You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

In terms of gives reasons to wars Ireland given indipendence was not enough some twat cuntish Terrorist organisation want Northern Ireland too, With scotland youd get the same wanting the high north of England. Despite them not really giving a fuck. Its just greed if you ask me they have made their fucking bed they should fucking lie in it.

British History 101.

This issue is far more complex than prescriptions and subsidies. I am broadly in favour of it but have loads of serious questions which noone has answered.

Take the oil for example. It would rightly belong to Scotland after independence, but I would the past investments by the UK simply be written off.

The Banks were massively bailed out by the UK tax payer. Would Scotland have to reimburse the UK?

Defence. It's ok for Scotland to say we will get rid of nuclear when our neighbour has a massively deterrent a few miles down the road. We should contribute.

There is loads more complicated issues particularly with regards finance taht I cannot figure out how it will work.

Oh and Simon. Be quiet you imbecile.

This issue is far more complex than prescriptions and subsidies. I am broadly in favour of it but have loads of serious questions which noone has answered.

Take the oil for example. It would rightly belong to Scotland after independence, but I would the past investments by the UK simply be written off.

The Banks were massively bailed out by the UK tax payer. Would Scotland have to reimburse the UK?

Defence. It's ok for Scotland to say we will get rid of nuclear when our neighbour has a massively deterrent a few miles down the road. We should contribute.

There is loads more complicated issues particularly with regards finance taht I cannot figure out how it will work.

Oh and Simon. Be quiet you imbecile.

Mate its their fucking fault this country is on its fucking arse right now they can get fucked if they think they just gonna run away. Its actualy insulting that its up for debate maybe when they repay the bail outs and this country gets sorted by them then yeah fair dos go indipendant but until they undo it all they can lie in the fucking bed they made. I am actually fuming typing this right now. I cant call myself a uk Tax payer untill the 8th of April but i have been and quite frankly its fucking insulting.

I'd be sad to see them go as i regard myself as British rather than English.

Understand that they hate the Tories but then do most of the North of England and most metropolitan areas.

Think we're both stronger together rather than apart... you're average family from Glasgow is almost identical to your average family from Liverpool apart from the accent and alcoholism so why put barriers in between?

Plus i think Salmond, although a fantastic politician, is as slimy and self serving as any politician produced in these islands

You're fuming and insulted but haven't actual paid any tax. Ok.

Scottish industry both financial and engineering have contributed massively to the UK for centuries. I am not a Scot and only moved here however the longer you spend here the more you realise how culturally and socially the north massively differs from the south of England.

The southern bias was bad enough living in Liverpool but it is 10 times worse up here. The Scots in general don't want anything from England just the ability to set their own priories, be that free university education prescriptions or whatever.

You're fuming and insulted but haven't actual paid any tax. Ok.

Scottish industry both financial and engineering have contributed massively to the UK for centuries. I am not a Scot and only moved here however the longer you spend here the more you realise how culturally and socially the north massively differs from the south of England.

The southern bias was bad enough living in Liverpool but it is 10 times worse up here. The Scots in general don't want anything from England just the ability to set their own priories, be that free university education prescriptions or whatever.

And as ive said once they sort there shit out etc and repay and get this country out of the shit they caused, then ill support them going independent. Your talking about peoples attitude that are normal life not the Highers the people that run the countries.

Mate its their fucking fault this country is on its fucking arse right now they can get fucked if they think they just gonna run away. Its actualy insulting that its up for debate maybe when they repay the bail outs and this country gets sorted by them then yeah fair dos go indipendant but until they undo it all they can lie in the fucking bed they made. I am actually fuming typing this right now. I cant call myself a uk Tax payer untill the 8th of April but i have been and quite frankly its fucking insulting.

Thank you AJP Taylor.

Sorry Simon I've no idea what you are talking about.

Scotland did not cause the economic collapse yes some one the banks involved was RBS, guess what it is now owned by the UK.

I would argue that an independent Scotland would have less reliance upon dodgy finance than a huge part of England based in the city of London. The further we can get away from that the better for Scotland.

And incidentally Simon England cannot grant independence. If the Scots want it they take it.

The UK are mugs Financially they bail every fucker out dispite being in the shit them selves.

No offence Si, but that is the response of a typical young ignorant person of today.

Out of interest do you refuse to do any of the following

Give to charity in Africa because they could stop the famine by not having any more kids?

Give to Macmillan Nurses because they did fuck all for you after your family member died?

Give to the homeless, because they choose to live on the streets? And threw away a pack lunch that you had given them?

Do you believe that all people on JSA should be forced to work in the likes of Tesco because they are job shy and they are living of our taxes?

*The above responses are exact responses I have been given by young people in our work the last week. I shit you not.

Sorry Simon I've no idea what you are talking about.

Scotland did not cause the economic collapse yes some one the banks involved was RBS, guess what it is now owned by the UK.

I would argue that an independent Scotland would have less reliance upon dodgy finance than a huge part of England based in the city of London. The further we can get away from that the better for Scotland.

And incidentally Simon England cannot grant independence. If the Scots want it they take it.

Aye, they did say we would never take their freedom.

Fair fucks to them for that.