You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

F1 2013 - Is Vettel a dick?

Baltar

So Vettel is getting a bit of a pasting from the press for ignoring team orders and overtaking his team mate Webber in Malaysia. I thought it made the race pretty exciting. Why race if you don't intend to win? Telling a 3 time champion to ease off and let another guy win is a bit daft.

fair play to him. he is saying to webber 'fuck off ya cunt, i'm the better driver. put your cock away'.

i thought hamilton pitting in the mclaren lane was the best bit. apart from webbers face at the end the fucking queg.

i'd also fuck the flip flops off nicole scherzinger

If they have told both drivers to turn down their engines and one ignores this and overtakes, he is defo in the wrong. They have told Webber to ease of and preserve his engine for future races only for Vettel to ignore the order and fly past him.

If they have told both drivers to turn down their engines and one ignores this and overtakes, he is defo in the wrong. They have told Webber to ease of and preserve his engine for future races only for Vettel to ignore the order and fly past him.

thats a load of bollocks though dont you think? they should all want to win. i couldn't give a shit who wins the constructors championship.

I thought it was a pretty shite thing to do if, as reported, Webber had been told he wouldn’t try to pass him and so therefore had slowed to an extent. Vettel is saying he wasn’t aware of the instruction, but reading between the lines of all the team peoples comments, I think he probably knew. Apparently there’s history between Webber and Vettel.

However, I’ve seen Vettel interviewed a few times and he comes across very well and seems to be a good laugh. So all in all I think it’s good for spicing things up a tad. However, all things considered (that I’m aware of) I think Vettel was out of order.

EDIT - and we can say "fuck team orders" all we want but they are an intrinsic part of racing and have been for decades. The constructors championship is as important as the drivers championship to the teams.

thats a load of bollocks though dont you think? they should all want to win. i couldn't give a shit who wins the constructors championship.

Not really, you either banish team orders or abide to them. If team orders like that come over the radio, you should follow them. Webber follows orders, turns down his engine and is then in no real position to defend. Vettel knows he's protected so can do what the fuck he likes. Imagine if webber went fully defensive a wiped Vettel out. He would have been hung out to dry by Red Bull. Webber has yielded in the past for Vettel to help him win championships and Vettel knows he is in the wrong.

I thought it was a pretty shite thing to do if, as reported, Webber had been told he wouldn’t try to pass him and so therefore had slowed to an extent. Vettel is saying he wasn’t aware of the instruction, but reading between the lines of all the team peoples comments, I think he probably knew. Apparently there’s history between Webber and Vettel.

However, I’ve seen Vettel interviewed a few times and he comes across very well and seems to be a good laugh. So all in all I think it’s good for spicing things up a tad. However, all things considered (that I’m aware of) I think Vettel was out of order.

EDIT - and we can say "fuck team orders" all we want but they are an intrinsic part of racing and have been for decades. The constructors championship is as important as the drivers championship to the teams.

Not to me, hence "fuck team orders".

Not really, you either banish team orders or abide to them. If team orders like that come over the radio, you should follow them. Webber follows orders, turns down his engine and is then in no real position to defend. Vettel knows he's protected so can do what the fuck he likes. Imagine if webber went fully defensive a wiped Vettel out. He would have been hung out to dry by Red Bull. Webber has yielded in the past for Vettel to help him win championships and Vettel knows he is in the wrong.

i know what your saying but webber is a cock. and f1 is so boring lately that shit like this gives me a semi.

The whole "team orders"shit ruins the sport for many.

Whilst i enjoyed Vettel and Webber actually racing. Vettel was being an absolute cunt after the sacrifices Webber has had to make for him to win championships.

Racing drivers should race that is what the sport is all about.

I actually thought the situation with Hamilton and Rosberg was worse as Hamiltons tyres were gone, and Rosberg was way faster than him near the end. Hamilton was struggling to keep his car straight,whilst Rosberg was coasting and still right up his arse.

The whole sport would be better with 1 team 1 car. Proper racing to the finish.

I'd normally agreed but when Vettel has always been more than happy to follow team orders because they favour him but as soon as some come over which don't , he basically ignores them and fucks his team-mate over. If he'd have said in the past 'let us race' when webber was challenging or even leading, I'd have a bit of respect for Vettels decision.

I hope he has non-stop problems all season now.

The whole "team orders"shit ruins the sport for many.

Whilst i enjoyed Vettel and Webber actually racing. Vettel was being an absolute cunt after the sacrifices Webber has had to make for him to win championships.

Racing drivers should race that is what the sport is all about.

I actually thought the situation with Hamilton and Rosberg was worse as Hamiltons tyres were gone, and Rosberg was way faster than him near the end. Hamilton was struggling to keep his car straight,whilst Rosberg was coasting and still right up his arse.

The whole sport would be better with 1 team 1 car. Proper racing to the finish.

agreed. and green and red shells.

Guest davelfc

How many times has Webber held off to let Vettel win?

I like Vettel, but I can see how Webber would be pissed off.

Not that I watch the F1 any more, I can't stand a sport where the winner can lose to a decision a few days later, especially when that frog faced cunt Todt runs the bent FIA.

It is not right for Vettel to take Webber when they have both been told to cool engines and Webber does and but Vettel doesn't as he gains an unfair advantage.

However it is a race and that what Vettel was doing and it was a lot better to watch than Rosberg just following Hamilton around the track. It was quite funny to listen to to him crying on the radio and Brawn telling him to deal with it which was a lot more authoritative than Red Bull telling Vettel not to be silly.

These too have previous as well with them crashing into each other when overtaking and both have ignored team orders in the past to overtake the other.

F1 is starting to become a bit dull again with Vettel dominating in Schumacher type fashion in another unbeatable Adrian Newey designed car. I think Alonso is probably the best driver, Hamilton and Raikonnen both know how to race and win, but it's all a bit futile in the knowledge that Red Bull have the car to deliver another championship for Vettel. I think it's bad for the spectator when the same driver and car dominate year in, year out. We get about one race in five that actually provides any actual excitement and they more often than not involve rain.

As for the team orders thing, it's not as if it would have cost Vettel his likely procession to another championship if he had asceeded to Webber yesterday and he could have then maybe called in a favour later in the season when he may have actually needed it. I thought it was a shitty thing to do, Webber seems a decent lad for an Aussie.

Up there with Snooker as the most mind numbing, boring shite imaginable.

This. I'd also include horse racing unless you're actually there and you can get pissed and have a laugh

Got a freebie to the British Grand Prix 2 years ago and it was full of car dweebs and fucking dull and loud

Drive to win and finish wherever you finish. That the way it should be. Preserving engines and letting team mates pass you is a load of shite. It's not a team sport.

But, if Vettel has played by team orders before to suit him then it's a bit cuntish to do what he did.

Of course it is.