You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

No, I call him a twat because we have lost far too many games this season, and been knocked out of too many cups this season, and been made to look shite by mediocre teams we could and should have beaten with better tactics and team selection this season.

He is not good enough for this club, he doesnt understand what this club is, he doesnt understand what being the manager of this club means, and he doesnt care enough about what this club is or means to those of us who have followed it and been part of it for decades.

I call the owners twats as well for buying this club to make money at the cost of what this club is and should be.

And I call you a twat, because you are, a twat.

Hahahahaha

Go to a mirror and repeat that you are a great fan over an over until you believe it.

We have been a cup team for the best part of 25 years now, and you were happy with that?

We have had 2 challenges for the title in 25 years, but you were happy with the cups yea?

Last season kenny lost games and we looked shit against lesser teams, did you call him a twat aswell?

The owners, so far, have shown no signs of bleeding the club dry. They are not like the last pair and have given kenny and Rodgers funds. Kenny spent that money poorly, it isnt Rodgers fault he has to work with some of those players.

He is far from perfect, but we have been shite in the league for 25 odd years. We have bought poorly, got whacked on transfer and agent fee's and lacked any direction from the top to the bottom but you don't see that do you?

You want it all NOW yea? you want a guy to come in as manager and fucking change it all in 8 months yea?

39 years of going to the match and you behave like this, you should hang your head in shame for not seeing the bigger picture and were we are as a club right now

Fucking idiot.

Guest San Don
Lads, you're missing something here. The opinion of anyone calling the manager a cunt can be safely ignored. Gives you more time for more important things like wanking.

Zig speak sense.

Completely disagree with that, he's certainly taken the time to understand the club and has made a real effort to be respectful. I think you're being really unfair there.

Sorry Shoe, but attempting to make Shanklyesque quotes on that piss poor docubollocks that was "Being Liverpool" does not make him anything.

Respectful? maybe, but do you honestly, and I mean honestly, think he gets the whole picture?

Knowing what to say to the camera doesnt mean he gets the club, sorry, it just doesnt.

I dont personally hate him as a man, I just dont think he is good enough, which isnt his fault.

The shite we have as owners made his position what it is, and he is trying to win that place, but he just isnt good enough.

I am coming across wrong tonight through anger at such a shite loss, but the truth is, BR isnt good enough for this club, just as FSG arent good enough as owners, just as some of ( if not a lot of) the team arent good enough for this club.

A shite loss makes us all say things we dont fully mean, but deep down do, if truth be told.

I just hate seeing us where we are, and it rips me to the bone to feel like I do at the minute.

If accepting that pile of shite today, and supporting a manager who doesnt have a clue, makes you a true supporter, and me not, then I am happy not to be.

I personally want better from my club, and if mediocrity makes you happy, then you are sorted.

Were you calling Kenny a cunt last season when we were getting bummed all over the place every other week by Blackpool, Wolves, Bolton, West Brom etc?

Why would you sack a young manager after 1 year?

Dalglish was brought in to the steady the ship which he did but he also showed that he didn't have a clue about the game in the modern era (for this see the Suarez debacle).

This sort of thread is merely a response to the Dalglish sacking which is ulitamtely to do with the Benitez sacking. When we fired Benitez, we finished with the principles of LFC. We became a shithouse club with shithouse fans. Welcome to the brave new world you bunch of cunts.

Guest ShoePiss
Sorry Shoe, but attempting to make Shanklyesque quotes on that piss poor docubollocks that was "Being Liverpool" does not make him anything.

Respectful? maybe, but do you honestly, and I mean honestly, think he gets the whole picture?

Knowing what to say to the camera doesnt mean he gets the club, sorry, it just doesnt.

I dont personally hate him as a man, I just dont think he is good enough, which isnt his fault.

The shite we have as owners made his position what it is, and he is trying to win that place, but he just isnt good enough.

I am coming across wrong tonight through anger at such a shite loss, but the truth is, BR isnt good enough for this club, just as FSG arent good enough as owners, just as some of ( if not a lot of) the team arent good enough for this club.

A shite loss makes us all say things we dont fully mean, but deep down do, if truth be told.

I just hate seeing us where we are, and it rips me to the bone to feel like I do at the minute.

"he doesnt understand what this club is, he doesnt understand what being the manager of this club means, and he doesnt care enough about what this club is or means to those of us who have followed it and been part of it for decades"

The above is what I disagreed with, him being good enough or not is completely unrelated to that.

