You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just a decent clearomiser and an eGo battery will do you fine. Something like the Kangertech that Stouffer mentioned above. Pop into the local shop and they'll sort you out quickly, shouldn't be more than about £25

These people are getting rave reviews at the moment, although they're not the cheapest

http://www.naturevape.co.uk/store/#!/~/category/id=8500271&offset=0&sort=normal

Thanks for that. Will this do? Do I need anything else other than some of the liquid?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vision-Spinner-2-VV-1650-MAH-Battery-Kanger-Kangertech-Mini-Protank-3-USB-/261534160623?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&var=&hash=item3ce4a696ef

That looks ok.

Liquid is like wine, tends to be personal as to what flavour you like. I've moved off tobacco flavours and mostly use fruit or menthol these days. Depending on your smoking habits, you need to decide what nicotine level you want. Very heavy smokers may use up to about 36mg, average smokers either 18 or 24mg, light smokers about 12mg.

Probably worth ordering a sample kit to start with where you get small amounts of different ones to try, or go to a shop where they let you try them out. I don't order from the UK so someone else might be able to let you know who is good there

• Upvote 1

That looks ok.

Liquid is like wine, tends to be personal as to what flavour you like. I've moved off tobacco flavours and mostly use fruit or menthol these days. Depending on your smoking habits, you need to decide what nicotine level you want. Very heavy smokers may use up to about 36mg, average smokers either 18 or 24mg, light smokers about 12mg.

Probably worth ordering a sample kit to start with where you get small amounts of different ones to try, or go to a shop where they let you try them out. I don't order from the UK so someone else might be able to let you know who is good there

Thanks for that, I ordered the slightly more expensive one as there was less than a fiver in it.

I'll order a sample pack to try and get an idea of what i like. Thanks for the help.

No , I'm buying mostly original gear , which isn't cheap , but I figure if I don't like it I can always sell it for not much of a loss on one of the vaping forums. That's an origen V2 RDA , cost me $100 2nd hand , but it was in as new condition when I got it. The viggo mod was bought brand new , and I'm pretty happy with it , magnetic switch with a locking ring that turns a half or 3/4 turn to lock and has an inset switch with a throw of 1mm or less.

Good gear. Got a few originals but have to admit that I tend to get most stuff from China now. Obviously not as good quality and can be a bit hit and miss on some of the clones. However you can get some good stuff if you spend a while checking out the reviews and it can be as low as 10% of the price

Thanks for the all the recommendations.

My kit turned up today and tried it with http://www.gecigarette.co.uk/usa-mix 18mg nicotine. All working very well and early indications are that I see no reason to back to the real thing.

I guess they are susceptible to failures, are there any spare parts I should have to hand just in case?

Also, the spinner 2 battery seems very good and offer variable voltage but is a bit on the large side. Any smaller batteries you can recommend. I think the type is a 510 style for my kangatech mini v3. Ta.

Any of the eGo-type batteries will work. The smaller they are, the less time they last but you can get quite a small 650mah battery that will be a fair bit shorter

I've ordered two of the egos and some of the Moors ejuice (and a couple of the wackier ones like dandelion and burdock!)

I'll let you know how they are.

You can, if you don't mind paying a little extra, use a U stand to reduce the length. Picture attached shows one with a Vision Spinner with a Kayfun Mini. A small eGo battery and a Protank would be a bit shorter. That one cost me about £20 but I think you can get them from China for a lot less now

Posted Image

Yep, many clearomisers are shorter than many batteries so you need the angle to prevent you from having to eat the battery when taking a drag. I'd also be tempted to buy a drip tip or two when ordering as they tend to cost about a quid and I prefer ceramic or plastic ones to metal. Fasttech are good and very cheap but worth knowing that orders can take anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks so it's a bit of a wait.

• Upvote 1

Yep, many clearomisers are shorter than many batteries so you need the angle to prevent you from having to eat the battery when taking a drag. I'd also be tempted to buy a drip tip or two when ordering as they tend to cost about a quid and I prefer ceramic or plastic ones to metal. Fasttech are good and very cheap but worth knowing that orders can take anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks so it's a bit of a wait.

Great ordered that, a couple of liquids and a ceramic tip too. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...