You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How could I forget...

Your point in general is a good one though, some tend to point at Torres having a Champions League medal etc as vindication for leaving but I bet in general he is miserable as fuck there just like Owen will have been with his entire career since leaving us

Responsible for one of my all-time highs at a match in Cardiff. Nothing against him. Never really warmed to him.

Had he stayed in 2004/5 we propbably wouldn't have won the European Cup and certainly woudl have qualified for the CL. The whole Rafa era would have gone in a completely different direction.

Just remember him for his parting gift to us - Antonio Nunez.

Your point in general is a good one though, some tend to point at Torres having a Champions League medal etc as vindication for leaving but I bet in general he is miserable as fuck there just like Owen will have been with his entire career since leaving us

I suspect for the last few years at least he has been as happy as a pig in shit with shed loads of money to fuck about with the horses and do whatever it is that turns him on because it certainly isnt any burning desire to play football .He was a remarkably gifted teenager who rose to the top of the game in a flash and when the injuries and the money came the fire in his belly went out . It's fair enough I suppose but hard for me to understand why a talent most would die for has not been matched with the hunger to achieve more .

Exactly.

Loved him when he played for us, don't like the way he left us, though don't blame him wanting to play for Real, liked him less when he went to Newcastle and absolutely fucking hate him for going the Mancs. All he was ever interested in was the fame and money, compare him to Luis, all he wants to do is play football, Owen is a twat and i hope he gets killed by one of his horses, cunt

For all your flowery talk on the subject you don't actually get football, do you?

Owen shat on us over his contract and later went to the Mancs. I shouldn't need to say any more.

Or maybe you don't?

Some love faux outrage. He served the club with distinction for eight years, winning six trophies when he was with us. He is a pro footballer, not a fan. As we looked increasingly unlikely to be title challengers he took the opportunity to play for another one of the world's great clubs, we got a fee and a player in return.

The pain was not his conduct, it was our realisation that we could no longer retain our best players, the CL win was nonetheless sweet. Injury blighted his career thereafter, does him subsquently being a bit part player for man u really bother you? I barely noticed.

In recent years, as success has thinned, some have assumed a bitter churlish attitude to fine past servants of the club- as Owen was.

It hurt when he left- but that does not mean that i don't appreciate, and remember the good times.