You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

JAC is based in America I think mate - and yeah, I'm fine off the biffs til I get drunk and then it all goes to shit. Tired of the cold-turkey -> drunken cigarette binge cycle so I'm just vaping.

Thanks.

Went to their site and it's down for maintenance but I'll check back in later.

I've been looking at quite a few other brands. Really I just want something with a good volume of vapor. That was the main downfall of the tobacco shop ones I've used, just not enough volume on the inhale/exhale, also I found they died fast an while I knew where to get them the shop closes early.

900mAh will be fine for getting a good toke mate, anything under 650mAh is gonna be a bit weak and you'll been sucking it like Katie Perry's titties just to get a kick. If you are gonna use it mostly in the house, that bigger kit should be ace but you might wanna get something for outdoors though too.

This is my kit anyhoo, keeping the Green Smoke as emergency backup. Nowt wrong with it, just wanted something a bit more fancy.

BHg_5h2CcAE1vM0.jpg:large

JAC Vapour 900mAh manual battery with clearomizer and the other is the spare auto battery with JAC cartomizer.

Pony

How much did the smaller one of the two cost and what do you think of it. I like the look of it.

Pony

How much did the smaller one of the two cost and what do you think of it. I like the look of it.

The black one was £40 iirc, and that was 2 x 650mAh battery, charger and 5 empty cartomizers. That is the JAC vapour vGo2 kit Vgo2 Auto 650 starter kit - STARTER KITS - All Products. I really like it and would definitely recommend but I was not a heavy smoker, maybe about 9 a day. If you are a heavy smoker you need something powerful like the other one I have.

The other one - the silver sex toy looking one, and the one I would put the Pony Princess seal of approval on is the same kit except I bought an extra 950mAh battery, and a clearomizer which screws on, holds a lot more liquid and doesn't taste weird and hit and miss as it starts to get low. If you are looking to quit smoking I would recommend one of these.

You can get a clearomizer and the 950mAh battery from the shop I recommended in town (and seriously, if i give this legend any more leads I'm gonna have to start asking the guy for commission because he is boss) or off various websites. This beast puts out a load of vapour and if you are a nicotine fiend and put the strong e-liquid in this will be right up your street. This is the only thing that stops me hitting the fags when I am out on the piss.

Tbh, if you looking to stop the biffs and start vaping - 2 x 950mAh vGo battery and a clearomizer, and some good e-juice and you'll be sorted. Drop me a PM if you like mate.

The black one was £40 iirc, and that was 2 x 650mAh battery, charger and 5 empty cartomizers. That is the JAC vapour vGo2 kit Vgo2 Auto 650 starter kit - STARTER KITS - All Products. I really like it and would definitely recommend but I was not a heavy smoker, maybe about 9 a day. If you are a heavy smoker you need something powerful like the other one I have.

The other one - the silver sex toy looking one, and the one I would put the Pony Princess seal of approval on is the same kit except I bought an extra 950mAh battery, and a clearomizer which screws on, holds a lot more liquid and doesn't taste weird and hit and miss as it starts to get low. If you are looking to quit smoking I would recommend one of these.

You can get a clearomizer and the 950mAh battery from the shop I recommended in town (and seriously, if i give this legend any more leads I'm gonna have to start asking the guy for commission because he is boss) or off various websites. This beast puts out a load of vapour and if you are a nicotine fiend and put the strong e-liquid in this will be right up your street. This is the only thing that stops me hitting the fags when I am out on the piss.

Tbh, if you looking to stop the biffs and start vaping - 2 x 950mAh vGo battery and a clearomizer, and some good e-juice and you'll be sorted. Drop me a PM if you like mate.

Im of the biffs since last week I got the greensmoke pack to try it out. althrough its pretty good im looking for something with more of a hit.

Im of the biffs since last week I got the greensmoke pack to try it out. althrough its pretty good im looking for something with more of a hit.

I hear you bro. I started the Green Smokes to see if e-cigs would be my thing, they are but if you are going to do it long term something like the JAC's is better only because the Green Smoke cartomizers are so damn expensive and they don't carry much of a kick when you need it.

Drop me a message if you wanna talk what e-biff's to get. Don't want to spam the GF with a convo.

