You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

I think when Scotland wins it's independence then Wales will be next to get a referendum... Living in Wales I'm not convinced it would be the best idea. I think in some ways cutting out the 'London tax' would be beneficial, but we don't have natural resources like oil, gas and erm, whisky like Scotland do.

I think when Scotland wins it's independence then Wales will be next to get a referendum... Living in Wales I'm not convinced it would be the best idea. I think in some ways cutting out the 'London tax' would be beneficial, but we don't have natural resources like oil, gas and erm, whisky like Scotland do.

My lads mate is convinced we will get independence, it's just not remotely feasible we just don't have the infrastructure to sustain the country

Why so much child abuse in the UK? Is it the weather or is it something else, something deeply rotten in the value system of the British society?

When grown ups turn their sexual attention towards vulnerable children they meant to help and all the institutions from top to the bottom do nothing about it for decades, you have to ask some serious questions about the Telegraph's plea of not breaking the "best Union" ever.

Why so much child abuse in the UK? Is it the weather or is it something else, something deeply rotten in the value system of the British society?

When grown ups turn their sexual attention towards vulnerable children they meant to help and all the institutions from top to the bottom do nothing about it for decades, you have to ask some serious questions about the Telegraph's plea of not breaking the "best Union" ever.

Why so much massacre, murder, rape and disregard for any characteristic of a civilised society in Somalia?

Just because you give them a Cutless, Snapchance and a parrot before bumming them doesn't mean they aren't kids Long John.

I'll give the BBC a call and get back yo you.

It is the flimsiest of links but I was out on my bike earlier and passed Andrew Marr outside one of the big hotels, trying to hail a cab. I was shocked to see how frail he looked.

In other news, I've just had a call from my brother declaring the party a referendum free zone. We'll see...

Any links to the Galloway - Sheridan debate?

I never caught the whole programme but bbc sunday politics on which they where both on, they never debated each other just gave an opinion each. I was expecting so much more.

I watched that clip of the bbc reporting from Glasgow with a load of no vote banners behind the reporter and one solitary yes banner was making itself known getting on screen... The feed was lost then it cut back and it was all no voter banners and the yes vote was removed. It did seem that wee bit naughty of the bbc.

Yes supporters demonstrating outside the BBC's headquarters in Glasgow against perceived bias in the corporation's coverage of the referendum.[/size]

Singing 'shove your licence up your arse'[/size]

http://new.livestream.com/IndependenceLive/BBCBiasV

909411d4c38d9dd8fac89a628b9fccd3.jpg

Its all a bit in the eyes of the beholder, though. Look at who the Beeb got for the No's on the Big Debate the other night

The thing I always find odd about accusations of bias against the BBC is that it seems everyone's convinced it's against them. The left claim its role as the state broadcaster makes it a mouthpiece for the establishment (and therefore the monied right), whilst the right use the old Buggers Broadcasting Communism jibe against it.

I thought the coverage was pretty even handed, Robert Peston's been saying that the news that prices may go up is a nothing statement and they reported the links to the PM pressuring business leaders.

I'm not sure the demo was a great idea, it just makes them look a bit UKIP, sure there's a conspiracy against them.

I watched hope over fear tommy Sheridans speech Jesus think ill move to Scotland. His argument isn't even for independence most of what he says applies to every ordinary person. Westminster is full of thieving cunts and they are shitting on our faces on a daily basis. This speeded up Thatcherism has been a massive wealth and resource grab and any opportunity to push for change should be taken. No matter what happens we need to smash our current system to pieces and start again.

• Upvote 2

The thing I always find odd about accusations of bias against the BBC is that it seems everyone's convinced it's against them. The left claim its role as the state broadcaster makes it a mouthpiece for the establishment (and therefore the monied right), whilst the right use the old Buggers Broadcasting Communism jibe against it.

I thought the coverage was pretty even handed, Robert Peston's been saying that the news that prices may go up is a nothing statement and they reported the links to the PM pressuring business leaders.

I'm not sure the demo was a great idea, it just makes them look a bit UKIP, sure there's a conspiracy against them.

Which would basically include Labour and the Lib Dems these days.