You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

No point in sacking him if the next manager has to work under the same constraints.

No Liverpool manager has ever spent as much.  We're being investigated for breach of the fair play rules ffs.

Rafa & Hodgson worked under constraints.  It's never going to get any better than this without billionaire owners intent on using the club as their own little plaything, ala City/Chelsea.

• Upvote 1

That's if you agree he has final say.

I never wanted him in the first place I find him deceitful and full of himself. And am quite prepared to judge him on what responsibility he said he had when he took over.

But the simple fact remains despite however much money has been spent we seem to spend it on potential rather than quality.

While this carries on we'll just forever be in a state of transition.

So while money might be made available it'll be made available for 7 or 8 young players on relatively low wages rather than 4 quality players on high wages.

Until that mentality changes it won't matter who the manager is.

• Upvote 2

Nothing personal, but this is absolute bollocks. We couldn't have bought any worse. West Ham have got a better set of attackers than we have.

No this is bollocks, imagine the outcry if we had signed those West Ham players as replacements for Suarez, there would have been a meltdown on TLW. 

• Upvote 1

We defended badly last season too, but we were so potent in attack we got away with it.

Where we are a different team is going forward and it starts in the middle of the park and with what is happening or more to the point what isn't happening ahead of them. We mugged teams last season by winning the ball in the middle of the park and then going at them with often 3 runners, or knocking in a ball for a springing attacker.

We simply haven't done that this season.

It has gone back to slow, ponderous often sideways and backwards passing. Often because there is fuck all showing for them.

Suarez's workrate and infectious will is of course a huge loss, Raheem looks lost without him. His ability to win lost causes, force errors and give us threatening situations high up often from little has blunted us badly and that loss has made Raheem for one less effective, he isn't arriving onto anywhere near as much ball as he was or in as good a position. He is also suffering from following Suarez's lead in games that gave him confidence and belief.

Suarez forced errors, won lost causes and even if it wasn't him who ultimately provided the assist or scored he was often the reason we created something because of his presence, his ability to harass and those around him getting involved.

Coutinho has suffered too from Suarez's absence and the absence of Sturridge, he looks to hit someone with a pass and the movememt isn't there in front of him.

We now have the worst possible mix, poor, indecisive, nervous and porous in defence amd toothless, lacking intensity and static in attack. With a midfield failing to protect the defence or link with the attack well.

It is grim.

Sturridge would be on 10 goals by now if he'd had the sitters that Balotelli has missed. I think he'll make a big difference.

I agree.

The rest of the league is not very good, having a 20-goal striker will carry us a very long way and allow us to pick up points. I also think people underestimate just how counter-productive it is having Balotelli up front. It's noticeable that Coutinho and Sterling are at a loss where to play the ball, what runs to look for and what space to move into.

Why? They're better footballers and more suited to how we play.

They're in better form, other than that they were non-entities in July so much so that if they had been announced as LFC signings the summer transfer thread would have exploded in bile flecked spittle. To try to claim otherwise is nonsense.

If he's judged by Kenny's standards of winning a trophy and achieving European football then he has to do better than that,and its a long shot at present.

A manager whose previous experience was Reading and Swansea was always going to be a risk.

That Garry Monk fella looks alright.

He had us in with a shot at the title on the last day of the season. We have sold our best player who happens to be in the top 3 players in the world an our main goal threat has been injured.

Yes there are definite faults but fucking hell, he has enough credits to be backed for this season and all those moaning should fuck off and watch bowls

• Upvote 2

He had us in with a shot at the title on the last day of the season. We have sold our best player who happens to be in the top 3 players in the world an our main goal threat has been injured.

Yes there are definite faults but fucking hell, he has enough credits to be backed for this season and all those moaning should fuck off and watch bowls

Having spent millions to supposedly improve the team and the squad, don't you find it a bit disturbing that we are all sat here waiting for ONE player (that was already here) to get fit, to turn things around?

I fucking do.

If he is the key that turns the lock, then we need to find a different lock, cos he's always fucking injured.

It also shows to me that we never really had a philosophy, or a system, just 2 fucking great marksmen.

• Upvote 2

He had us in with a shot at the title on the last day of the season. We have sold our best player who happens to be in the top 3 players in the world and our main goal threat has been injured.

Brendan's first two seasons were an unqualified success. I am certainly backing Brendan for the season, and I think most others are too.

But most managers are only good at a few things, and new managers have to gain experience. The skill that gets you into the top four does not necessarily keep you there. John Gregory at Villa looked the business when things were going well for him, but when the weather turned had neither the experience nor the ability to deal with things.

I am a great believer that you either do it, or you don't, the record books will just show a second finish, not the circumstances that contributed to it. But context does matter. Is Dimatteo a great manager because he won the CL with Chelsea? And how good does Whiskeynose's final league title win look now with that shower of shite?

Brendan came here on what amounted to work experience, and has flourished, bloody well done. the danger lies in him having an over inflated opinion of himself, and forgetting what has earned him his success so far.

Which is what, in your view?

He provided a pattern of play which optimised Suarez' talents and convinced Sturridge that he could be the player that Chelsea and Man City thought they had when they signed him. Or did he get lucky?

Now Balotteli is being asked to perform a role which is not his game, Toure does not get picked after a blinder,Johnson is rewarded for mediocrity and Aspas, Borini and Lambert, all good for a goal every three games and Brendan purchases are sidelined for whatever reason.

He provided a pattern of play which optimised Suarez' talents and convinced Sturridge that he could be the player that Chelsea and Man City thought they had when they signed him. Or did he get lucky?

Now Balotteli is being asked to perform a role which is not his game, Toure does not get picked after a blinder,Johnson is rewarded for mediocrity and Aspas, Borini and Lambert, all good for a goal every three games and Brendan purchases are sidelined for whatever reason.

haha - you may be stretching the point a bit here, but it's the ready abandonment of the principles evident when he was doing well that concerns me.  I could understand it if it was in the name of pragmatism, but it isn't - or at least I can't see how it is.  

They're in better form, other than that they were non-entities in July so much so that if they had been announced as LFC signings the summer transfer thread would have exploded in bile flecked spittle. To try to claim otherwise is nonsense.

You not having heard of them doesn't make them non entities.

What West Ham did, was some scouting.

• Upvote 1