You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We'd need to know what she's using at the minute, Lee. Which kind of mod (battery) does she have and which tank is the one giving her grief? All of the tips are going to be metal or plastic although it's not difficult to find one that won't spit juice onto her lips (fnar) unless she's smoking it whilst she's upside down (fnar again).

I'm currently using an Uwell D1 tank and I have to say I absolutely love it. So much so I actually got myself a spare tank. Flavour is fantastic, coils last forever and yes, it doesn't leak, at least not in normal use. The airflow is at the top like a lot of these anti leak tanks so normal problems of leakage are done away with. If it has one shortcoming it's that it will leak if turned upside down - a small problem if like me you carry it in your bag when going to work. Other than that I can't recommended it enough.

Talking of mods my first proper one the kangertech subox went berserk last week. Burnt out two coils (the first time happened when it was loose in my bag so gave it the benefit of doubt) and got hot enough on the second occasion to melt the plastic in the drip tip of my tank. Lasted a little longer than the nine months mentioned earlier but not by much. 

Not asking for me but could do with some advice for my mum.

She was fine vaping but the kit she had was either leaking shit onto her lip or she had a reaction to both metal and plastic bits.

Anyone have similar problems and sorted ot with another kit?

Often it's not enough power going to the coil that causes liquid going into the mouth. The ecig is not vapourising efficiently. There's usually a wattage range printed on the coils. If your below that the coil gets saturated, above it and it'll burn out quickly and not taste great.

The mods (battery bit) are much of a muchness. Often style and power are the deciding factors. The tanks and coils are the business end and it takes a while to find one that works for you. Tanks with top airflow don't tend to leak. There are quite a few out there now. If you're trying to quit smoking then look for a tank that can take coils above 1ohm because you'd probably be drawing the vapour into your mouth and then inhaling, like a normal cig (mouth to lung).

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased with the Nautilus X tanks. Had no bother with them at all and it's a welcome change.

Also, been using the one pound eliquid site for a while now and I can't fault it.

https://www.onepoundeliquid.com

The only downside is that what they have in stock varies weekly so if you have a favourite then sometimes it might not be there. I've tried about 10 of them so far though and they've all been sound. Much more flavour to them than LT which is where I used buy from.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OK, it's that time of year again.  Gearing up for the annual, "I WILL quit smoking this year, honest!" Event.

So with that in mind, I was going to revisit the ecig thing.  I tried them years ago, and it just wasn't there yet.  Didn't help that I bought a cheap knock-off.  It was a PITA to fill, had 0 throat hit and the battery was always dead/dying and producing a crap vape. 

I'm thinking the tech has probably come on a bit since then so I'm gonna give it another go.

So, I need some advice for a brand name starter kit, that's decently reliable, easy to fill and has good throat hit.

What say you?

Never smoked, got no problem with smokers, and I know it's hard to stop. People need to smoke for certain reasons, I understand.

Regarding motivation to quit, the money saved must be a huge factor, after your health obviously. I mean 20 a day is what £300 pm?

£3.5 per year, wow. Good luck Rottie mate.

Never smoked, got no problem with smokers, and I know it's hard to stop. People need to smoke for certain reasons, I understand.

Regarding motivation to quit, the money saved must be a huge factor, after your health obviously. I mean 20 a day is what £300 pm?

£3.5 per year, wow. Good luck Rottie mate.

Cheers mate.  My biggest issue is I am a control freak and it does my head in that a dumb packet of cigs has power over me.  I dance to his tune!

Cheers mate.  My biggest issue is I am a control freak and it does my head in that a dumb packet of cigs has power over me.  I dance to his tune!

Read the Alan Carr book.

I've not touched a cigarette for four years and know I will never touch another of those filthy fucking things ever again.

It's easy, mate, even enjoyable to quit and fuck off for good.

• Upvote 1

Read the Alan Carr book.

I've not touched a cigarette for four years and know I will never touch another of those filthy fucking things ever again.

It's easy, mate, even enjoyable to quit and fuck off for good.

I like easy!  I'm good at easy stuff, tough stuff is where I struggle.  I'll make that today's reading.

Thanks for the heads up.