You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

In the 80's the kids who were lucky got to wear Adidas trainers, wether their families had money, saved or merely acquired said items. The unluckier kids who had families less able or merely too frugal despite having the means, wore Dunlop. Rodgers is a pair of Dunlop. We should have atleast a pair of Puma.

All of the above were better than Hi Tec.

Guest San Don
All of the above were better than Hi Tec.

Got to disagree with you there zig. Anyone who went running in hi tec silver shadows knew they were a class above anything else on the market.

Silver Shadows were a high mileage long lasting shoe for about 30 quid while your addidas, puma, nike etc crap costed twice as much and fell apart in half the time.

I miss my hi tec silver shadows!

In the 80's the kids who were lucky got to wear Adidas trainers' date=' wether their families had money, saved or merely acquired said items. The unluckier kids who had families less able or merely too frugal despite having the means, wore Dunlop. Rodgers is a pair of Dunlop. We should have atleast a pair of Puma.[/quote']

Had all of the above brands.

Only had Dunlop as my old fella worked there.

Adidas and Puma were the dogs as Adidas looked boss and Puma lasted for ever!

Got to disagree with you there zig. Anyone who went running in hi tec silver shadows knew they were a class above anything else on the market.

Silver Shadows were a high mileage long lasting shoe for about 30 quid while your addidas, puma, nike etc crap costed twice as much and fell apart in half the time.

I miss my hi tec silver shadows!

Thought we were talking about street cred, not sports.

come back then, then...glory hunter....

Problem is, there will be many leave if we continue to do crap. We can't live on past glory forever as we are now. Our reputation is fading. In ten years we will be the new Villa with a half empty stadium if we carry on like this.

FSG have the right ideas but they haven't the fund to get us back. This bigger picture people talk of is only leaving on wy to disaster. Thing is, I don't think it can be fixed now. Where we are now is where we will be for the rest of my lifetime, and I am only 34.

the middle bit describes Brendan superbly, big ego and doesn't want to work with a DOF, just a shame on the proven and credentials. The sooner Brendan drops the ego and learns from his mistakes the better.

That's my point, questions were asked over Van Gaals ego and liking of control, what had Rodgers achieved to believe he didn't need help ? Nothing. He has team control and does not question the owners. Job done for Fenway.

People like Shankly and Paisley put their heart and soul into the club to take it to such a level that it became one of THE clubs for managers with the very best pedigrees to revere. It shouldn't have been turned into a club where promising managers can learn on the job. Laudrup has won a cup and shown plenty of promise but, quite rightly, even he says he hasn't done enough yet to deserve a chance at a really big club. Rodgers had started to look like a promising young manager - he just wasn't ready to manage Liverpool, he hadn't earned it. In their wisdom, FSG decided they wanted to make some kind of statement about investing in youth and promise, but in doing so they failed to appreciate the traditions of this club. They've also flown in the face of the hard financial logic of today's game - the world won't wait for a manager to take a major club into dry dock, rebuild it and then set it off sailing again. That world moves on, quickly. I think Rodgers will eventually prove himself to be a good manager. He just shouldn't have been given the licence to try to prove himself here. No point in sacking him now, the damage has been done, but it'll be a slow process to claw back some of the old prestige.

Unfortunately they sacked KD for less, can't say I have any confidence in Ian Ayre nor FSG with our future.

Yeah, and I thought that was the wrong decision too, but it doesn't have any bearing on this. He needs at least another year, he'll need to start accepting responsibility for mistakes though as I heard him yesterday saying something along the lines of the team being at a stage where it can't put in a poor performance and win, and he's regularly making that type of comment and, to be honest, I think it's fair enough at the minute, but it won't be next year.

There's no magic wand though, despite the rabid frothing at the mouth of some who seem to think they have all the answers.

He seems to have cut down on the sneaky briefings to the hacks about which other individuals should be slagged off for defeats. Long may that continue. Personally I think he desperately needs an experienced figure to help and advise him - a Tom Saunders type - and he needs a better coaching team behind him. But he's here now, and we have to get out of this mess together.

Of course Rodgers deserves another year. We've already scored more goals than we did last season so the progress is quite clearly there. He just needs to tweak things a little bit and buy some good players in the summer. Why wasn't this thread started after the spurs game? We played a similar team/formation in that game. This fan base is ridiculously reactionary.

In the 80's the kids who were lucky got to wear Adidas trainers, wether their families had money, saved or merely acquired said items. The unluckier kids who had families less able or merely too frugal despite having the means, wore Dunlop. Rodgers is a pair of Dunlop. We should have atleast a pair of Puma.

I didn't even have Dunlop. Just a pair of generic white pumps that my mum used to apply whitening to whenever they got dirty.

He will get another season and if he doesnt make CL he will be sacked. He needs to learn from his mistakes.

I don't think that's a fair benchmark. If we finished 6th, 2 points behind 4th would that constitute a sackable offence?

There used to be an established top 4, but now Man City and Spurs have established themselves at the top while we have at best become the 6th best team in the league, and it's probably harder than ever to get in to the top 4 now.

We can't just look at whether we get in the top four or not as it's not that black and white. If we had a real go at it and looked like we were making real progress then you can't sack the manager.