You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

No offence Si, but that is the response of a typical young ignorant person of today.

Out of interest do you refuse to do any of the following

Give to charity in Africa because they could stop the famine by not having any more kids?

Not at all mate i have given in the past despite i dont believe it gets there, Must say my Sister thinks the same as that.

Give to Macmillan Nurses because they did fuck all for you after your family member died?

I havent given to them because i dont have much money and to be honest id sooner give to a Cancer charity or something.

Give to the homeless, because they choose to live on the streets? And threw away a pack lunch that you had given them?

I give to homeless quite a bit ive been there i know how hard it is i wouldnt wish that on anyone, saying that i do know people that choose to and one i know id give my last penny too as he only gets enough for his drink then gives that to charity.

Do you believe that all people on JSA should be forced to work in the likes of Tesco because they are job shy and they are living of our taxes?

Depending on what there holding out for and if what there holding out for is realistic then yeah i do, Job Centre offers you 3 choices and you can say what the bloody hell you like i have a mate that has a Vet a one option he has no GCSE's criminal conviction etc, As long as he applies for that unatainable position he gets his Giro, Real people that are desperate to work would take a job in tesco and tbf they pay quite well i hear. We all should widen our search and sometimes we have to do stuff we dont like, Tescos is by no means dead end its a buisness in which you can Progress and is good for future positions in what you may want to do.

*The above responses are exact responses I have been given by young people in our work the last week. I shit you not.

No offence Si, but that is the response of a typical young ignorant person of today.

Out of interest do you refuse to do any of the following

Give to charity in Africa because they could stop the famine by not having any more kids?

Not at all mate i have given in the past despite i dont believe it gets there, Must say my Sister thinks the same as that.

I like it Si, take the chance is my motto.

Give to Macmillan Nurses because they did fuck all for you after your family member died?

I havent given to them because i dont have much money and to be honest id sooner give to a Cancer charity or something.

MacMillan Nurses are a Cancer Charity mate, they are all about the palatable care of those with terminal cancer and the support for the families during that time as well.

Give to the homeless, because they choose to live on the streets? And threw away a pack lunch that you had given them?

I give to homeless quite a bit ive been there i know how hard it is i wouldnt wish that on anyone, saying that i do know people that choose to and one i know id give my last penny too as he only gets enough for his drink then gives that to charity.

Top man.

Do you believe that all people on JSA should be forced to work in the likes of Tesco because they are job shy and they are living of our taxes?

Depending on what there holding out for and if what there holding out for is realistic then yeah i do,

Job Centre offers you 3 choices and you can say what the bloody hell you like i have a mate that has a Vet a one option he has no GCSE's criminal conviction etc, As long as he applies for that unatainable position he gets his Giro, Real people that are desperate to work would take a job in tesco and tbf they pay quite well i hear. We all should widen our search and sometimes we have to do stuff we dont like, Tescos is by no means dead end its a buisness in which you can Progress and is good for future positions in what you may want to do.

I think you missed the point of my question mate.

Don't let Tesco fool you into thinking that you can make promotion in there easily. It is a dead man's shoes type scenario in a big place like that. Tesco's may not be dead end, but it kills local businesses in it's purchasing of land and building of new stores. The wages are not that great (a wage all the same but they pay pittance for a large company)

I do like your outlook on widening the search for work, and that is commendable. At least some of your views are not shocking and self centred like a lot of the younger people I work with.

I like it Si, take the chance is my motto.

MacMillan Nurses are a Cancer Charity mate, they are all about the palatable care of those with terminal cancer and the support for the families during that time as well.

Top man.

I think you missed the point of my question mate.

Don't let Tesco fool you into thinking that you can make promotion in there easily. It is a dead man's shoes type scenario in a big place like that. Tesco's may not be dead end, but it kills local businesses in it's purchasing of land and building of new stores. The wages are not that great (a wage all the same but they pay pittance for a large company)

I do like your outlook on widening the search for work, and that is commendable. At least some of your views are not shocking and self centred like a lot of the younger people I work with.

Mate right now anything will do me, I looking at starting my own and need money behind me to do that the ho visit inspector is gonna cost me 570 pounds. Theres loads ive gotta do looks like ill be back in a kitchen on the 8th nowt special but im now in a place where if i want to be serious then i cant turn my nose up at a non fine dining Establishment. I wont like it but i wont loose passion because i know why im doing it aswell as that Essex is bloody Expensive and i really need money right now. If i get something before then and its not in a kitchen ill even take that. I read something a few days ago which knocked me sick about the Job Centre Sanction Targets etc, The fact that people with Learning difficulties "Ie my Brother" are more likely to be sanctioned, My brother has the mind of a 12 year old hes 20 years of age could not work for many years and still cant but. The Job centre make him look for work, they will not give him DLA and after reading that its quite clear why.

When are you English paying back the money we have sorted you out with since you got yourself into this mess Si, you will all be Norwegians soon.

Like i said im not political in the slightest just rattled my cage a little same with Ireland so called independent but we gave them 7 billion recently. Its a joke if your on your own you are on your own. Shouldn't be relying on anyone. Anyway ill stop because i will got on to a subject i really dont want to start been a week thats probably brought more out of me in the Independence thing. I am from Warrington after all.

Like i said im not political in the slightest just rattled my cage a little same with Ireland so called independent but we gave them 7 billion recently. Its a joke if your on your own you are on your own. Shouldn't be relying on anyone. Anyway ill stop because i will got on to a subject i really dont want to start been a week thats probably brought more out of me in the Independence thing. I am from Warrington after all.

This country is also massively in debt....

Comparing this to northern ireland is very naive

You lot should have your independence, wazza, st helens and all the bit in between should be cut out and cast into the bering sea to begin the struggle for survival.

This country is also massively in debt....

Comparing this to northern ireland is very naive

You lot should have your independence, wazza, st helens and all the bit in between should be cut out and cast into the bering sea to begin the struggle for survival.

Thats what i mean, as for the Wazza thing only Chavs call it that.

Did the UK loan Ireland 7 billion recently? I honestly wasnt aware of this. I thought the EU more likely would.

Where has their alliance with France come from?

Long time ago mate if England attacked Scotland wed have France to deal with. Pathetic if you ask me haha. Oi well Surrendar ti Anywun da da da da hahaha

Si, where do you stand on setting off a series of seismic charges north of Hadrian's Wall, severing Scotland from the mainland, and watching it float off into the Arctic Ocean?

Personally I'd be gutted to lose Glen Coe as it's my favourite place on the planet. But sometimes you have to push your own selfish needs aside and concentrate on the bigger picture.