You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

I see Salmond's signed on the dotted line for Murdoch and now the Scum's backing him.

Wonder what promises he's made?

Apparently, and this is very bizarre, North Korea have also issued a message of support for Salmond

With friends like that...

I think whatever way the vote goes the UK will never be the same again. The genie is out and there are going to big changes,,,more devolution, English parliament; hopefully heading towards federalism. I'd also like to see English regional assemblies with real power like Germany's system

Don't think there's a hope in hell for the Tories getting back in next time. They haven't won an election since 1992 - maybe they should start looking at their policies; same for Milliband

Federalism - as in the German model - would drag this country out of the 19th century.  Unpicking the last 150 years is going to take some time though.  I hope you're right, Matty, as it would be the only thing that saves this place.  

I agree wholeheartedly, Peter, old bean

I know you're not but I think the costs of setting up new structures for almost every aspect of life have been hugely underestimated and with all the other unknowables, when it comes down to

it I'm just not prepared to take that big a gamble with my kids' futures

Totally understandable but I hope you reconsider. Scotland is massively wealthy, we will not go bankrupt setting up our own public services. Is voting No not an even bigger gamble? We then gamble on putting up with whatever governments the rest of the UK picks for us ... Boris and Nigel are coming!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's about all I can take of that. If I was a Scot, I couldn't possibly my vote Yes. I think it'd be a silly decision and a rash one. Being sold a vision by Salmond today and he'll be gone tomorrow and they'll be left to pick up the pieces.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I once shagged this bird from Dundee, fucking hell, what an ugly cunt she was; not as bad as this Nicola Sturgeon bint, but fucking hell, I'd rather have shagged Crocodile Dundee.

Some right ugly looking spotty twats in that audience tonight.

Now, I'm going to let it slip just how much of a sad cunt I am. I know people know I'm a sad cunt, but they're not aware of the levels of sad cuntery. Firstly, you're right, they're an ugly bunch. Secondly, in an effort to learn German more fluently, I've been spending my spare time watching way too many YouTube videos of Germans talking about all sorts of things, from shopping trips to ikea to make-up videos, and fucking hell, they're a stunning lot those Germans (Merkel... Not so much). So basically, I've learned a fuck load about women's grooming. Mascara tips, anyone?

Still can't speak German very well, though.

The shame of a "No" answer... Well, seriously. I don't know what to say.

I come from a country that fought for its freedom. Have lived in other countries that fought for their freedom. Have many friends who come from countries that are willing to fight for their freedom.

But Scotland?

Could be worse though: could be talking about the proud nation that is Wales...

I think a YES vote might just be the start of a fundamental shift in the rest of the UK. A massively overdue realisation that the current operating model of politics is not working. It would be the time for activists of every shape and colour to get off their arses and start evangelising. Shake people out of the torpor they've been in for the last 30 years.

Or it'll see Labour shift right in order to try and win the seats they require, and hence the whole landscape shifts right with them.

Or it'll see Labour shift right in order to try and win the seats they require, and hence the whole landscape shifts right with them.

The Scottish Labour party would be able to represent traditional Labour voters.

The useless wankers we have down here have been steadily moving to the right for years, they'd either have to offer a clear alternative to the tories, the tory enablers and ukip or face decades out of power.

That or the void is filled by the Greens who could actually represent the left in this country.