You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Total Recall

Croque Monsieur

• 2 years later...

I have no idea why a film made in 1990 needed to be remade, especially considering the original was such a bona fide classic in the eyes of us simpletons who love gratuitous Paul Verhoeven classics.

But anyway, I have decided to watch the 2012 remake on Film 4 and unbelievably it’s actually worse than I imagined. I mean just look at the acting here:

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I have no idea why a film made in 1990 needed to be remade, especially considering the original was such a bona fide classic in the eyes of us simpletons who love gratuitous Paul Verhoeven classics.

But anyway, I have decided to watch the 2012 remake on Film 4 and unbelievably it’s actually worse than I imagined. I mean just look at the acting here:

It's absolute shite.

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

And that was the best take.  

She’s magnificent though.  

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

And that was the best take.  

She’s magnificent though.  

It’s a dreadful movie and a pointless, remake although I agree about Beckinsale

Her scene in Whiteout still takes some beating though 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Hold on, total recall was remade? Who replaced Arnie? When are they remaking Terminator?

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I don't think it's too controversial a claim to say it's up there with the best films ever made.

Paul Verhoeven has quite the filmography. 

On 17/03/2013 at 01:12, Croque Monsieur said:

Hmm, I had problems with that; what with him being all 'nice' and shit.

Spoiler Alert (on a twenty-year old film):

The bit at the end where he lowers himself into the molten metal and signs off with a 'thumbs-up' is dogshit.

One of the worst takes in forum history.

• Upvote 1