recently have irresponsibly invited even Ukraine(with some quite serious  consequences). The E.U. is a dysfunctional corrupt union with a joke for a parliament pushing a federal future and a German Hegemony, Too difficult to understand I suppose, especially if instead of a head you got a dickhead.

Nah.

Try again.

Apparently there were 790,000 postal votes which is 18.8% of the electorate. Seems unusually high.

I didnt understand that either but was chatting to one of His Lanky Mate's friends and he was saying all of his family apart from one aunt had voted by post. Dunno why

Guest Pistonbroke

If anyone's looking for a Scottish slant (strange, I know) on the vote BBC Scotland is putting on its own show with real Scottish people on it

I'm off to bed in a bit, If I can't sleep well it is all Scotland's fault...Plus I have a 4 hour return drive to the airport.