I think you should go and have a beer and step away from the internet for a bit, most of your post is based on emotion after a loss than anything else. We all do it.

Guest ShoePiss
Yep. Only Souness has ever fully deserved the soubriquet.

I was out of line for calling turkeyneck, turkeyneck? Nah not having it.

The cunt.

Were you calling Kenny a cunt last season when we were getting bummed all over the place every other week by Blackpool, Wolves, Bolton, West Brom etc?

No, because we got to two cup finals, won one lost one, and got into the Europa league on the back of one of them.

What will we have this season????? playing like today, fuck all.

Why would anyone call Kenny a cunt? seriously?

Why would you sack a young manager after 1 year?

Dalglish was brought in to the steady the ship which he did but he also showed that he didn't have a clue about the game in the modern era (for this see the Suarez debacle).

This sort of thread is merely a response to the Dalglish sacking which is ulitamtely to do with the Benitez sacking. When we fired Benitez, we finished with the principles of LFC. We became a shithouse club with shithouse fans. Welcome to the brave new world you bunch of cunts.

I don't care how young Rodgers is.

You would have to be certifiably insane to pick the side he picked today.

And then stick with it.

And then bring on Henderson, when the game was lost. Aplayer who MIGHT have had a say in it NOT being 3-1 by that stage. Baffling.

He's done his badges, i haven't, but he's wrong and most people on here know it.

And its happened shit loads this season. So its not a wobble or a fluke.

He either is incapable of learning the obvious or hes stubborn beyond belief.

Theres no curve, no progress.

Tell me what he learnt from his experiments today.

If Suarez wasn't a Liverpool player he wouldn't have made it this far.

Give the job to Carragher now, we would not skip a beat.

I still don't go along with the notion of giving a manager a set amount of time if things are quite clearly not working, especially with a manager who's completely unproven. If I hire a van driver and he drives it into a wall, the saying "Rome wasn't built it a day" will not calm my nerves.

Theres no curve, no progress.

This isn't actually true. We were the twelfth best team in the first half of the season, and we've apparently been third best this half. Hence being about halfway between the two, in seventh.

There is still a long way to go, but there has undeniably been some progress.

I still don't go along with the notion of giving a manager a set amount of time if things are quite clearly not working, especially with a manager who's completely unproven. If I hire a van driver and he drives it into a wall, the saying "Rome wasn't built it a day" will not calm my nerves.

I'd agree in the case of Hodgson: he signed awful players and had us playing ugly football that was also losing football.

Rodgers has made few (if any) absolute howlers in the transfer market and - when it works - has the team playing beautiful football.

I've criticised him for a few things (and I'll stand by that) but I think that from where we are right now the best hope is to persevere and keep faith: our van is not hitting a wall just yet.

As I said earlier, I don't think there'll be much gained in getting rid of him this summer.

But it cannot be denied that 99% of our losses under him have come from his poor management. Usually a blend of poor team selection, lack of effective in game substitutions, or just a lack of substitutions altogether. Then there's his immense stubbornness in his tactics.

To put it mildly, he knows what he wants us to play like (Barcelona) but hasn't the skill set to achieve it.

What's 'not working' though? We have been shit for 4 seasons now. Maybe the problems run deeper than Rodgers.

What's 'not working' though? We have been shit for 4 seasons now. Maybe the problems run deeper than Rodgers.

What's not working is that with the exception of Spurs, we can only beat sides which don't fight back. That's going to be a pretty big problem in the long term. If we played the mancs tomorrow this is the first time since the Evans era where I'd be 100% convinced we'd have no chance of winning.

You can't include the era under G&H, the club was in special measures. Since the club was put back on an even footing we've had two managers, Dalglish and Rodgers. Dalglish had been out of the game for years, concerns persisted about his ability to deal with stress and the media before he took the reins, and also his highly dubious post-Blackburn transfer record, and legend that he was - all of those worries proved well founded.

The worries over Rodgers are his complete lack of experience and the fact he's totally unproven and is tactically naive. Anyone who saw Swansea regularly would have told us that we'd batter sides from time to time at home, but by not varying our tactics away from home we'd get twatted. Under Rodgers So far, all of these concerns are proving well founded too.

The problem has been going for managers with huge question marks over them before they even started the job.

I've never been as angry as I am today especially as I thought that after a good run of form our manager would stick to most of the same players who were instrumental in those victories and good performances.

But he didnt and made the same mistakes most of the previous managers here have made and continues to make them.

We need to wait until the season's end to make a decision on his future but I am becoming less and less patient with him.