You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Been on them for over 3 years and haven't looked back.

Started (after being quit for 12 months) with one of those piss poor TECC standard units from off the street in Bangkok, which was great at the time, but a bit like passing your driving test and thinking your first car is the best in the world.

Tried pretty much most products and websites, but always end up going back to Totally Wicked in Blackburn, firstly because the quality of the product is great, and secondly because it's close enough to go in and buy over the counter.

Current set up is an EgoC+ large battery (or 4) and the Krystal Tank, with 1.8 atomizers, although 2.4 will do at a push. The 1.8 just gives a more unrestricted draw, the downside being it uses more liquid. I do also use an EgoC+ tank. The Krystal is pretty much maintenance free, the EgoC+ gives a better throat hit, but can suffer from burning about half the time, the atomizer needs priming before each draw, plus it holds half the amount of the Krystal.

Liquid-wise I mix my own, to about 11-14mg strength, with a menthol taste. Can be a little hit and miss the first couple of times you attempt to DIY, but once you've got the ratios correct it's a no brainer: 500ml of complete liquid costs under £60, and lasts about 6 months.

• 1 month later...

I bit the bullet today and went to my local shop and spent about 80 mins there looking at different batteries/systems and flavours. The guys were ace and I could have spent longer in there but had to get back to work. In the end I went for their starter kit http://www.berkshirevapers.co.uk/Single_starter_kit/p2168218_9880357.aspx

and some red tobacco 1.8mg mix. 

I know that this battery is small enough that I'll be able to take it comfortably to the pub as size is most important here.  I'm finding that my technique is very hit and miss tonight though having previously been using GreenSmoke e-cigs and obviously I have a new flavour to get used to.

I also tried a 1300mAh spinner battery which didn't make much difference and I was struggling to find any good flavours - they had a coffee and a red cola which was a good hit and good flavour but neither was to my taste. The vanilla and Caramel which I thought I would have liked were weak in terms of flavour and vapour until I tried the vanilla with something similar to this beast http://www.ukecigstore.com/e-cigarette-kits/combo-kits/innokin-itaste-vtr-3380.html which I might be tempted to get for home use - the vanilla was transformed from weak to perfect.

Is that a reasonable kind of system for home use for about £50? (It's not the exact one they had in the shop but it's the same look ie a block with the tank sticking out of one end). 

Yep, haven't got one myself but the VTR is supposed to be pretty good and that's not a bad price. If you don't mind waiting about 4 weeks for delivery, you can order if a bit cheaper from Fasttech in China on link below. You would need to buy battery and charger separately but you'd still save a few quid. On batteries, make sure you get named ones. For that device, I'd suggest AW IMR 18650 or a Sony 18650VTC4. Also you want a decent charger, Nitecore or Xtar would be good

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004594/1504902-authentic-innokin-vtr-variable-voltage-wattage-e

Kinda struggling tonight with the amount of vapour - not throat hit but vapour - I like to breathe out a lot of vapour otherwise it feels a bit like smoking a Silk Cut when used to a Marlbroro Light - is this technique because sometimes I get it but most times I don't - or battery/system?

Vapour can be affected by a number of things but the easiest thing to do is make sure that you use a liquid with a high percentage of VG

Roughly, PG increases throat hit and carries flavour better whilst VG provides lots of visible vapour. If you like clouds coming out of your mouth, go for a liquid that has 80% or more VG

Yep, dual coils basically allow you to heat up more liquid and get more vapour whilst keeping the resistance low. Your batteries will drain a bit quicker and if you're building coils yourself you need to make sure that you know what you're doing but store-bought dual coils will take that hassle away

My tank is a Vivi Nova V5. Been using it since before Christmas with a £30 variable voltage battery. I don't use the VV function on it often but the quality of the battery makes the hit a lot smoother than when using a cheaper alternative.

Is there much difference between the iClear and the Vivi Nova tanks?

• 3 weeks later...

Have still managed to stay off the tobacco, it just started to get a bit disgusting in the end. Had a roll when my brother's friend was down a few weeks back but it didn't make me crave them at all really and haven't had one since.

Just got cherry choc t-juice today anyway, it's amazing and am kind of addicted to it. Am trying to cut down on vaping at the moment and get the feeling this is going to make it quite a bit harder, but will still manage it soon hopefully! I'm getting a strange coffee/cappuccino-like taste from the cherry choc too, really nice.

I have iclear 16b and a vivi nova mini. You get a hell of a vape from the iclear but I do find it a bit dry in comparison; can't explain it any better. The iclear never leaks as the vivi has a tendency to on rare occasions but I still regularly use the vivi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been on and off smoker for about 10 years and noticed that I'm starting to stray when I've had a beer lately.

Not a huge smoker, generally Marlboro lights, and never more than about 5 a day but about twice that when I have a session. If I'm going waver this seems like a better option for me.

Can someone recommend me a kit in view of the above please. Thanks.

Just a decent clearomiser and an eGo battery will do you fine. Something like the Kangertech that Stouffer mentioned above. Pop into the local shop and they'll sort you out quickly, shouldn't be more than about £25

These people are getting rave reviews at the moment, although they're not the cheapest

http://www.naturevape.co.uk/store/#!/~/category/id=8500271&offset=0&sort=normal

• Upvote 1