32554__safe_twilight-sparkle_artist-kloudmutt_cigarette_future-twilight_eyepatch_headband_scar.png

Wetherspoons == wankers.

"The issue of whether or not electronic cigarettes can be used in our pubs has been considered at the highest levels within the company.

We have also, on occasions, experienced customers attempting to pass real cigarettes off as electronic cigarettes, resulting in customers actually trying to smoke in the pub.

Although these incidents are rare, they can result in the pub being heavily fined.

Therefore, due to the problems experienced with the monitoring of these cigarettes, we can confirm that we do not permit the use of electronic cigarettes in our pubs"

To be continued.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright then. I am liking this too much to stop just yet, so I am going to buy a better puff stick.

Here is my list of demands:

* Decent (all day) battery life and I need to be able to leave it on charge overnight without it burning out, even if it is partially charged before I start.

* Auto-activating. I am not going to be pressing a button to inhale.

* Need to see how much liquid is left in the thingy and when the battery is getting low.

* Smaller than a lightsaber.

I would also like to be able to adjust the voltage.

I have been digging around on some of the websites and I don't really have a clue what to buy. I have a vague idea that I will need a battery and another thingy, but some of these sites have millions of little bits of thingies.

Can anyone help? I just want to buy the bastard thing tonight but it's a bloody minefield.

Alright then. I am liking this too much to stop just yet, so I am going to buy a better puff stick.

Here is my list of demands:

* Decent (all day) battery life and I need to be able to leave it on charge overnight without it burning out, even if it is partially charged before I start.

* Need to see how much liquid is left in the thingy and when the battery is getting low.

* Smaller than a lightsaber.

I would also like to be able to adjust the voltage.

I have been digging around on some of the websites and I don't really have a clue what to buy. I have a vague idea that I will need a battery and another thingy, but some of these sites have millions of little bits of thingies.

Can anyone help? I just want to buy the bastard thing tonight but it's a bloody minefield.

Great stuff mate. A month off the analogues for me yesterday and feeling great.

So here we go:

You need more than one battery mate, always have one for back-up. But if you want something that will last a day go for over 900mAh but they will be

big. Best thing to do is accept you should carry a spare battery.

That is cool man but the manual batteries last longer both daily, and life-wise. Auto-batteries have the vapour run through them. Vapour and an electrical thing don't mix. You are much better off with manuals.

You need a clearomizer. These are the things where you have the liquid in. I have one of these and it is the best way IMHO of vaping. The cartomizers (you just drip the liquid into a cotton thingy) just ain't as good. This is mine, 3.5ml. Couldn't be happier with it. Connects with the standard JAC vapour battery. Bear in mind if you use a clearomizer you do need a 900mAh+ battery or it just won't get much vapour off it:

IMAG0044_zps52c93372.jpg

* Adjustable voltage

Loads of kits available mate but they are usually quite big.

I've said it before but Rhojans in town has everything you can get for the above in stock. Drop me a PM if you like bud, couldn't be happier with the kit I got from there.

Gonna be difficult for me to pop in to that store as I live in London.

With the manual ones, do you have to hold the button down while you are toking? I get what you are saying, but it sounds like hassle.

I'm happy enough to buy two batteries, but I want to be able to whack it on the charger for as long or as short a time as I feel like. My current one is quite specific about only charging it once it's run out and only until it's charged and not longer.

Some of the clearomizers seem pretty big. I want the whole kit to be not much larger than a king size cigarette.

I can give the adjustable voltage a miss if the performance doesn't degrade too much as the charge runs down.

Any recommendations based on that lot?

I have similar questions to Zig but im not in Liverpool, is there a forum that reviews all the best e-cigs available or something. There are so many you just dont know which one to go with....

And one thing i noticed since i got my first one is that the technology seems to be ever changing?

With the manual ones, do you have to hold the button down while you are toking? I get what you are saying, but it sounds like hassle.

I'm happy enough to buy two batteries, but I want to be able to whack it on the charger for as long or as short a time as I feel like. My current one is quite specific about only charging it once it's run out and only until it's charged and not longer.

Some of the clearomizers seem pretty big. I want the whole kit to be not much larger than a king size cigarette.

I can give the adjustable voltage a miss if the performance doesn't degrade too much as the charge runs down.

