You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I "smoke" more now than I ever did

Same, just glad it's not what I used to smoke. I've found that if I haven't drank alcohol for a while I can actually cut down using even one of these, so am hoping I can get back to that shortly. Still using the same cheap vaper that zig recommended ages ago, because I didn't want to get into it too much. Am hoping this is just a transition to stopping completely, but that could still take a while yet. It took me several months to stop smoking tobacco even with a vaper, so stopping completely might take another year or so yet, if it happens.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a response here from a European scientist that cuts through this shit. He also contacted the Japanese scientist and asked about the ten times higher figure. Turns out it was one freak result out of many - it's believed that the individual result was caused by an issue in the testing process, most probably that the e-cigarette was running without juice.

Still, makes a nice headline, even if it is bollocks and the scientist who actually did the report disagrees with the media's interpretation of it

http://www.ecigarette-research.com/web/index.php/2013-04-07-09-50-07/2014/188-frm-jp

right I have had a brief look at this tread and the general net and I still haven't a fucking clue what I need to buy. Basically I smoke between 10-20 a day and more of a weekend when at a sporting event and on a night out. I just want to get rid of the cigs and not have a horrible taste in my mouth.

I don't want to be ripped of by some local corner shop which is selling shit and I cant make any sense of what I actually need to buy...I just want to buy something, open it, use it.

Any recommendations for my first E-Cig

right I have had a brief look at this tread and the general net and I still haven't a fucking clue what I need to buy. Basically I smoke between 10-20 a day and more of a weekend when at a sporting event and on a night out. I just want to get rid of the cigs and not have a horrible taste in my mouth.

I don't want to be ripped of by some local corner shop which is selling shit and I cant make any sense of what I actually need to buy...I just want to buy something, open it, use it.

Any recommendations for my first E-Cig

If you're in Liverpool, Rojeans has an excellent reputation. You could look at kit, get good advice and try out a few flavours before you buy.

http://www.store2go.net/shop/rojeans/

• Upvote 2

What is the basis for the belief there was an issue with the testing process vs. an issue with a shoddy manufacturing process of a loosely regulated product created by profit seeking capitalists?

The results are consistent with previous crap tests where they have either failed to add juice or run the test after the juice has run out. Having said that, even if the cartridge was shoddy and didn't contain juice when released from the manufacturer , no sane person would use the product. Vaping dry hits is foul and you would only do it once

For those of you into rebuildables, there is a bargain on Fasttech at the moment. The very excellent Aqua V2 RDA/RBA is available for $35 instead of the usual $150. It appears that the OEM factory that makes the originals have knocked out a few hundred extra from the same production line, using the same materials. Original owners are not happy

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1980900

For those of you into rebuildables, there is a bargain on Fasttech at the moment. The very excellent Aqua V2 RDA/RBA is available for $35 instead of the usual $150. It appears that the OEM factory that makes the originals have knocked out a few hundred extra from the same production line, using the same materials. Original owners are not happy

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1980900

Seen the new kangertech sub tank? Looks like a boss addition, RBA hybrid, capes at 0.5 ohm, I think it's released this week.

http://www.kangeronline.com/products/kanger-subtank-clearomizer

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I just received a 30w iStick... which is great, but I stupidly combined it with a sub ohm Melo tank. Not my cup of tea at all. There's no draw to it, even on the tightest setting... you have to put your finger over the hole to get any kind of draw... and the throat hit is mental. It's like smoking 20 Marlboro Red in one go.

On the plus side, if you like a lot of flavour and vapour but you don't like your throat; this is the set-up for you!

Just ordered a new tank to fit which is more my cup of tea. The iStick is great though.

Money well spent.

The Kanger tanks are very nice looking but I've never actually used one. From a purely aesthetic view I don't like the Nautilus tanks because I like the more modern look so I got the v scope tank which is £20 and holds 3.7ml liquid. All the new ones coming out seem to be sub ohm and that's clearly not for me.

• 1 year later...

