You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Total Recall

Croque Monsieur

10 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

One of the worst takes in forum history.

They've had eight years to consider their opinion. I wonder if it remains the same? Maybe we'll never find out.

Freaks my nut out that in 2013 the film was  years old.

5 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They've had eight years to consider their opinion. I wonder if it remains the same? Maybe we'll never find out.

Freaks my nut out that in 2013 the film was 20  years old.

The original is a classic. Always a stupid idea to try and reboot an Arnie movie, it's never going to work. The reboot was just awful with an absolutely bizarre premise. Now we don't have Mars, but instead we're staying on earth where the plebs all live in Australia and the nice folk live in the UK of all places. Bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

The original is a classic. Always a stupid idea to try and reboot an Arnie movie, it's never going to work. The reboot was just awful with an absolutely bizarre premise. Now we don't have Mars, but instead we're staying on earth where the plebs all live in Australia and the nice folk live in the UK of all places. Bizarre.

As someone pointed out previously, not having Johnny Cabs in the remake null & voided the whole thing. 

9 hours ago, Baltar said:

Is this really how it works? That's just ridiculous. 

• 4 months later...
On 09/07/2015 at 23:29, Guest davelfc said:

Apart from the Terminator films, there's not a single other Schwarzenegger film that wouldn't be better with a different actor playing the part. He ruins every other film he has ever been in. Just think how great some of those other movies could have been if they'd cast almost any other decent actor in them. 

Now I know you could say that about a lot of films, but for me Arnie is awful, useless. He just about gets away with it in the Terminator films because he's playing a robot. 

The latest Total Recall was a bit shit, however the original shot back then with a half decent actor would have been brilliant. As it is it's just Arnie lumbering around playing Arnie. 

He's been bluffing a living his entire film career.

Fucking hell

• Upvote 2

On 17/10/2021 at 21:11, Harry Squatter said:

That Frankie Allen the scouse comedian always does a Total Recall joke in every show. Just picks out a weird looking/small fella in the audience and says he was boss in Total Recall. OPEN YOUR MIND. OPEN YOUR MIND MR QUAID.

Frankie Allen still tells jokes about saddam hussein and bin laden as if they were still alive so good to see he’s keeping the 90’s alive. Rather sit through the total recall remake than his shit show. (If he’s related to you apologies in advance)