Obviously Pony knows more than me mate, but i have a real slim one here already its this one:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=innokin+510-t&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=UlB4UYeDLOnF0QX59IDYAg&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=642

Its slim and slick looking, it doesnt have a cotton thing that you drip the juice on to, it had a piece on the end that you fill up and you can visibly see how much is left

But......

The batter isnt strong, the stronger the battery the better the throat hit, and the lower nicotine strength you will need. Weaker batteries dont give you that hit the same as a normal fag (which for me is a big thing)

Also with these smaller e-cigs you dont get as much smoke, and some drags can be a little dry and have a burning kind of taste.

i got mine a couple of years ago and im thinking of upgrading to this one:

iTaste VV iClear 16 Kit - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin

still looks pretty slick and has the clearomiser that pony was talking about

my mate runs an e-cig shop and really recommends it, problem is he is taking the piss to get any in stock so it had me looking around at what else is around....and i agree with you, its a minefield!

The manual battery was a bit different for me but as soon as I got used to it, it was ace. You get a lot more power from them when you press it, I felt like with the manuals I was sucking like it was a nice ladies titties just to get a 'cigarette-like' hit of smoke. With the manuals you get an actual lungful.

With regard to the charging, i think it depends on the quality of the kit you have. I have one manual JAC battery and two auto's. The usb charger fits them all the manual (950mAh) lasts all day without a charge but I usually have one of the spare auto's just in case.

The clearomizers come in 3.5ml (the big one I have) or a smaller which I think is 1.5ml. If you are using a clearomizer they ain't gonna look like a bifter, just a bifter with a glass thing on the end.

It sounds like your current kit is getting a bit run down with regard to batteries and that, and you just need to up your kit a little. I was the same after I'd been using the green smoke stuff for about 2 weeks. I realized I was into it, but I needed something a bit more long term and maintainable.

So do you have to hold the button down while you toke, basically?

You hold it down for a second before to heat the coil then take a puff on it while holding down. Gives you a proper lungful of vapour. Once your are used to it, it is a lot more natural than the autos which can be like suck slowly suck again and eventually get something.

I may actually prefer that. Thanks for your advice mate.

Deffo recommend it mate. Much like actually having a quote smoke end quote and that is kinda the point I imagine because if smoking an ecig is frustrating it is just gonna send you back to the analogues. A good ecig setup and you'll never want to go back to that shit again.

One thing I forgot to mention is the e liquid itself. Gotta find one you like, and the right strength but my personal fave is liberty flights menthol mist. Proper smokey taste with menthol, produces loads of vapour and just a great juice overall. Anypony else got any recommendations? Liberty flights menthol ice is also nice too.

Deffo recommend it mate. Much like actually having a quote smoke end quote and that is kinda the point I imagine because if smoking an ecig is frustrating it is just gonna send you back to the analogues. A good ecig setup and you'll never want to go back to that shit again.

One thing I forgot to mention is the e liquid itself. Gotta find one you like' date=' and the right strength but my personal fave is liberty flights menthol mist. Proper smokey taste with menthol, produces loads of vapour and just a great juice overall. Anypony else got any recommendations? Liberty flights menthol ice is also nice too.[/quote']

Not sure what menthol i like the most yet but I think it's the best for a throat kick, with other flavours I have to take a bigger drag then it can make me cough.

Another vote for the Innokin iTaste VV, I use a 1.6 claeromizer with it. The battery is a bit big but who gives a fuck, it's a new hobby that won't kill me.

Anypony else got any recommendations? Liberty flights menthol ice is also nice too.

The redbull/energy drink one is my fav, excellent taste!

Pineapple wasnt bad either, quite tangy

Ive head blueberry cheese cake is meant to be really nice but havent tried it......thats next on the hitlist

One thing i noticied with my old innokin is that after a few drags the flavour wasnt so strong, whats it like with the newer kits you use......is every drag as flavourful as they last?

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

I know I'm going to get abuse however anybody tried clear air...its free and cleanish and at this time of year particularly pleasant and the great news is you don't look a burkwith some piece of plastic hanging out your chops! Electronic smoking? And 'satisfying lungs full of vapour'! Turnsmy stomach to be honest! Right I'm off to the gym!