I've been back on these for almost two weeks, is anybody still doing it? What's the best site for buying juices from these days?

I had to jack it, kidney function went from 30% down to 17% this time last year, jacked in at Christmas, lifestyle still the same but back on the cigars at the weekend.

Back until to 25% kidney function last set of tests, 4 weeks back.

If you get any backpain whilst vaping get a test on yer kidneys, they may be fine if you are otherwise healthy, but I got pretty close to getting dragged in for dialysis and transplant.

• Upvote 1

Oh aye... I'm still at it...

I don't know what the "best" is but I usually use:

https://larbrook.co.uk/index.php

or

https://www.rainbowvapes.co.uk/

Cheers, LT was the one I always used to use anyway. There's a lad at my birds work who makes his own to sell and he's given us a few samples. Yet to try them though and I've always found LT to be cheap so if he can't match their prices he'll be getting nothing out of me.

What are you using now mate? I've bought myself an iSub G tank and a CoolFire IV battery. It looks and smokes boss but it burns the juice off rapid. Doing 30-40ml a week which is double what I used to go through on the old shitty ego sticks.

I had to jack it, kidney function went from 30% down to 17% this time last year, jacked in at Christmas, lifestyle still the same but back on the cigars at the weekend.

Back until to 25% kidney function last set of tests, 4 weeks back.

If you get any backpain whilst vaping get a test on yer kidneys, they may be fine if you are otherwise healthy, but I got pretty close to getting dragged in for dialysis and transplant.

All because of the ejuice? Fucking hell, first time I've heard anything like that mate. I get regular check ups for my own health problems anyway so I'll be asking my neuro about it next time I'm down there.

Since TPD, half the UK shops are paranoid about shipping to Hungary so I tend to buy from Italy & France these days who don't seem to give a flying about regulations. If you fancy a bit of premium juice, I can highly recommend both Snake Oil & Sands of Time from T Max

Kit wise, I'm going a Hellfire stage - using a Phantom mod with a HF Havoc or a Uroborus Verv. If I fancy a tank then use the Serpent Mini or Mage RTA

If you want a cheap mod, the the Eleaf Pico is fantastic and remarkably tiny. Creates a great stealth kit when combined with a mini RTA like Serpent or Goblin.

Cheers, LT was the one I always used to use anyway. There's a lad at my birds work who makes his own to sell and he's given us a few samples. Yet to try them though and I've always found LT to be cheap so if he can't match their prices he'll be getting nothing out of me.

What are you using now mate? I've bought myself an iSub G tank and a CoolFire IV battery. It looks and smokes boss but it burns the juice off rapid. Doing 30-40ml a week which is double what I used to go through on the old shitty ego sticks.

Rainbowvapes is cheap too but they only do 10ml bottles or like 100ml, no 30ml.  I usually order 8, they always send an extra one - the price goes down the more you order.  The juices are pretty good and the delivery is ultra fast.  Like kind of "what the fuck" type fast. 

I'm still using a MVP 20W with a Subtank but I've been recently looking into new ideas - I like the look of that set up you have going, that's pretty much what i was thinking of getting. Though I've got shit loads of coils for the Subtank, so it'll probably be another few months before I use them all up.  Can you maybe change the resistance or something to stop the juice going down as fast? 

Since TPD, half the UK shops are paranoid about shipping to Hungary so I tend to buy from Italy & France these days who don't seem to give a flying about regulations. If you fancy a bit of premium juice, I can highly recommend both Snake Oil & Sands of Time from T Max

Kit wise, I'm going a Hellfire stage - using a Phantom mod with a HF Havoc or a Uroborus Verv. If I fancy a tank then use the Serpent Mini or Mage RTA

If you want a cheap mod, the the Eleaf Pico is fantastic and remarkably tiny. Creates a great stealth kit when combined with a mini RTA like Serpent or Goblin.

You're so far advanced in terms of vaping that you might as well have typed that whole post out in Hungarian.

• Upvote 2